Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

10 years of iPhone

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
jimmybell

10 years of iPhone

Post by jimmybell » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:48 pm

christ - so many to add. my feed is now very Z4 heavy :D

feel free to add me, my username is... pretty easy to guess.
V12 Vantage S - Hammerhead Silver, Manual, Lightweight Wheels, Exterior Carbon++, Carbon Buckets, AMR Performance Pack.
M135i LCI - ZF8, White, HK Audio, Adaptive
--
GONE Z4 M Coupe, Imola, CSLs
GONE C63 AMG, Black, Performance Pack+, LSD, HK

Geezah

10 years of iPhone

Post by Geezah » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:56 pm

I've had amazing Apple service, second to none with the iphone.

Took daughters 3year old iphone 5 s to Apple store for battery test/change. They tested it to confirm battery was on its way out, I agreed to a battery change for £69. They took it around the back, then returned with phone to say that the battery was pitted and due to the volatile nature of these type of batteries, they were not allowed to touch them if they appeared damaged.

The assistant said that they could offer me a new iphone 5s. 'How much?' I asked. 'Same price as the battery swap, £69.'

The iphone was well past it's warranty, Apple were not obliged to do anything. They kept the old phone (wiped) and my daughter gets a brand new iphone for £69!

Who's the daddy!?
2008 Z4 2.0i SE E85, Space Grey, 18" 241 staggered rims, 255/35/18, 225/40/18, 2 tone anthracite/silverstone leather Msport heated seats, M sport MFC Steering wheel, Bluetooth, Comfort pack, Tracker, Automatic climate control, Gaptech, Blah, blah.

jimmybell

10 years of iPhone

Post by jimmybell » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:21 am

Worth mentioning actually.. on the subject of batteries;

If you have an iPhone 6S and your battery sucks.. i mean.. randomly cuts out at 20-40% remaining. It's a known common fault, apple has a repair procedure in place for free, you just go in and tell them, they'll either do it there and then or order in a battery for you and book a slot to drop it off for the afternoon to be repaired.
V12 Vantage S - Hammerhead Silver, Manual, Lightweight Wheels, Exterior Carbon++, Carbon Buckets, AMR Performance Pack.
M135i LCI - ZF8, White, HK Audio, Adaptive
--
GONE Z4 M Coupe, Imola, CSLs
GONE C63 AMG, Black, Performance Pack+, LSD, HK

jabber
Lifer
Lifer

10 years of iPhone

Post by jabber » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:19 pm

I am currently using an iPhone 6 tend to upgrade by buying secondhand from people wanting the latest version, also have an ipad so will probably continue with apple for convenience
Z less again
14 E89 Z4 2.0 msport grey gone now
10 E89 Z4 3.0 Black auto now. Very sadly gone
Gone 04 E85 z4 3.0 Maldives blue smg

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

10 years of iPhone

Post by WLH » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:27 pm

I'm on my 3rd iPhone which is the 6 and it works for me just fine and I especially like the integration with my other Mac products which include an iMac and MacBook Pro. I will use my iPhone 6 until it stops working and at that time make a decision about my next phone which will likely be another iPhone.
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos

extrablatt

10 years of iPhone

Post by extrablatt » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:09 pm

Apple has very generous statutory warranties for faulty products, actually. A colleague had an old iPhone 4S and due to their own policy they were obliged to replace the device within six years of purchase. It's quite well hidden but it's something you aren't entitled to if you buy the device in the US, for example.

I believe they aren't as generous if you don't buy the device direct from Apple

Anyhow, worth remembering if you have Apple products. http://www.apple.com/uk/legal/statutory-warranty/
2013 E89 35iS Mineral White
19" 326M | heated seats & wheel | pro nav & hifi | stubby

Gone: 2010 E89 23i Space Grey