Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Best Thermos flask

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Pastry

Best Thermos flask

Post by Pastry » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:54 pm

After an afternoon with the lovely Laura the first thing you want is a brew???? That's just wrong Christopher!
I can assure you there certainly are greater pleasures to be shared with said lady friend :wink: :titshake:
991 Carrera 2S
Now gone:
2008 Z4MR Midnight Blue Metallic
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Ruby Black
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Titanium Silver
2010 Z4 23i Msport and a 3.0i

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Best Thermos flask

Post by Chris_D » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:01 pm

Pastry wrote:After an afternoon with the lovely Laura the first thing you want is a brew???? That's just wrong Christopher!
I can assure you there certainly are greater pleasures to be shared with said lady friend :wink: :titshake:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (41.3 KiB) Viewed 775 times
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Best Thermos flask

Post by buzyg » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:16 pm

I have one of these. Nice and compact. The pourer is a God send too. Thoroughly recommended.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thermos-Light- ... hour+flask

Kept my cuppa hot for 12 hours+ Climbing Ben Nevis, in the snow, last year. :thumbsup:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Best Thermos flask

Post by buzyg » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:26 pm

Pastry wrote:After an afternoon with the lovely Laura the first thing you want is a brew???? That's just wrong Christopher!
This seems perfectly correct to me. :thumbsup: Can't beat a good brew up in the mountains.

Grumpyowl
Lifer
Lifer

Best Thermos flask

Post by Grumpyowl » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:19 pm

Chris_D wrote:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B013YM ... KAKR8XB7XF
71gxt92OgYL._SL1500_.jpg

I'm going to blacklist your threads Chris.
I've just bought one of these ultimate flasks £32:99 delivered off evilbay. WHY, I wasn't looking for one just got a seed planted telling me what a good idea it was. Going to stop reading your bloody threads :poke:
:roll: :D

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Best Thermos flask

Post by Chris_D » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:06 pm

Grumpyowl wrote:
Chris_D wrote:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B013YM ... KAKR8XB7XF
71gxt92OgYL._SL1500_.jpg

I'm going to blacklist your threads Chris.
I've just bought one of these ultimate flasks £32:99 delivered off evilbay. WHY, I wasn't looking for one just got a seed planted telling me what a good idea it was. Going to stop reading your bloody threads :poke:
:roll: :D
Haha, yw grumpy!

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Best Thermos flask

Post by Chris_D » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:09 pm

buzyg wrote:I have one of these. Nice and compact. The pourer is a God send too. Thoroughly recommended.

Kept my cuppa hot for 12 hours+ Climbing Ben Nevis, in the snow, last year. :thumbsup:
Wow ben nevis? Impressive :thumbsup:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Best Thermos flask

Post by buzyg » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:13 pm

Chris_D wrote:
buzyg wrote:I have one of these. Nice and compact. The pourer is a God send too. Thoroughly recommended.

Forum Blog here, if you have five minutes to waste.

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=87585&p=1294043&hi ... s#p1294043

Well worth doing and a good Themos is a must.

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Best Thermos flask

Post by Ducklakeview » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:26 pm

Chris_D wrote:Thx Mike.
Yeah, researched the 12v kettles but they all take 20mins+ to boil and if you know Lau she doesn't like to wait for anything that long! lol
I've never ever watched a film with her without her skipping right to the end - cos she just couldn't wait. Pointless, and the same applies for warm beverages, she just hasn't got time to wait around for a slow kettle. :lol:
I'm sure you can buy a heavier duty one, with a much bigger element, that you connect directly to the battery with crocodile clips. The cigarette lighter type ones tend to only be around 120w, as drawing more than 10a is on the limit for the car's wiring.
Chris_D wrote:How u gettin on with the amp by the way? all ur soldering toys arrive yet?
Yup, all here, BUT I have also sourced a working amp, so when I get that, I'll look at the faulty one. It's definitely heat related, as was out today in the cold, and it was fine for 30 mins before it started playing up.

Mike

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Best Thermos flask

Post by Chris_D » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:42 pm

Ducklakeview wrote:
Chris_D wrote:Thx Mike.
Yeah, researched the 12v kettles but they all take 20mins+ to boil and if you know Lau she doesn't like to wait for anything that long! lol
I've never ever watched a film with her without her skipping right to the end - cos she just couldn't wait. Pointless, and the same applies for warm beverages, she just hasn't got time to wait around for a slow kettle. :lol:
I'm sure you can buy a heavier duty one, with a much bigger element, that you connect directly to the battery with crocodile clips. The cigarette lighter type ones tend to only be around 120w, as drawing more than 10a is on the limit for the car's r.
Chris_D wrote:How u gettin on with the amp by the way? all ur soldering toys arrive yet?
Yup, all here, BUT I have also sourced a working amp, so when I get that, I'll look at the faulty one. It's definitely heat related, as was out today in the cold, and it was fine for 30 mins before it started playing up.

Mike
Nah mike, i went for that jetboil thing- should fulfil the task of brewing up a cuppa nicely! And dont really want to star draining the battery with gizmo's.

Re. The amp, is it an upgrade? Higher output? What make is it and is it direct replacement sizewise?

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Best Thermos flask

Post by ronk » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:43 pm

I always used a Stainless Steel Thermos when i did a bit of shooting on a cold day - the trick is to pre heat with boiling water before adding your brew. Or, we often take a chilled drink out in the summertime - just add crushed ice!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Best Thermos flask

Post by Ducklakeview » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:47 pm

Chris_D wrote:
Re. The amp, is it an upgrade? Higher output? What make is it and is it direct replacement sizewise?

Nah, gone for a direct replacement of the same. FWIW, I think the optional 10 speaker system sounds quite good in my car. Previously the stereo I rated best was the Dolby Pro Logic option in my XC90, with twin powered subs (all factory) but the Zed's system blows the socks off it, literally. I believe it's rated somewhere around 600w RMS as fitted.

Mike

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Best Thermos flask

Post by Chris_D » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:50 pm

buzyg wrote:
Chris_D wrote:

Forum Blog here, if you have five minutes to waste.

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=87585&p=1294043&hi ... s#p1294043

Well worth doing and a good Themos is a must.
Top post buzy lar! Really inspirational. Great pics and writeup :thumbsup:
I'm thinking about some trips to the Hertz mountains in Germany when thing settle down with the business. Undcided whether to go biking or walking/camping at this point however.....

Pastry

Best Thermos flask

Post by Pastry » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:20 am

ronk wrote:I always used a Stainless Steel Thermos when i did a bit of shooting on a cold day - the trick is to pre heat with boiling water before adding your brew. Or, we often take a chilled drink out in the summertime - just add crushed ice!
I've got a small flask I use for shooting, it doesn't keep the contents warm but the contents keeps me warm :wink:
991 Carrera 2S
Now gone:
2008 Z4MR Midnight Blue Metallic
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Ruby Black
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Titanium Silver
2010 Z4 23i Msport and a 3.0i

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Best Thermos flask

Post by ronk » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:40 am

Pastry wrote:
ronk wrote:I always used a Stainless Steel Thermos when i did a bit of shooting on a cold day - the trick is to pre heat with boiling water before adding your brew. Or, we often take a chilled drink out in the summertime - just add crushed ice!
I've got a small flask I use for shooting, it doesn't keep the contents warm but the contents keeps me warm :wink:
Hic !
Rusty Nail does it for me in my flask :thumbsup:
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup: