Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Carly crashed.

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
pvr
Legend
Legend

Carly crashed.

Post by pvr » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:03 pm

I hate to break up your love affair with Pastry though ... :lol:
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Carly crashed.

Post by Chris_D » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:08 pm

firebobby wrote:
pvr wrote:I am sorry, it will not work. I have tried everything and that was the response I got back when measuring the bus signal when folding my mirrors.

I provided the diagnostics file to the manufacturer and that is what they told me - the pressing of the button does NOT generate signals that can be replicated by anything else.

Carly is nice - but a lot of functions that are on the menu do not actually work on the car.
Oh well, I did think that was the case PVR, but was told the above info. Never mind then.
Pastry, it looks like I won't be coming over then mate :cry:
Might be worth firing an email over to Parcis at carly support fred, just for absolute clarification. There's a lot of opinionating and misinformation floating about re carly. Why not hear it from the horses mouth? And hooking up to the carly app will prove difinitive in any case..... :thumbsup:
i emailed them late last night re the problem with the update and they got right back to me.
Parvis also just emailed me to let me know the issue is now resolved. Thats top service!
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

NickDE

Carly crashed.

Post by NickDE » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:16 pm

Chris_D wrote:WOW! Carly support staff working late:
I'm impressed with Carly support. I sent them an in-app support request on 24 Dec, got a relevant, accurate, useful reply on 25 Dec. :thumbsup:
Darkness gone, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Tronic

Pastry

Carly crashed.

Post by Pastry » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:23 pm

firebobby wrote:
pvr wrote:I am sorry, it will not work. I have tried everything and that was the response I got back when measuring the bus signal when folding my mirrors.

I provided the diagnostics file to the manufacturer and that is what they told me - the pressing of the button does NOT generate signals that can be replicated by anything else.

Carly is nice - but a lot of functions that are on the menu do not actually work on the car.
Oh well, I did think that was the case PVR, but was told the above info. Never mind then.
No worries buddy, you can call in anyway and we'll see if we can remote code PVR into a nice person :lol:
991 Carrera 2S
Now gone:
2008 Z4MR Midnight Blue Metallic
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Ruby Black
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Titanium Silver
2010 Z4 23i Msport and a 3.0i

pvr
Legend
Legend

Carly crashed.

Post by pvr » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:37 pm

I am way out of reach at the moment in Europe, so the BT connection won't work to recode me :P
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Carly crashed.

Post by firebobby » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:43 pm

Pastry wrote:
firebobby wrote:

No worries buddy, you can call in anyway and we'll see if we can remote code PVR into a nice person :lol:
Is that possible Paul, is it really ?. He really burst my bubble, can you sort him good and proper, can ya, can ya :rofl:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Carly crashed.

Post by firebobby » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:46 pm

Chris_D wrote:
firebobby wrote:

Might be worth firing an email over to Parcis at carly support fred, just for absolute clarification. There's a lot of opinionating and misinformation floating about re carly. Why not hear it from the horses mouth? And hooking up to the carly app will prove difinitive in any case..... :thumbsup:
i emailed them late last night re the problem with the update and they got right back to me.
Parvis also just emailed me to let me know the issue is now resolved. Thats top service!
Do you have link Christopher, it's worth a go :thumbsup:
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Mini 1000 1981

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Carly crashed.

Post by firebobby » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:48 pm

pvr wrote:I hate to break up your love affair with Pastry though ... :lol:
Yeah, watch what you say, don't want people talking now do we :whistle: :whistle:
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Mini 1000 1981

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Carly crashed.

Post by Chris_D » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:49 pm

firebobby wrote:
Chris_D wrote:
firebobby wrote:
Do you have link Christopher, it's worth a go :thumbsup:
[email protected]
:thumbsup:

Pastry

Carly crashed.

Post by Pastry » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:56 pm

firebobby wrote:
Pastry wrote:
firebobby wrote:
Is that possible Paul, is it really ?. He really burst my bubble, can you sort him good and proper, can ya, can ya :rofl:
I checked with the Carly people Fred and it isn't good news! On early models like PVR 'being nice' was a factory option only and it obviously wasn't specified by his parents :lol:
991 Carrera 2S
Now gone:
2008 Z4MR Midnight Blue Metallic
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Ruby Black
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Titanium Silver
2010 Z4 23i Msport and a 3.0i

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Carly crashed.

Post by Chris_D » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:08 pm

Pastry wrote:
firebobby wrote:
Pastry wrote: No worries buddy, you can call in anyway and we'll see if we can remote code PVR into a nice person :lol:
I checked with the Carly people Fred and it isn't good news! On early models like PVR 'being nice' was a factory option only and it obviously wasn't specified by his parents :lol:
Carly support told me that they had all manner of complaints regarding the PVR option and it splitting up families, causing turmoil and generally being a disbenefit! They had tried a few re-writes and beta releases but with sadly, even worse customer feedback.

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Carly crashed.

Post by firebobby » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:48 pm

Pastry wrote:
firebobby wrote:
Pastry wrote: No worries buddy, you can call in anyway and we'll see if we can remote code PVR into a nice person :lol:
Thanks for that Chris and Paul, never mind :thumbsup:
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Mini 1000 1981

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Carly crashed.

Post by Chris_D » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:53 pm

By the way, looks like normal service is resumed -

Hello

Many thanks for all your fast and kind support. We have identified the problem and the new working version is already available for sales thanks to Apple support.

Many thanks

Parvis

un1eash

Carly crashed.

Post by un1eash » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:19 am

My old 2007 2.0i SE only had auto lights/wipers and folding mirrors as options. It had the extra button and I had it coded to fold the mirrors in when you hold the lock button.

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Carly crashed.

Post by Chris_D » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:45 am

un1eash wrote:My old 2007 2.0i SE only had auto lights/wipers and folding mirrors as options. It had the extra button and I had it coded to fold the mirrors in when you hold the lock button.
Via carly?