Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Theresa May's Brexit Speech

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
jimmybell

Post by jimmybell » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:17 pm

Any thoughts?

Personally i was sat thinking "I'm glad it's her, and not Gove, Boris or god forbid.. Corbyn". The fact Tim Farron didn't make my 'thank god' list says enough about the sad state of libdem now.

Thus far i'd say it's pretty comprehensive, and clear.
V12 Vantage S - Hammerhead Silver, Manual, Lightweight Wheels, Exterior Carbon++, Carbon Buckets, AMR Performance Pack.
M135i LCI - ZF8, White, HK Audio, Adaptive
--
GONE Z4 M Coupe, Imola, CSLs
GONE C63 AMG, Black, Performance Pack+, LSD, HK

Buckz

Post by Buckz » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:39 pm

she seems to have this idea that EU will just bend over and accept what ever UK wants. Sadly the reality is that UK will need to be the flexible one to get anything decent out o the EU.

She has a decent idea going but doubt she will achieve half of what she said.

alane29

Post by alane29 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:56 pm

Buckz wrote:she seems to have this idea that EU will just bend over and accept what ever UK wants. Sadly the reality is that UK will need to be the flexible one to get anything decent out o the EU.

I dont agree ,the EU is doomed by the end of 2017 it wont exist in its currenty form .
2007 E86 M Coupe
2005 E85 2.5SE

jimmybell

Post by jimmybell » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:07 pm

alane29 wrote:
Buckz wrote:she seems to have this idea that EU will just bend over and accept what ever UK wants. Sadly the reality is that UK will need to be the flexible one to get anything decent out o the EU.

I dont agree ,the EU is doomed by the end of 2017 it wont exist in its currenty form .
Why do you think that's going to happen? And what form will it be?
V12 Vantage S - Hammerhead Silver, Manual, Lightweight Wheels, Exterior Carbon++, Carbon Buckets, AMR Performance Pack.
M135i LCI - ZF8, White, HK Audio, Adaptive
--
GONE Z4 M Coupe, Imola, CSLs
GONE C63 AMG, Black, Performance Pack+, LSD, HK

ranski
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ranski » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:15 pm

Buckz wrote:the reality is that UK will need to be the flexible one to get anything decent out o the EU.
likewise for the EU

Z4 3.0 / Mods done... too many to mention

Post by sticky » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:19 pm

The EU body only exists for the EU body and it"s own self serving policies, it creates work in the form of more bureaucracy at prices private companies would never be able to account for but they get away with it by raising the "EU" fees anytime they feel the need without any in depth control or management. The UK got the big reduction in fees ca 30 years ago by asking where the money goes and since then nothing has changed,, except the price. King Donald is right when he says, NATO is outdated and the EU is out of touch with the member states.
Not much point in NATO if there is constant requests from the EU to relocate Army/Navy to the various conflicts which end up being managed by the member states and NOT by NATO !! Roll on Brexit ASAP

alane29

Post by alane29 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:57 pm

The uk brexit vote and now trump winning have fuelled anti establishment sentiment which could help right wing populist parties in europe.
Look at Le pen in france & that Wilders guy in the netherlands there in with a chance of winning power.
If they do its going to start the process for more refendums in Europe which would finish the EU off .
Some people are fed up with open immigration in europe and were struggling here with the number of people coming in NHS at breaking point a shortage of housing etc
Dont get me wrong im not against immigration i came here from Ireland in 1989 and am greatfull for what the UK offered but now things are out of control .
2007 E86 M Coupe
2005 E85 2.5SE

Post by sticky » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:39 pm

And after we get the EU off our backs bring back hanging,

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:32 pm

sticky wrote:And after we get the EU off our backs bring back hanging,
And the rack, and thumb screws, and stocks and 50 lashes with the cat o' nine tails for good measure. Yeahh.
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:35 pm

jimmybell wrote:
alane29 wrote:

Why do you think that's going to happen? And what form will it be?
Well it will be minus the UK for a start. :P

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:37 pm

Chris_D wrote:
And the rack, and thumb screws, and stocks and 50 lashes with the cat o' nine tails for good measure. Yeahh.
What about Shell suits. :D

Post by sticky » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:39 pm

buzyg wrote:
Chris_D wrote:
Depends where you live, after Brexit deprived areas no longer get special subsidy. :fuelfire:

Post by sticky » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:42 pm

Chris_D wrote:
Nah, just hanging. No point in wasting effort and money on the muppets, have you seen the price of thumb screws these days !!!

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:44 pm

sticky wrote:
buzyg wrote:
Chris_D wrote: And the rack, and thumb screws, and stocks and 50 lashes with the cat o' nine tails for good measure. Yeahh.
Depends where you live, after Brexit deprived areas no longer get special subsidy. :fuelfire:
So Scoucers, lost in deepest darkest Cornwall, are basically, Fecked then. Hoh Hum. :lol:

Post by sticky » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:58 pm

buzyg wrote:
sticky wrote:
buzyg wrote:
So Scoucers, lost in deepest darkest Cornwall, are basically, Fecked then. Hoh Hum. :lol:
But they can still wear shell suits, :D