Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Guns...

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Guns...

Post by Ducklakeview » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:21 pm

Seriously, I know we have gun crime in this country, but 721 deaths by shooting, 162 of them children in the USA since 1st Jan 2017?
1_0_19_5104_80F_2_11A0000_0_0_0.jpg
1_0_19_5104_80F_2_11A0000_0_0_0.jpg (43.35 KiB) Viewed 916 times

I know there is always talk of arming our police routinely, but surely this will mean that the criminals will also "tool up" in response..

I believe Trump is talking about "relaxing" gun ownership laws over there, making access even easier...

Madness..

Mike

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Guns...

Post by GuidoK » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:53 pm

The US is a country where pandora's box has been opened a long time a go. I dont think there's any going back for them. That society is ridden with violence and gun posession. The average american feels that he needs guns to protect their family.
Only those 162children didnt see it that way.

Guns are like a religion over there, so an objective debate over there is out of the question.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | fully polybushed | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs Race Engineering clutch

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Guns...

Post by Chris_D » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:10 am

Guns, freedom of choice, mom's apple pie, more guns. Yeahhhh!
U.S.A.
U.S.A.
U.S.A.
YEAHHHHHHH !!
:rofl:
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

Guns...

Post by sticky » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:12 am

A lot of the "children" being killed are carrying guns, the stats do not tell which is which just children killed by gunfire, but still, way too many

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Guns...

Post by buzyg » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:29 am

That is a tragic truly statistic. :(

ric19

Guns...

Post by ric19 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:50 am

Let them keep the guns, but make bullets $1000 a go

SeanConnor

Guns...

Post by SeanConnor » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:25 am

We have a sales bloke based in New Jersey. He has around ten guns including a couple of AR14s. His last birthday present to his wife was
a Glock pistol. When he is way she sleeps with the Glock in the drawer next to her. Both of his daughters have concealed carry permits.
He has 10,000 rounds in his basement and enough food to last for 6 months.

His theory (and that of many of people in the USA ) is that the gun crimes would stop if everybody was armed. This of course would scare
off the bad guys. I kid you not they are serious about this. Fu**ing lunacy and the death toll continues to rise.

They base the right to bear arms on a dodgy interpretation of the constitution and some nonsense about raising a militia . Quite why they would wish to do this is never explained apart from comments made by the Rambo survivalist types as mentioned above.

And if anybody reading this knows me, yes I have been a member of rifle clubs in the past and enjoy shooting. The rifles however were always
kept at the club. Why the hell would I wish to take them home with me ?

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :thumbsdown:
2008 Sport Coupe Automatic with lots of extras.

Now with cruise control and Mediabridge :driving: Gold wheels HAVE BEEN SACKED.

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Guns...

Post by GuidoK » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:39 am

^ the biggest problem is: if someone like that was your neighbour.... would you feel safe?
That nation is way beyond saving.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | fully polybushed | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs Race Engineering clutch

85genius

Guns...

Post by 85genius » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:44 am

GuidoK wrote:^ the biggest problem is: if someone like that was your neighbour.... would you feel safe?
That nation is way beyond saving.
Of course you would

You'd have 20 guns and 11000 rounds of ammo
Audi quattro driver :o
NOW SOLD - Ruby Black 3.0 SI Roadster :(
Previous - E85 2.5 Ti Silver - See avatar photo - R.I.P Destroyed by a Tranny

NickDE

Guns...

Post by NickDE » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 pm

SeanConnor wrote:His theory (and that of many of people in the USA ) is that the gun crimes would stop if everybody was armed. This of course would scare off the bad guys. I kid you not they are serious about this. Fu**ing lunacy and the death toll continues to rise.
Very true. One of the reasons we left the country. Our kids being metal-detected on the way into school and having regular lock-down drills was scary.
Darkness gone, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Tronic

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Guns...

Post by ronk » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:29 pm

Doesn't Switzerland have a very well armed population? We don't seen to hear of gun crime there?
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

SpiketheBike

Guns...

Post by SpiketheBike » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:44 am

Here's the real issue. The 2nd Amendment was passed in 1791. People used guns to protect themselves from bears, wolves, native Americans bandits etc. These guns could fire around 1 round every 30 seconds and we're very inaccurate.
Now, under THE SAME LAW people can buy guns that fire 50 rounds a second.
2011 Z4 SDrive 23i Highline pack. White with Coral Red leather, 18" 293s with RFTs & Pirellis. LED interior lights. Cree 80W Angel Eyes. Stubby

defrinz4

Guns...

Post by defrinz4 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:28 am

As a Z4 owner and an American I have to say you are all correct. The only people here who get press are the gun nuts. Uneducated and violent. Sort of like the man who will be my president starting tomorrow.

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Guns...

Post by GuidoK » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:44 am

ronk wrote:Doesn't Switzerland have a very well armed population? We don't seen to hear of gun crime there?
Yes but they are far better instructed. There are however lots of accidental deaths with guns in Switzerland.
And I think they use guns for a different purpose. Switzerland has voluntairy army. The population equipped with weapons are their defense. So the Swiss probably feel they need the guns more to defend themselves against other nations than to defend them against their fellow citizens (so that's a huge difference with the US population).
You also see it in scandinavian countries etc. Loads of guns, but for a different cause, like hunting. In the US, the bulk of the firearms are handguns, and the bulk of the people are killed with those. A handgun has no other means than killing a human. Its useles as a hunting weapon and useless as an army weapon.
If you look at australia, they banned guns I think (or partial ban or so). Probably again because the main issue with having guns wasnt to defend themselves from eachother.
Americans are incredible paranoid, and the biggest threat for an american is I think his fellow american... Paranoia creates paranoia.