Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Discovery etc on sky

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Discovery etc on sky

Post by Ducklakeview » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:27 pm

MartynFrancis wrote:So, what everyone take on the whole discovery demanding £1bn from Sky or face loosing it and associated channels from their listing from the 31st
Just a heads up, the channels will still be available on Virgin!

Mike

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Discovery etc on sky

Post by Chris_D » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:34 pm

Converted an old PC used for scanning/storage into a KODI MM device.
Does 1080p Sky, BTsports, UK channels, US channels, latest films as well as downloaded mkv's, etc etc
Repositories can sometimes go flakey but when they do it's just a case of updating the relevant IP numbers.
Pay for telly? Ur avin a larf.
8)
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Discovery etc on sky

Post by Ducklakeview » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:36 pm

Chris_D wrote:Converted an old PC used for scanning/storage into a KODI MM device.
Does 1080p Sky, BTsports, UK channels, US channels, latest films as well as downloaded mkv's, etc etc
Repositories can sometimes go flakey but when they do it's just a case of updating the relevant IP numbers.
8)

Lol

I'm just waiting until Wed to call Sky and "renegotiate" the package at home. God knows why, but the Wife will not entertain the ZGemma's at home, even though she uses the one in the shop without problem. But, seeing as it's the ONLY bill she pays, I'll let it continue AT £124 a bloody month!

Mike

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Discovery etc on sky

Post by Chris_D » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:52 pm

Ducklakeview wrote:
Chris_D wrote:Converted an old PC used for scanning/storage into a KODI MM device.
8)

Lol

I'm just waiting until Wed to call Sky and "renegotiate" the package at home. God knows why, but the Wife will not entertain the ZGemma's at home, even though she uses the one in the shop without problem. But, seeing as it's the ONLY bill she pays, I'll let it continue AT £124 a bloody month!

Mike
Wot? She's scared of getting bubbled? Fairy nuff.
I 'renogtiated' my Ziggo package after threatening to cancel. Was put through to 'retention' dept. where they agreed to give 3 free months then halve my monthly €70 after taking some 'premium' channels inc Discovery sh!te off.
The only thing I watched on it was 'Chasing Classic Cars' but I think little old Wayne Carini has called it a day doin the programs....

shawna

Discovery etc on sky

Post by shawna » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:03 pm

You realize do you that you are chatting in a public forum about pirate and illegal stuff?

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Discovery etc on sky

Post by Ducklakeview » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:03 pm

shawna wrote:You realize do you that you are chatting in a public forum about pirate and illegal stuff?
It's all hypothetical...

ZGemma boxes are designed to receive freely available channels.

Mike

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Discovery etc on sky

Post by Chris_D » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:30 pm

shawna wrote:You realize do you that you are chatting in a public forum about pirate and illegal stuff?
We're all going to burn in hell!
:evil:

shawna

Discovery etc on sky

Post by shawna » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:35 pm

Definitely we will all go to hell but still.....

jimmybell

Discovery etc on sky

Post by jimmybell » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:29 pm

any non-hypothetical legal solutions? :p

guess im going to get an aerial installed, and add a freeview/tivo/recordybox to compliment my amazon+netflix
V12 Vantage S - Hammerhead Silver, Manual, Lightweight Wheels, Exterior Carbon++, Carbon Buckets, AMR Performance Pack.
M135i LCI - ZF8, White, HK Audio, Adaptive
--
GONE Z4 M Coupe, Imola, CSLs
GONE C63 AMG, Black, Performance Pack+, LSD, HK

SeanConnor

Discovery etc on sky

Post by SeanConnor » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:36 pm

Paulwirral wrote:I've just re newed my sky contract , basic package but with the discovery channels , if they get turned off I'll be cancelling altogether and making do with the free to air channels , there's only really the car programmes and a couple if the mockumentry alaska -gold type programmes on sky I watch anyway
Same with me.
2008 Sport Coupe Automatic with lots of extras.

Now with cruise control and Mediabridge :driving: Gold wheels HAVE BEEN SACKED.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Discovery etc on sky

Post by buzyg » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:24 pm

Chris_D wrote:
We're all going to burn in hell!
:evil:
:lol: :thumbsup:

Too Late. :wink:

maxman

Discovery etc on sky

Post by maxman » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:40 pm

chapeau wrote:I had sky hd for a number of years but switched to BT 2 years ago and couldn't be more impressed.
It had all of the channels i usually watch (eurosport for cycling, discovery, the kids channels for my boys) and all for much less than sky costs.
Here are the channels available:
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/deta ... n-bt-tv%3F

With Bt if you give them a call to say the package is getting to expensive after being with them for 12 months,they will renew your contract.This reduced mine by £16 a month for the same content.

bluespit

Discovery etc on sky

Post by bluespit » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:41 pm

Given that I know nothing (or very little at most) I'm thinking of an all in one solution. My sky and bt are both up to renewal soon and I may well combine all into one. Don't really want to leave bt for phone and Internet as it works well out here in the sticks. (If I do I guess I'll lose my 'btinternet' email address???).

Sky to is simply so much better then freeview (picture quality and sound) in both normal and HD. If I shift to to BT TV I'd worry about loss of quality.

I pay about £80 total to and phone/internet. Don't watch sport, movies, box sets. Don't stream video, music or any other heavy use on internet. We do watch and record basic to chanels in HD and the car programmes on discovery.

Conundrum.
now I'm about to have more time I've suddenly got less toys to play with!

Wrs

Discovery etc on sky

Post by Wrs » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:52 pm

bluespit wrote:Given that I know nothing (or very little at most) I'm thinking of an all in one solution. My sky and bt are both up to renewal soon and I may well combine all into one. Don't really want to leave bt for phone and Internet as it works well out here in the sticks. (If I do I guess I'll lose my 'btinternet' email address???).

Sky to is simply so much better then freeview (picture quality and sound) in both normal and HD. If I shift to to BT TV I'd worry about loss of quality.

I pay about £80 total to and phone/internet. Don't watch sport, movies, box sets. Don't stream video, music or any other heavy use on internet. We do watch and record basic to chanels in HD and the car programmes on discovery.

Conundrum.
Freesat box?
Gone - Black Sapphire Z4 E89 35is
Gone - Midnight Blue Z4 E85 3.0si

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Discovery etc on sky

Post by paddy wright » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:23 pm

Bloody hell- just renewed and only did so for the discovery channels!
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!