Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Gentlemens Agreement

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Gentlemens Agreement

Post by TitanTim » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:33 pm

Thanks everyone, you're not making me feel any better :lol:

I've been here before, got attached to cars but sold them, I've never really had any regrets as I know in the future I will probably get something else that will give me just as much pleasure as the Z3 does/did, time doesn't stand still and once its gone its gone.

Spoke to the salesman today who's having the Z3, he rang me to give me a choice of reg no for the new motor which is being built tomorrow :) I mentioned to him about other interest in the Z3 but he just said let him know when I want to part with it so sale is still on. I suspect though it will be kept for some summer fun and sold next Autumn.

Tim.

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Gentlemens Agreement

Post by Ducklakeview » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:40 pm

shawna wrote:99% if you called him and told him you have someone waiting with cash he would have said go ahead and give it to him.

Hedge your bets now.....

S

This....

Mike

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Gentlemens Agreement

Post by ronk » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:37 pm

The salesman is always your best mate when he is selling you his car - unfortunately you will very soon become the punter that I sold that XXXX to !

Remember he will also be making a healthy bonus selling his car and would have no hesitation of cancelling the deal if something went belly up on his sale. I speak from experience here.
I am sure there are some decent and honest sales blokes out there so I apologise in advance to any of them who I might of offended.

If you are definitely going to sell the Z3 - get some sizeable cash commitment from the buyer - trust is a two way process :thumbsup:
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Gentlemens Agreement

Post by RickRob » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:39 pm

I am confused by all of this.

If I have read it all correctly, your salesman buyer wanted it a while ago, but you wanted to keep it until March when the new one turns up.

Your other potential buyer wanted it staright away and you were tempted to let him buy it straight away. Why didn't you want to keep it until March any more?

Why didn't you ask the original salesman buyer if he wanted it then? If he had said "no", then you could have asked for a deposit then.

I think that deep down you do want to move the Zed on. Otherwise, why would you have had such a dialogue with the other chap?

All of the above questions are somewhat rhetorical, more my observations/confusion.

Whatever happens, good luck!
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Gentlemens Agreement

Post by TitanTim » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:05 pm

RickRob wrote:I am confused by all of this.

If I have read it all correctly, your salesman buyer wanted it a while ago, but you wanted to keep it until March when the new one turns up.

Your other potential buyer wanted it staright away and you were tempted to let him buy it straight away. Why didn't you want to keep it until March any more?

Why didn't you ask the original salesman buyer if he wanted it then? If he had said "no", then you could have asked for a deposit then.

I think that deep down you do want to move the Zed on. Otherwise, why would you have had such a dialogue with the other chap?

All of the above questions are somewhat rhetorical, more my observations/confusion.

Whatever happens, good luck!
:)

What happened was I went to order a new car just after x-mas, had no intention of selling the Z3 at that time as was going to wait until March as I'm using it as a winter car. I just happen to mention it to the salesman that I would be selling and he made me an offer which I accepted and we shook on it. He did want the Z3 back in December but I said he would have to wait until March which he reluctantly agreed too. The other chap only appeared on the scene last Saturday and was very keen, had the cash etc and was I slightly tempted as its not long until March now but told the chap it was sold hence this thread. I was in no rush to sell the Zed back in December, I just said to the salesman it's up to you if you want to wait or not until March which he said he would do :)

Tim.

Kingfisher

Gentlemens Agreement

Post by Kingfisher » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:45 pm

sticky wrote:
Kingfisher wrote:A verbal agreement isn't worth the paper it's written on! ... :D

(Quiz ... that was a quote ... who said it originally?)
Groucho Marx
It sounds like a Grouch Marx quote but was actually a 'Goldwynism' from the Hollywood mogul Sam Goldwyn. In fact it was a misquote - what he actually said was "His verbal contract is worth more than the paper it's written on". I think the misquote was better!

(that was interesting wasn't it?) ... :|
Dec 2014 ... E89 35is sDrive M DCT ... Red ... :driving:

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Gentlemens Agreement

Post by ronk » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:23 am

Any updates Tim?

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Gentlemens Agreement

Post by ronk » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:27 pm

is this still on the cards Tim?

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Gentlemens Agreement

Post by TitanTim » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:43 pm

ronk wrote:is this still on the cards Tim?
Sorry Ron, I must have missed your earlier post :oops: Yes still on the cards as far as I know. New motor has been built and should be on its way from Turkey, salesman said it might arrive a week or two early so planning on letting the Z3 go week after next as would prefer its gone before the other car arrives. The M140i needs getting out the garage anyways as its been stored since Oct :oops: Planning on some summer goodies for the 140 :)

Tim.