Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

weight loss surgery

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Popey

weight loss surgery

Post by Popey » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:13 am

I should say I have lost a lot of weight in the past, about 5 years ago I went down to just under 14 stone. And since then I've managed lose weight here and there. The issue for myself is keeping it off.

The surgery is there to help me, it will do a lot of the work for me but it won't work without my combined effort.

I looked into the band but I couldn't stand the re adjustments needed and I also feel I need a permanent solution.

I'm excited to get it done now.

chapeau

weight loss surgery

Post by chapeau » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:07 am

I am always wary of commenting on weight loss posts for the same reason you originally stated (the good old exercise more and eat less) but I can see where you are coming from. I too am in my mid 30's and 6ft but now weigh a little over 12st.
I managed to lose my weight by joining Slimming World, I'd tried other diets/eating fads but only found the SW eating plan to work as I love my food and the other plans restricted what I can eat whereas theirs let me eat plenty but teaches about eating healthy well balanced food rather than just eating less food. I've now kept to my target weight for 4 years so it must work (well at least for me it did anyway)

Good luck to you mate. I always think it's great to see someone making a health change for the better. It does sound a drastic solution but if it will work for you and give you a better life then it will be worth it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
E85. 2.5i SE. 2004. Sterling grey, anthracite 107s, black leather heated seats, hardtop, sound gen retrofit, matt black grills, stubby, zhp, cupholders retrofit, roof motor in boot.

DMC63

weight loss surgery

Post by DMC63 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:13 am

Popey wrote:I'm going to be having weight loss surgery soon, currently delayed due to a fractured knee.

I'm 36 years old, just over 6ft and weigh in at 19-20 stone. Years of struggling with my weight as prompted me to take matters into my own hands before it seriously impacts my health.

Just wanted to see if anyone on here as had any experience of it or knows someone that as? I'm personal going for a gastric sleeve, this seems to be the best fit for myself. It's not a decision I've come to lightly, the financial investment alone (£8000) took some consideration.

I know people will respond with diet and gym, good point but it's never really worked for me. However this will still be part of my life once I drop some weight. This is not a quick fix but rather a tool to help with my weight control.
First off, I hope the operatioin goes well and gives you the results you're hoping for. If diet and gym are going to become a part of your life after you've dropped the weight then check this system out. https://athleanx.com/
By far the best workout systems I've encountered, and I've tried a few. I was a personal trainer for a while so I'd like to think I know my onions. Jeff (Athlean x) surely knows his. There's a forum attached to the program and people of all shapes and sizes working out.
BMW Z4 2003 2.5i and lots of bits and pieces - 2016 - 2020 Sold