Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

NSFW - Lay-Z-Spa hot tubs - any good?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Lay-Z-Spa hot tubs - any good?

Post by MrPT » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:28 pm

Why are we talking about naked bits and pampas grass in the same thread?! Yowsers.
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

Pastry

Post by Pastry » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:46 pm

MrPT wrote:Why are we talking about naked bits and pampas grass in the same thread?! Yowsers.
Because one normally leads to lots of the other, so I've been told :wink:
991 Carrera 2S
Now gone:
2008 Z4MR Midnight Blue Metallic
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Ruby Black
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Titanium Silver
2010 Z4 23i Msport and a 3.0i

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PerryGunn » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:01 pm

Pastry wrote:
MrPT wrote:Why are we talking about naked bits and pampas grass in the same thread?! Yowsers.
DMC63 wrote:Pampas grass,my neighbors have got loads in their front garden.
@DMC63, perhaps she's trying to lure you in....
PampasDate.JPG
PampasDate.JPG (123.88 KiB) Viewed 1415 times
Alpina Roadster S #320
* Quaife ATB LSD * StrongStrut Braces * Turner RTAB Limiters * Gap-Tech RCH+ *
* Intravee & KCA-420i * Mini 0806 * Cheetah C550 * Stubby *

Nash3vans

Post by Nash3vans » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:06 pm

No good if you have cats. Our cat used it as a scratch post, say no more :x
2005 merlot 2.5 auto.313s.e46 m3 front brakes.Strut brace,poly bush’s front, m front bumper,modified grilles,bc racing coilovers,facelift lights all round,modified rear bumper,s/wheel retrimmed, Merc slk seats. scorpion exhaust, many interior mods.

Hilly30si

Post by Hilly30si » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:12 am

RubyBlueZ4MC wrote:Right when you are all done discussing your fantasies :rofl: can someone tell me if this is a good product or naff?
I bought one in 2007 brand new all fitted cost 6k seated 6 great bit of kit fast forward 3 years Hardly ever used it. I wanted rid I got £800. They are a great idea at the time.
My Cars

2021 X3 M Sport loaded with Tec
1974 Triumph TR6 in Mimosa Yellow
Gone but not forgotten
2008 Z4 3.0 SI Roadster

ggmiller

Post by ggmiller » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:08 am

Hi,

18 months ago i bought one of these:

http://www.canadianspacompany.com/produ ... table-spa/

Got it at a great price on eBay brand new.

Used it almost every day for the first 8 months or so then we've settled on about 3-4 times per week. My son uses is after football (after a shower!) and I tend to use it a couple of mornings a week and the odd night. It's working out great as a location for a catch up chat without phones/TV etc.

They are £1600-1700 ish online from the manufacturer but B&Q have them at just over £1k.

http://www.diy.com/departments/canadian ... 760_BQ.prd

I spend about £7 a month on chemicals and i think it's added about £20 a month to the electric bill so it's a great cost effective way to see if you think you'll use it enough long term.

If you get one at a good price i can't see you losing money on it if/when you decide to sell/upgrade.

One note for you, this is a foam walled version, I didn't go inflatable as i thought they looked a bit cheap and wouldn't stand up to too much use. You can sit on the side of this and dangle your legs in which you can't do with an inflatable!

Hope that helps a bit,

Glenn

Any questions just let me know

Disca

Post by Disca » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:47 am

Well we have a kitty so that may cause a few issues with the inflatable ones.

There does happen to be one of the Canadian Spa ones on Ebay in a fairly new condition for not that much (compared to RRP). Only challenge being it is in Liverpool :rofl:
He who has the most toys, wins.

‘15 VFR1200FD

Havard

Post by Havard » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:55 am

It's just one of those ideas that seems good at the time but ultimately it's an itch that needs scratching.

H.
ImageImage

Steve84N

Post by Steve84N » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:52 pm

My in laws have got two Intex inflatable spas (one for each house and a pool at the third one). They are good for the money and you can sit on the side dangling your legs in as they are that sturdy. The heater is a bit slow from cold and not powerful enough to maintain a high temperature with the top off on a cold day but if you put the lid mostly on it works. The Intex has jet stream nozzles that pump water to create a current rather than blowing air like the cheaper ones do which tends to cool the water down.
C63 AMG Estate 6208cc

RubyBlueZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RubyBlueZ4MC » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:27 pm

I think this is the first time in my history of becoming a "Lifer" on the forum that I am the OP of a thread title that got edited NSFW by the Mods :lol:

Some interesting points to consider on the whole germ thing and the fact that we have our cat so thank you to those pointing it out. Thanks Glenn for the estimated costs and website, thats helpful :thumbsup: I agree that I think the inflatable one can look a bit cheap but then I like the fact it can be put away for some months if required. I am a bit concerned that the novelty will wear off quickly...like it did with the rowing machine and the treadmill...

We shall give it a bit more thought. Can anyone let me know if they are particularly loud?
Gone: Interlagos Blue Z4 ///M Coupe
Remains: Red Skoda Yeti DSG Family Wagon! :o and the Hubby's Topaz Blue Z3 2.8 Facelift

ggmiller

Post by ggmiller » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:01 pm

Re noise. Mine just sounds like a vacuum cleaner when the bubbles are on, heater has a slight noise but i can't hear it at all from about 20 feet away.

Neighbours didn't know about it until i put a fence up to protect my modesty so it can't be that loud.

I bought the rigid top for mine which was overpriced at £299 but it helps with heat retention and looks much better in my opinion.

This model can be taken down in about 10 mins and reassembled in about 30 mins, the foam sections are bulky i suppose but if you are not planning on using it for a few months then just drain it rather than pack it away.

One ludicrous thing to note on some of the cheaper inflatable units is that the pump is not waterproof! so they say you're meant to cover it with a bin or similar?!

Cookie

Post by Cookie » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:35 pm

Hi Ruby. As per Harvard, I am also aware of water treatments and the underlying problems they can bring. Especially when the main season is over and the tub is left wth standing water. Treatment can be time consuming and done correctly can be quit expensive if done correctly. Personally I stay clear and when I see jacuzzi being used when away on holiday it makes me cringe. Everyone to their own. Good luck with yours.
CookieP

DMC63

Post by DMC63 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:07 am

PerryGunn wrote:
Pastry wrote:
DMC63 wrote:Pampas grass,my neighbors have got loads in their front garden.
@DMC63, perhaps she's trying to lure you in....
PampasDate.JPG
Ohw! Where did you get her pic?
BMW Z4 2003 2.5i and lots of bits and pieces - 2016 - 2020 Sold