Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Thanks for creating history Claudio..there's the door!

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Geezah

Post by Geezah » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:55 pm

If ever you wanted evidence that modern Football is all about greed and money, look at what Leicester did for Claudio Ranieri after all he did for them. Half of me says Fcuk Football and all their Prima Donnas, but the other half says I can't! Just feel pretty disgusted the way they just binned him. :x :thumbsdown:
2008 Z4 2.0i SE E85, Space Grey, 18" 241 staggered rims, 255/35/18, 225/40/18, 2 tone anthracite/silverstone leather Msport heated seats, M sport MFC Steering wheel, Bluetooth, Comfort pack, Tracker, Automatic climate control, Gaptech, Blah, blah.

maxman

Post by maxman » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:35 pm

They know the score,he was lucky when he moved there as the team he inherited was on a winning run.
I don't suppose he will walk away empty handed as most people who are sacked for under performing do.Thats not to say he's not a decent bloke outside football.

metal licker
Lifer
Lifer

Post by metal licker » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:30 pm

They should have give him to the end of the season ! Hope they get relegated now
718 4.0 GTS Boxster in YELLOW :driving:
718 Guards Red Boxster .........Gone!
A35 AMG saloon .........Gone!
JCW ...........Gone !
E89 35i Msport VO ................Gone !
E89 23i SE DSB ................Gone !

Hello to Jason Isaacs

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:04 pm

metal licker wrote:They should have give him to the end of the season ! Hope they get relegated now
This would be fantastic :lol: Thai owners have messed up.

Fair enough, they've been diabolical this season (bar their impressive champions league run), but at least give the guy until the end of the season to sort it out.

They could've made it even worse by ditching him just as they appeared to have turned a corner. That 2ns half versus Sevilla was much more like the Leicester City of last season.
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

Grumpyowl
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Grumpyowl » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:43 pm

As a business they can't afford relegation as there is no guarantee they'll do a Newcastle and bounce straight back.
More likely do a Villa and drop through to the pub league 1.

He should have been sacked at Christmas and a new guy given the January transfer window.

He should have taken the Italy job and walked away a hero.
If he wants another club at his age he won't be waiting long, meanwhile his multi million £ pay off will keep him happy.

dr_john
Lifer
Lifer

Post by dr_john » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:26 pm

As a Leicester resident and passing supporter I feel very ashamed of the treatment of Ranieri.

Thanks Claudio and good luck.
Sapphire Black G29 2.0 MSport with Technology pack

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:09 am

Just proves it is all about money - the owners are sh*tting themselves because with all the new contracts the players got they cannot afford relegation because of the wage bill!

After what Claudio gave them surely they could have waited 3 months - I can't see changing manager now is any more likely to keep them up than giving Claudio another 3 months! As someone said, I just want to see them relegated now!

And it was only a couple of weeks after the board gave him a statement of support - that seems to be the first indication of imminent sacking! Ask Alan Pardew - Palace did the same to him!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Silverzedtom

Post by Silverzedtom » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:39 am

I'd put my money on relegation now. Any manager needs time to get to know the players, inspire them and get them playing together in their prefered format. All that takes time and patients and for me there isn't enough left.

I'd know, I'm a Chelsea fan :fuelfire:
E85 2.5si
F55 Cooper S

chapeau

Post by chapeau » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:30 am

After the way they have treated him i can see all goodwill towards them as underdogs evaporate and people will be willing them towards the championship.
E85. 2.5i SE. 2004. Sterling grey, anthracite 107s, black leather heated seats, hardtop, sound gen retrofit, matt black grills, stubby, zhp, cupholders retrofit, roof motor in boot.

original guvnor
Lifer
Lifer

Post by original guvnor » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:11 pm

So much hate. I don't remember everyone wishing the same on Chelsea when they sacked Jose less than 6 months after winning the league last season, when the players had stopped playing for him. If you don't support our great club I'll leave this here.
image.png
image.png (151.16 KiB) Viewed 807 times

Geezah

Post by Geezah » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:09 pm

Mourinho didnt have to beat 5000-1 odds.
2008 Z4 2.0i SE E85, Space Grey, 18" 241 staggered rims, 255/35/18, 225/40/18, 2 tone anthracite/silverstone leather Msport heated seats, M sport MFC Steering wheel, Bluetooth, Comfort pack, Tracker, Automatic climate control, Gaptech, Blah, blah.

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nanu » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:17 pm

Would be very happy to have him here at Sunderland :roll:
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

Geezah

Post by Geezah » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:55 am

....and at the Palace!

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nanu » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:22 pm

Geezah wrote:....and at the Palace!
Sadly I don't think either of us will be pleased. There will be a lot of top flight european clubs after him.

He can just put his feet up and enjoy leicester going down (With us and Hull unfortunately) and wait for the inevitable offers.
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

Sae

Post by Sae » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:24 pm

Football is funny old game.
Personally, owners could be financially worried, but I blame the players, they've all lost their drive after their new 4yr contracts and pay rises.
Even if Ranieri had them playing a 1 10 formation, surely the feckers would have enough sense to play some quality of football!

So fast forward when the managers gone and they might get relegated, probably the kick up the arse they needed, they'll probably stay up but hope they get relegated :x
Z4MCoupe Sapphire Black