Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Glad I'm getting a Hyundai

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Post by TitanTim » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:14 am

http://999-news.co.uk/2017/02/police-is ... -vehicles/

Unsure if the Police should get Hyundai's too :lol:

Tim.

chapeau

Post by chapeau » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:22 am

There have been a few BMW thefts from south staffs too. 3 from very near to me recently all by the same method mentioned :(
I'm thinking of going old school and adding a stoplok to both the z and the x3 as it would at least slow them down if it wouldn't stop them.
E85. 2.5i SE. 2004. Sterling grey, anthracite 107s, black leather heated seats, hardtop, sound gen retrofit, matt black grills, stubby, zhp, cupholders retrofit, roof motor in boot.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:35 am

Another reason for driving a rust bucket all week and keeping the Zed tucked out of sight out of mind from the thieves. Fingers crossed I don't know any one around where we live, who has ever had a car stolen or been burgled. Completely Different when we lived in both Liverpool and Gosport.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:29 pm

Vehicle theft is nothing new & neither is breaking into houses for keys :?
If i ever had to contemplate buying a Hyundai then shoot me as my life must be coming to a end anyway :D
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

freemadw

Post by freemadw » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:59 pm

Quite a few Hyundai Panda cars here in London, seem to be replacing the Astras.
Cheers, Dave
If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining...

DMC63

Post by DMC63 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:18 pm

Always hide your car spare car keys...Somewhere you can find 'em. :thumbsup:
BMW Z4 2003 2.5i and lots of bits and pieces - 2016 - 2020 Sold

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Post by TitanTim » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:12 pm

Nowt wrong with Hyundais Mr Wilks if you like reliability and the 5 year warranty and the extra kit that BMW will charge you a fortune for, can't knock em to be honest for A to B transport, unsure I could have one as an only car though :D

Its the one thing that always worried me when I had the E89 and the current Z3 in todays world, people don't like others having nice things. Will be slightly relieved when I take delivery of the Hyundai and not have to worry when parked in town etc, vandalism and all that. The M140i is locked away and will be relegated to days of fun. The M135i/140i s do seem to be target for thieves of late, along with the Golf Rs, I guess they make nice fast get away cars.

Neighbour had their Jag nicked off the drive a few years back, they got through the cat flap :?

Tim.

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ewazix » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:05 pm

mr wilks wrote:Vehicle theft is nothing new & neither is breaking into houses for keys :?
If i ever had to contemplate buying a Hyundai then shoot me as my life must be coming to a end anyway :D
Another Hyundai admirer here, good honest no BS cars :telloff:

Our i20 runabout has had 4 years hard use with zero rattles, no dodgy ABS/Maf/sensor warning lights, no misty lamps, no broken springs and a sweet gearchange that works. The only regret is that it looks unlikely that the 5 year warranty will have been used :wink:
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Post by TitanTim » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:14 pm

Ewazix wrote:
mr wilks wrote:Vehicle theft is nothing new & neither is breaking into houses for keys :?
Another Hyundai admirer here, good honest no BS cars :telloff:

Our i20 runabout has had 4 years hard use with zero rattles, no dodgy ABS/Maf/sensor warning lights, no misty lamps, no broken springs and a sweet gearchange that works. The only regret is that it looks unlikely that the 5 year warranty will have been used :wink:
This will be my first so sounds promising, will report back in 4 years :D

Imageupload pics

Hoping to take delivery soon, might even be on the boat :)

Tim.

Paulr

Post by Paulr » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:11 pm

freemadw wrote:Quite a few Hyundai Panda cars here in London, seem to be replacing the Astras.
Cheers, Dave
Think you will find Fiat make tha Panda.

My Hyundai Santa Fe has been brilliant over tha last five years, a great family hack that is exceedigly reliable.
If you try and take a cat apart the first thing you have is a non working cat.

Havard

Post by Havard » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:49 pm

Hmm, making me think now. We were just about to sell the Santa Fe and get an E92 M3, this wouldn't be garaged and would just be on the drive. Risky now me thinks..!!

The garage is already taken up with the Zed and 330 Ci. Maybe leaving the 330 out is the option but the missus would need to get the M3 out of the garage every day and I doubt she will fancy that for long.

H.
ImageImage

freemadw

Post by freemadw » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:24 pm

Paulr wrote:
freemadw wrote:Quite a few Hyundai Panda cars here in London, seem to be replacing the Astras.
Cheers, Dave
Think you will find Fiat make tha Panda.

My Hyundai Santa Fe has been brilliant over tha last five years, a great family hack that is exceedigly reliable.
:thumbsup: :rofl:
I meant Hyundai Police cars...
Cheers, Dave
If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining...

Roundozo

Post by Roundozo » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:38 pm

To be honest i think our zeds are perfectly safe. The scrouts that nick cars via the burglary method are usually targeting high value stuff and ours can now be had for relatively little outlay.

I used to be worried about my cortina getting stolen. Probably not for sale but more for joyriding purposes. Old fords were pretty notorious for being easy to break into so all i could do was add deterrents. I used a steering wheel lock and a gearstick lock. Would leave the car in gear and then put the lock on. The final thing i did was installed a kill switch under the drivers seat, hidden out of the way. This cut the power to the distributor so although she would turn over it would never start. It was my piece of mind in case they got in and removed the other security devices. I've seen videos of how quickly they can remove some of that stuff. It's scarily fast.

I think if you're good with your electronics you could add a kill switch to the zed. Something that would cut power to the sparks or something. That way if they get the keys she still wouldn't start without flicking the switch.
Past - Z4 Coupe, gone but not forgotten
Present - 530d M sport touring

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ewazix » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:32 am

Roundozo wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:38 pm
I think if you're good with your electronics you could add a kill switch to the zed. Something that would cut power to the sparks or something. That way if they get the keys she still wouldn't start without flicking the switch.
Looking at the failure rate the standard BMW ignition key switch does a pretty job of randomly killing the ignition circuit as it is :wink:
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Post by TitanTim » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:42 pm

It's not the thieving so much but vandalism.

Tim.