Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Abandoned Mansion

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Abandoned Mansion

Post by TitanTim » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:40 pm

What a strange place, can't work out if its in the UK, but how on earth does a house get abandoned like that with everything still inside? I'm guessing the owner died with no living relatives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZMLkLOH_oY

Quite sad.

Tim.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Abandoned Mansion

Post by buzyg » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:12 am

Yup that is quite sad indeed.

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Abandoned Mansion

Post by TitanTim » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:29 am

Looks like it is in the UK, lovely house though.

Tim.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Abandoned Mansion

Post by buzyg » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:39 am

TitanTim wrote:Looks like it is in the UK, lovely house though.

Tim.
For sure that's the UK.

I was hunting for the coat of arms earlier. Not found though and possibly not related to the house any how.

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Abandoned Mansion

Post by TitanTim » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:56 am

What's surprised me is how quickly the inside has deteriorated in 20 years, looks like the wallpaper has dropped off the walls. The house 2 doors down from me has been empty for 3 years now. The old chap who lived there went into a home and so the house is just sitting there not being looked after, great shame.

Tim.

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Abandoned Mansion

Post by firebobby » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:19 pm

Wow, what a find. House up the road from us has been empty for about 6 years now. The son goes in most days and still keeps the garden looking OK. I have been after it for some years now, but he's not selling it yet. I wish I had the money to be able to sit on an empty 3 bed home all that time, I think it would have at least been rented by now :o
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

ChrisC85

Abandoned Mansion

Post by ChrisC85 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:00 pm

I saw that vid before.
It belonged to a doctor and her husband, but when the husband died in 1996 I think the wife who was in her eighties couldn't cope and left the place.
Really surprised that it is still untouched and it hasn't been looted and vandalised.
Sold: Z4M Coupe, Sapphire Black.

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Abandoned Mansion

Post by TitanTim » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:47 pm

ChrisC85 wrote:I saw that vid before.
It belonged to a doctor and her husband, but when the husband died in 1996 I think the wife who was in her eighties couldn't cope and left the place.
Really surprised that it is still untouched and it hasn't been looted and vandalised.
Thanks for the explanation, makes sense, I'm guessing the wife went into a home and never sorted the house out, amazed too that it hadn't been stripped out and looted or vandalised.

Tim.

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Abandoned Mansion

Post by cj10jeeper » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:17 pm

ChrisC85 wrote:I saw that vid before.
It will be now with the internet video...
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Abandoned Mansion

Post by buzyg » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:09 pm

firebobby wrote:Wow, what a find. House up the road from us has been empty for about 6 years now. The son goes in most days and still keeps the garden looking OK. I have been after it for some years now, but he's not selling it yet. I wish I had the money to be able to sit on an empty 3 bed home all that time, I think it would have at least been rented by now :o
There is a house opposite my daughter down on the river. It's been empty several years. The owner has just hung on to it since his parents died, trying to get planning permission to build 4 houses in the grounds. So far the two oak trees and some rare frogs have thwarted his attempts. Hopefully he will get bored and move on, but I doubt it unfortunately. I suspect a similar fate may await the fine house in that video. Cheaper to knock down and rebuild that renovate. :cry:

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Abandoned Mansion

Post by TitanTim » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:00 pm

buzyg wrote:
firebobby wrote:Wow, what a find. House up the road from us has been empty for about 6 years now. The son goes in most days and still keeps the garden looking OK. I have been after it for some years now, but he's not selling it yet. I wish I had the money to be able to sit on an empty 3 bed home all that time, I think it would have at least been rented by now :o
There is a house opposite my daughter down on the river. It's been empty several years. The owner has just hung on to it since his parents died, trying to get planning permission to build 4 houses in the grounds. So far the two oak trees and some rare frogs have thwarted his attempts. Hopefully he will get bored and move on, but I doubt it unfortunately. I suspect a similar fate may await the fine house in that video. Cheaper to knock down and rebuild that renovate. :cry:
I think in the video they mentioned the house was up for Auction as there looked to be other people looking around it but I think you could be right, would be ripe for a developer to knock it down a build a couple of homes on the plot. They must have been hoarders as there was so much stuff in all the rooms and I guess they had no-one around to sort belongings out. I find these things really sad. A work colleague mentioned to me recently they had a friend whos son died suddenly in his 40s and he wasn't found until after 10 days in the house, people had just thought he had gone away. Nothing worse :(

Tim.

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Abandoned Mansion

Post by Nanu » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:24 pm

Reminds me of a book I read on holiday called Empty Mansions about an American recluse Huguette Clark who left a $300 million fortune dubbed the richest person nobody hadever heard of. It follows the story of a writer who came accross a mansion worth 10's millions that had been unoccupied for 60 years and although it had a full quota of staff nobody had seen the owner Huguette for over 40 years but everything was kept in order awaiting her return and all staff were fully paid. She inheirited from daddy who owned Copper mines and railroads and owned all the land tha Las Vegas was buit on. She also owned the biggest house in New York with 121 rooms (Now the family art gallery) The wealth was unbelievable.
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

Rusky

Abandoned Mansion

Post by Rusky » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:34 pm

couple of houses like that but on a smaller scale near me. its a shame when you see a house like that with all its past inside just falling to decay. :(
3.0l Silver SMG, whippy and ginge fringe/ Sound gen mod/ Media bridge fitted (bluetooth and audio streaming) / Clear third break light/ Hard Top/ Eibachs springs and DLV back box/ Roof motor in the boot/ plus lots more.