Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Rugby - World Rankings after the 6-Nations

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
David-H

Post by David-H » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:37 pm

Having a quick look at possible top 8 placing for the 2019 World Cup draw in May 2017.

As things stand, whatever the Scotland vs Italy result, Scotland will remain on 82.18 points. Also, for the 4 most likely outcomes in the Ireland vs England and France vs Wales matches I have assumed one team or another will win (no draws) and by less than 15 points.

Unless England and Wales both win, the the top 4 countries will be New Zealand, England, Australia & Ireland. If both England and Wales do win then Wales would move up to 4th and Ireland would drop to 5th in the rankings.

Whatever the outcomes, the same 8 countries are now assured of being in tier 1 and tier 2 of the draw as Argentina can't make the top 8 before the draw.
Attachments
Rugby World Ranking.jpg
Rugby World Ranking.jpg (28.64 KiB) Viewed 350 times
BMW Z4 3.0i auto ¦ Titanium Silver
107's : Drexler LSD
BMW M6 Gran Coupe ¦ Black Sapphire Metallic
DCT box with competition pack
Audi R8 4.2 Quattro¦ Grey metallic
6-speed manual :driving:

Number5
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Number5 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:14 pm

Good post DLH.

That means all sides can afford to throw a few kids in and chuck the ball about then... :thumbsup:
Alpina Roadster #307
Porsche Boxster GTS
Previous Zs
Stratus E86
G29 30i
1x Imola Z4MR
Alpina #019
10x E85 Se/Si Roadsters
2x E89's
Roof Motor Relocations (Bristol)

David-H

Post by David-H » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:37 pm

Number5 wrote:Good post DLH.

That means all sides can afford to throw a few kids in and chuck the ball about then... :thumbsup:
They could but won't because:
  • England want to win back to back Grand Slam Titles and set a new WR for consecutive wins;
    Ireland want to be sure that they definitely stay in the top four and not have to rely on France winning;
    France will be desperate to win at home and to end the 6-Nations campaign well;
    Wales have only granted 3 new caps since the World Cup and Howley is very conservative with his squad selection.
So, I reckon no kids chucking it about but should be two very tight and exciting matches, not to mention the Scots wanting to recover some respectability after last week's thrashing!
BMW Z4 3.0i auto ¦ Titanium Silver
107's : Drexler LSD
BMW M6 Gran Coupe ¦ Black Sapphire Metallic
DCT box with competition pack
Audi R8 4.2 Quattro¦ Grey metallic
6-speed manual :driving: