Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Scottish Referendum

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
maxman

Scottish Referendum

Post by maxman » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:27 pm

I am sick and tired with N Sturgeon ,every time she can't get her way she threatens a referendum to leave the U.K. causing tension in communities .
I think T May should tell her to abide by the one we have just had and stop acting like a spoilt child. :headbang:
Last edited by maxman on Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

MefiEcosse

Scotish Referendum

Post by MefiEcosse » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:34 pm

maxman wrote:I am sick and tired with N Sturgeon ,every time she can't get her way she threatens a referendum to leave the U.K. causing tension in communities .
I think T May should tell her to abide by the one we have just had and stop acting like a spoilt child. :headbang:
Why do you think that?
Alpina Roaster S Lux #310 - Titanium Silver
E85 2.5i Titanium Silver 2003 - Sold Feb 2018

maxman

Scotish Referendum

Post by maxman » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:50 pm

MefiEcosse wrote:
maxman wrote:I am sick and tired with N Sturgeon ,every time she can't get her way she threatens a referendum to leave the U.K. causing tension in communities .
Why do you think that?
The referendum was do we the UK as a whole stay or leave the EU .Their was no other option on the ballot form.
As Scotland is part of the UK reaffirmed by the referendum they had less than two years prior.We voted to leave .
No more explanation needed.

LordOxygen

Scotish Referendum

Post by LordOxygen » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:52 pm

Considering the UK (and Stirling) will no longer be in the EU it seems on face value Scotland would have to accept the EURO in the medium term if they voted for Independence. I wish them the very best of luck if that turns out to be reality.

Swiftly
Lifer
Lifer

Scotish Referendum

Post by Swiftly » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:53 pm

maxman wrote:
MefiEcosse wrote:
Why do you think that?
The referendum was do we the UK as a whole stay or leave the EU .Their was no other option on the ballot form.
As Scotland is part of the UK reaffirmed by the referendum they had less than two years prior.We voted to leave .
Nuff said :D :thumbsup:
Replacement, G29 Z4 M40i Lci in Alpine White :wub:
Gone G29 Z4 M40i in San Francisco Red
Gone F22 M240i auto coupe in Estoril Blue
Gone 2007 E85 3.0si Sport in Silver Grey,

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Scotish Referendum

Post by craig3.2 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:05 am

maxman wrote:
MefiEcosse wrote:
Why do you think that?

I agree,she is unable to accept that Scotland voted to Stay in the U.k
Then the U.K voted to Leave the E.U.......
Accept it and move on,as the Brexit lot should do,and should have kicked things off months ago.
Politicians eh,lol.
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

KERMIT1970

Scotish Referendum

Post by KERMIT1970 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:11 am

The angry wean !! No means No ! She's going to stir up so much hatred, Again :headbang:
Cars: 2016 M4 vert YMB & X3m Comp. E30 325i Sport. Z3M

Gone
: 2014 z4 35is melbourne red & black leather
: 335d M sport Coupe Black with red leather
: z4 Coupe 3.0 si Red with Black Leather 18" CSL`s
: z3 2.2 sport

Bing
Legend
Legend

Scotish Referendum

Post by Bing » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:13 am

I don't want to get into this again... my views remain the same as last time.

Can you please spell 'Scottish' correctly in the title though :P :)
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

Geezah

Scotish Referendum

Post by Geezah » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:16 am

When is a referendum not a referendum?

When the SNP decide to reject the wishes of the Scottish people who overwhelmingly want to remain part of the UK but choose to accept the wishes of the Scottish people who overwhelmingly want to remain in the EU.

Why not just keep having referendum after referendum creating a continuing uncertainty so that nobody invests in Scotland and we can just remain in perpetual limbo. The SNP have already proved they are not capable of governing Scotland because they don't do anything but harp on about Freedom from the Westminster yoke only to seek to be ruled by the yoke of Brussels.

For example, education in Scotland is quite frankly appalling by any standard, (Mrs Geezah is a secondary school teacher), The SNP has been (ir)responsible for the last 10 years for the catastrophic decline in education. This is the future of Scotland, not independence. My wife's school cannot even afford the ink required to print off lesson packs etc, she hasn't had a pay rise for 8 years, but we can afford to have another independence referendum just 4 years after the 'once in a lifetime' one we have just had.

The SNP and their one trick pony politicking need to go, the sooner the better so Scotland can move onwards and upwards.
2008 Z4 2.0i SE E85, Space Grey, 18" 241 staggered rims, 255/35/18, 225/40/18, 2 tone anthracite/silverstone leather Msport heated seats, M sport MFC Steering wheel, Bluetooth, Comfort pack, Tracker, Automatic climate control, Gaptech, Blah, blah.

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Scotish Referendum

Post by craig3.2 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:33 am

Geezah wrote:When is a referendum not a referendum?

When the SNP decide to reject the wishes of the Scottish people who overwhelmingly want to remain part of the UK but choose to accept the wishes of the Scottish people who overwhelmingly want to remain in the EU.

Why not just keep having referendum after referendum creating a continuing uncertainty so that nobody invests in Scotland and we can just remain in perpetual limbo. The SNP have already proved they are not capable of governing Scotland because they don't do anything but harp on about Freedom from the Westminster yoke only to seek to be ruled by the yoke of Brussels.

For example, education in Scotland is quite frankly appalling by any standard, (Mrs Geezah is a secondary school teacher), The SNP has been (ir)responsible for the last 10 years for the catastrophic decline in education. This is the future of Scotland, not independence. My wife's school cannot even afford the ink required to print off lesson packs etc, she hasn't had a pay rise for 8 years, but we can afford to have another independence referendum just 4 years after the 'once in a lifetime' one we have just had.

The SNP and their one trick pony politicking need to go, the sooner the better so Scotland can move onwards and upwards.
I agree,Alan.
I have in the past voted for them,but not recently,as they have spent money even less wisely than Westminster,and the NHS, Schools etc in Scotland are doing worse under SNP government than previous government s did.

Geezah

Scotish Referendum

Post by Geezah » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:39 am

Me too Craig, I'm an ex SNP supporter!
2008 Z4 2.0i SE E85, Space Grey, 18" 241 staggered rims, 255/35/18, 225/40/18, 2 tone anthracite/silverstone leather Msport heated seats, M sport MFC Steering wheel, Bluetooth, Comfort pack, Tracker, Automatic climate control, Gaptech, Blah, blah.

MefiEcosse

Scotish Referendum

Post by MefiEcosse » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:53 am

So many flawed comments on here already, I'm just going to leave you all to it folks, good night! :thumbsup:
Alpina Roaster S Lux #310 - Titanium Silver
E85 2.5i Titanium Silver 2003 - Sold Feb 2018

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Scotish Referendum

Post by craig3.2 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:58 am

Hey,Rich....Politics and Religion always divide opinion.
Thankfully it's something that isn't at the forefront of things on here.

Glad that it doesn't affect all our love of cars... And other common interests/topics of discussion :thumbsup:

Darren Slone
Lifer
Lifer

Scotish Referendum

Post by Darren Slone » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:22 am

Nicola Sturgeon is touring Perthshire, in the First Minister’s chauffeur driven car.
Suddenly a cow jumps out into the road.

They hit it full on and the car comes to a stop.

Nicola in her usual jaunty manner, says to the chauffeur : " You get out and check - you were driving."

The chauffeur gets out, checks and reports that the animal is dead.

" You were driving, go and tell the farmer," says Nicola, ”I can’t afford to be blamed for anything.”

The chauffeur walks up the drive to the farmhouse and returns five hours later totally plastered, his hair ruffled and with a big grin on his face.

" My God, what happened to you ?" asks Nicola.

The chauffeur replies : " When I got there, the farmer opened his best bottle of malt whisky, the wife gave me a slap up meal and the daughter made love to me."

" What on earth did you say?" asks Nicola.

" I knocked on the door and when it was answered, I said to them, I'm Nicola Sturgeon’s chauffeur and I've just killed the cow!!.. :lol:

Current Porsche Cayman S 987.1

Now sold - Imola Z4MC

Now sold - Silver Grey Z4MC
OEM CSL’s, Supersprint, Gruppe M, Eibachs, Carbon Roof, carbon rear spoiler,,

Now sold - My other Z
‘71 Datsun 240Z imported from West Coast USA

jakblade

Scotish Referendum

Post by jakblade » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:29 am

Liking this....
FB_IMG_1489476491168.jpg
FB_IMG_1489476491168.jpg (38.23 KiB) Viewed 848 times
2004 2.5,clear fronts,sides,rears,stubby.Self quad conv+rear bumper, Aero's,108's,spacers, cruise, mfsw, 3.0l brake conv,m-tec discs.Modded Z4M bumper