Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Scottish Referendum

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
buzyg
Legend
Legend

Scottish Referendum

Post by buzyg » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:38 pm

As soon as the Scottish referendum vote was cast. Sturgeon and the SNP no longer had a mandate to push Scottish independence. As a on looker I simply don't get why she is allowed to carry on flogging this particular horse into the ground. :?

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

Scottish Referendum

Post by markeg » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:34 pm

I just wonder who would be allowed to vote in indyref2... last time around no Scots living in England were allowed an opinion.
previous: Alpina Roadster S, #108: gone
current: MB C-class
"veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around..."

gemeit

Scottish Referendum

Post by gemeit » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:05 pm

buzyg wrote:As soon as the Scottish referendum vote was cast. Sturgeon and the SNP no longer had a mandate to push Scottish independence. As a on looker I simply don't get why she is allowed to carry on flogging this particular horse into the ground. :?
Actually the SNP won the election with a referendum in their manifesto and along with the greens they will have a overall majority in the Scottish Parliament. It is a bit like flogging a dead horse but this was inevitable from both parties in the event of Brexit. As when the previous referendum was being carried out the main Westminster players told the Scottish people that if they wanted to stay in Europe then the only way to stay in Europe was to vote no and stay in the UK.

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Scottish Referendum

Post by Nictrix » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:56 am

Zeld4 wrote:
Nictrix wrote:
Zeld4 wrote: I know Jocks winge most of the time
You do know that there are a lot of Scottish people on this forum don't you?
Or do you not care?
Oops sorry, I didn't mean winge I meant whinge :D
Funny c**t eh?
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Zeld4

Scottish Referendum

Post by Zeld4 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:42 am

Nictrix wrote:
Zeld4 wrote:
Nictrix wrote: You do know that there are a lot of Scottish people on this forum don't you?
Or do you not care?
Oops sorry, I didn't mean winge I meant whinge :D
Funny c**t eh?
I love winding up the skirt wearing battered Mars bar eaters :poke:

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Scottish Referendum

Post by Nictrix » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:45 am

Zeld4 wrote:
Nictrix wrote:
Zeld4 wrote: Oops sorry, I didn't mean winge I meant whinge :D
Funny c**t eh?
And people like yourself wondered why 45% of Scottish people wanted to break away.......

Zeld4

Scottish Referendum

Post by Zeld4 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:32 pm

Nictrix wrote:
Zeld4 wrote:
Nictrix wrote: Funny c**t eh?
And people like yourself wondered why 45% of Scottish people wanted to break away.......

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

Scottish Referendum

Post by markeg » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:23 pm

IMG_1099.JPG
IMG_1099.JPG (104.5 KiB) Viewed 666 times
previous: Alpina Roadster S, #108: gone
current: MB C-class
"veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around..."

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Scottish Referendum

Post by Ewazix » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:05 pm

Billy Connolly may have had a point last time around when he said that given a chance "The English would surely vote for Scottish independence".

Maybe Nicky Cranky should try wooing the English and fighting for the rest of the UK public to have a vote? :wink:
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

Geezah

Scottish Referendum

Post by Geezah » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:37 am

We are entitled to another independence referendum in Scotland due to the material change of Brexit, that is pretty Material by any standards. Even though we in Scotland, and by that I mean the majority, do not want another independence referendum.

However, Not now. We don't even know what Brexit will bring, how can you make an informed decision without having the information?
The Elephant in the room is the economy. You never hear the SNP go on about how big trade is between Scotland and the UK, it is bigger than that with the USA, pretty important huh? All you ever get from Sturgeon is negativity, they continually shy away from the big issues, Education, Health and the Economy, did I mention Security? They need to start governing the country for a start, isn't that what governments are supposed to do?

Like it or not we are a Union and we all need to focus on the major, immediate issue affecting us all, Brexit .
2008 Z4 2.0i SE E85, Space Grey, 18" 241 staggered rims, 255/35/18, 225/40/18, 2 tone anthracite/silverstone leather Msport heated seats, M sport MFC Steering wheel, Bluetooth, Comfort pack, Tracker, Automatic climate control, Gaptech, Blah, blah.

Chuffer

Scottish Referendum

Post by Chuffer » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:50 pm

Does anyone seriously think that Scotland would contribute anything to the EU if it joined? No it would be another lame duck country with it's hand out like so many others. Do the Grand Masters in Brussels need that? Scotland on it's own wouldn't get into the EU especially as NS says she wants to keep the £. Ha Ha :rofl: :rofl:

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Scottish Referendum

Post by Nictrix » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:58 pm

Chuffer wrote:Does anyone seriously think that Scotland would contribute anything to the EU if it joined? No it would be another lame duck country with it's hand out like so many others. Do the Grand Masters in Brussels need that? Scotland on it's own wouldn't get into the EU especially as NS says she wants to keep the £. Ha Ha :rofl: :rofl:
There seems to be a lot of negative comments towards Scotland with nothing bad going the other way.
If this is an indication of what the rest of the UK thinks of Scotland (lame duck with its hand out) why would the UK not be happy to see the back of Scotland?
Do you think that the UK contributes a lot to the EU?
If so why do you think Scotland would contribute any less?

gemeit

Scottish Referendum

Post by gemeit » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:33 pm

Chuffer wrote:Does anyone seriously think that Scotland would contribute anything to the EU if it joined? No it would be another lame duck country with it's hand out like so many others. Do the Grand Masters in Brussels need that? Scotland on it's own wouldn't get into the EU especially as NS says she wants to keep the £. Ha Ha :rofl: :rofl:
I take it this is a joke if not you are vey much ill informed I believe that Scotland would contribue without issue to the EU and the rest of the world as it does already. Just take a look at what has been invented by the Scots or even how many of American presidents had scottish ancestry 33 out of the 43 I believe. I also have no doubt whats so ever that if Scotland did not pull its weight Westminster would have given them their independance way back in the 70's when I can remember them asking for it in my lifetime. Through out history Westminster has frequently close various forms of industry in Scotland, even though it was more profitable / productive than the English counterpart. So one would image they would quickly do the same if Scotland was of no benefit.

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Scottish Referendum

Post by craig3.2 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:39 pm

Geezah wrote:We are entitled to another independence referendum in Scotland due to the material change of Brexit, that is pretty Material by any standards. Even though we in Scotland, and by that I mean the majority, do not want another independence referendum.

However, Not now. We don't even know what Brexit will bring, how can you make an informed decision without having the information?
The Elephant in the room is the economy. You never hear the SNP go on about how big trade is between Scotland and the UK, it is bigger than that with the USA, pretty important huh? All you ever get from Sturgeon is negativity, they continually shy away from the big issues, Education, Health and the Economy, did I mention Security? They need to start governing the country for a start, isn't that what governments are supposed to do?

Like it or not we are a Union and we all need to focus on the major, immediate issue affecting us all, Brexit .
Very true,Snp policies are worrying at best.....No good plans for Currency,Defence,etc etc just like the last Referendum!

I wish they would just leave it alone,it just causes ill feeling and arguments amongst people :headbang:
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)