Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Ogden discount rate - Insurance Premiums

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Carmad84

Post by Carmad84 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:37 pm

Has anyone seen in the news regarding the Ogden discount rate?

This is going to impact our insurance's for our vehicles.

I'd be interested to know what the Scheme has to say about it, I know that most insurers are passing on around 8-10% to the customer.

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mmm-five » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:23 pm

It's been all over the papers/news for the last few weeks.

FT

Telegraph

BBC

I didn't notice any impact to my insurance, but it always stays about the same for me as I shop around every year.

It's not just car insurance premiums that will rise though, it will affect anyone who has a policy that includes public liability or personal injury.
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

Carmad84

Post by Carmad84 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:30 pm

That is the best way, if you shop around every year you can make either savings or at least keep your premiums the same. Each insurer will have a different appetite and this is likely to change within 12 months. So you can often find a different insurer who is keen on the risk.

Working as a broker I have been talking to the insurers in the last week discussing their strategy and all are having to pass on some of the cost. That said small individual car insurance can avoid the increase by shopping around, it may be a pain but well worth the saving.

I feel for the companies with large fleet insurance as this will hit them a lot harder.