Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

help with design of car port

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
gov

Post by gov » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:20 am

Dav the wheel nut wrote:I recently had a bespoke built oak carport built in front of my single garage.

Now that is a possibility - would look okay at the side with matching roof tiles - can I ask where you got it done - local or national - cost approx. ?

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

Post by tomscott » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:34 am

Dav the wheel nut wrote:I recently had a bespoke built oak carport built in front of my single garage.
Wow that is really a work of art. Gorgeous house :thumbsup:

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:51 am

That does look good, fits in with the flavour of the house nicely :thumbsup:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

lordgrover

Post by lordgrover » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:11 pm

enzed4 wrote:Do you have any regulations on how close to the boundary line (hedge) that you can build? You might find there's a minimum distance (e.g. 50cm/1mtr etc) that you can build to. Those pics don't look like there's much room.
Does it have to be down that gap? Could you put a car port in front of the garage instead? This is what I put up in front of my garage - love it:
It's a US based company so I'm sure there would be UK distributors. Keeps the frost/hail/snow and most of the rain off, but lets light in.
https://www.tradetested.co.nz/palram-ca ... -5000.html
https://www.greenhousestores.co.uk/Palr ... arport.htm

Dav the wheel nut
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Dav the wheel nut » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:54 pm

It was made locally by a man called Adrian Twig who is based in Somerset. HERE is a link to his web site.
He is young man who is very particular about his work. He hand made it in his workshop and actually put it together in there so he knew it would fit perfectly before erecting it on site. The roof was linked into the original garage roof with no join so it looks as though it has always been there.

Rusky

Post by Rusky » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:40 pm

Dav the wheel nut wrote:It was made locally by a man called Adrian Twig who is based in Somerset. HERE is a link to his web site.
He is young man who is very particular about his work. He hand made it in his workshop and actually put it together in there so he knew it would fit perfectly before erecting it on site. The roof was linked into the original garage roof with no join so it looks as though it hhttp://www.z4-forum.com/forum/index.phpas always been there.
Good to see skills like that still going strong. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
3.0l Silver SMG, whippy and ginge fringe/ Sound gen mod/ Media bridge fitted (bluetooth and audio streaming) / Clear third break light/ Hard Top/ Eibachs springs and DLV back box/ Roof motor in the boot/ plus lots more.