Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Gumball Rally

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Simon Blythe

Gumball Rally

Post by Simon Blythe » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:48 pm

Has anyone taken part in it?

Joycey

Gumball Rally

Post by Joycey » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:55 pm

Do you know much about it?

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Gumball Rally

Post by Chris_D » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:25 pm

it's for toffs and tossers imo.
saw them a couple of times coming through holland and one time a bunch of them including that obnoxious tw@t Bam Marghela or whatever his name is had set fire to someones jacket on a petrol station forecourt on the A12, you know, coz theyre whacky crazy people who just want to have fun right? :| they scarpered before the cops arrived sadly.
I think it started out with a good-ish premise, rallying to wherever in sorted cars, obviously with a nod back to the 70's film but now everytime i see it on telly it seems like its full of twonks with too much money, no imagination and too much free fekin time on their hands.
hahha rant over.
:lol:
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

Paulwirral

Gumball Rally

Post by Paulwirral » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:55 pm

Chris_D wrote:it's for toffs and tossers imo.
saw them a couple of times coming through holland and one time a bunch of them including that obnoxious tw@t Bam Marghela or whatever his name is had set fire to someones jacket on a petrol station forecourt on the A12, you know, coz theyre whacky crazy people who just want to have fun right? :| they scarpered before the cops arrived sadly.
I think it started out with a good-ish premise, rallying to wherever in sorted cars, obviously with a nod back to the 70's film but now everytime i see it on telly it seems like its full of twonks with too much money, no imagination and too much free fekin time on their hands.
hahha rant over.
:lol:
This ^^^
I saw a rally of some sort on my way from San Sebastián to Biarritz one year , thankfully they were coming into Spain as I was leaving , they were a bunch of hoorays . The Spanish police were waiting for them at the last toll booth in France and funneling them off to one side for checks , heavily armed serious faced Spanish police :cry:

Buckz

Gumball Rally

Post by Buckz » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:06 pm

buncha rich knobs driving their super cars covered in stickers that's about it ;)

isn't it 35k/each to enter? :D something silly.

modball is more like it imo.

Simon Blythe

Gumball Rally

Post by Simon Blythe » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:35 pm

55k!! :o

Just asking as my boss is holding events for M cars with a mind to this staging / departing from here a few years down the line.
After all the comments it may be wise to steer clear or a t least be fully aware of what to expect.

Joycey

Gumball Rally

Post by Joycey » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:44 pm

Buckz wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:06 pm buncha rich knobs driving their super cars covered in stickers that's about it ;)

isn't it 35k/each to enter? :D something silly.

modball is more like it imo.
There's lots of other rally's like it: Gentlemen Jolly, Scotland 500, Jackrabbit rally, Mod ball rally. these are all affordable. :driving:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Gumball Rally

Post by buzyg » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:52 pm

There are a couple of Cars snickered up and ready for this years even, down at our local tyre shop. I was talking to one of the drivers yesterday, while having some tyres fitted to my DD. She was about 60, nice lady and has done several. Certainly no Toff, so don't tar all with the same brush. Lovely Supra's too. I'll pop down and get a photo if they're still there. :)

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Gumball Rally

Post by buzyg » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:03 pm

There are a couple of Cars snickered up and ready for this years even, down by our local tyre shop. I was talking to one of the drivers yesterday, while having some tyres fitted to my DD. She was about 60, nice lady and has done several. Certainly no Toff, so don't tar all with the same brush. Lovely Supra's too. I'll pop down and get a photo if they're still there. :)

Edit: Alas looks like they have both been picked up so no photo's. :(

AlfaScozzesi

Gumball Rally

Post by AlfaScozzesi » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:12 pm

Have a friend who has done rust to Rome and another to Romania where you get £500 to buy a car and then can spend a bit more to get it passed an MOT. ( so they buy a powerful motor with faults which gets the purchase price down and then they "fix" it).

The rally costs approx £2000 each plus car for two inclusive of fuel, entry fees and accommodation.