Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

London...

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
buzyg
Legend
Legend

London...

Post by buzyg » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:06 am

Geezah wrote:
elevensies wrote:
pvr wrote:I am sure they can trace this back. As always, there is a Muslim convert involved. Find the mosque involved, find everyone involved there and roll it up. I can't comment on what the security forces do as I have no idea, but I would like to think that they are not tied by good-doers and can get on with the job.

unfortunately, yes :thumbsdown:

Trude dat! :thumbsdown:

Look at the amount of do-gooders getting their knickers in a twist because the RAF were using drones to take out these nut jobs.
Hell! Use whatever means are at your disposal I would say. These do-gooders live in a parallel universe to normal thinking people.

Experienced this 'Pink and Fluffy' attitude in Starbucks only this week. Woman sitting next to me finishes her coffee and leaves, leaving her bag behind. Me thinking she was away to the cludgie ignored it but after some time, her table was cleared and her bag was still there. I informed a member of staff who removed it.

The owner eventually came back looking all flustered as her bag was missing. I said, good humouredly, ' Good to see you back, you don't look like a terrorist anyway, the management have your bag.' She looked at me and in all seriousness said, ' You shouldn't think bad of everyone, there are good people in the world too you know.' as she flounced off. True, I didn't expect any thanks for being an observant, security conscious member of the public.

So.....by definition then, she acknowledges that there are also bad people in the world....but that we should do nothing about it?

I rest my case Petrocelli! :headbang:
May be, but PVR was talking about the security services not the general public or a bunch of bored Liberal councillors.

Personally, I have every confidence that the UK security services are amongst the most well trained, well informed and most effective in the world. We live in a free democracy not a police state, so of course they can't just go around locking every one up, or hounding every nut job. But when in comes to the sharp end they get it right most of the time.

Bearing in mind the huge personnel responsibility, one of the protection team at Westminster on Wednesday, shot to kill, when they needed to. They will have known the consequence of getting it wrong, but training & skill, allowed that individual to do what had to be done, within the rules, in those few split seconds. What followed within seconds was a calm well executed plan, coordinating all of London's emergency services, whilst the whole world looked on. Of course lessons will be learned but from what I observed the UK security and emergency services did a bloody fine job. :thumbsup:

Silverzedtom

London...

Post by Silverzedtom » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:24 am

Even the most high tech security systems available can't stop everything. MI5 etc work to a budget and are probably stretched beyond their limitations.

Even if they did stop this one they can't stop someone unknown to them and inspired by propaganda / f*cked up ideology doing similar or worse.

As horrible as it sounds, and my thoughts are with all of the victims and their families I am suprised that since 7/7 we haven't had another mass attack. I'm sure the many attacks have been foiled, some probably massive but the details never released.

We are all sheep and will never know what goes on behind closed doors, but I'm sure the secret services are doing their jobs well. We can't let them win, it's life as normal and more lessons learned in how to prevent / respond I'm afraid.
E85 2.5si
F55 Cooper S

elevensies

London...

Post by elevensies » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:36 am

buzyg wrote:
Geezah wrote:
elevensies wrote: [/u][/b]

Bearing in mind the huge personnel responsibility, one of the protection team at Westminster on Wednesday, shot to kill, when they needed to. They will have known the consequence of getting it wrong, but training & skill, allowed that individual to do what had to
but the press got it very very wrong

there are now facial pictures of armed police at the scene, these officers are part of SO teams, and now compromised...thank you free press

yes you could argue that anyone could take a photo of them walking the line, as they are on duty, at any given point...BUT

these pics were taken of the officers stood over a shot body, the terrorists now have a direct angle to point blame on the shootings.
support our paras
"Utrinque Paratus"
https://www.justgiving.com/paracharity

buzyg
Legend
Legend

London...

Post by buzyg » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:58 pm

elevensies wrote:
buzyg wrote:
Geezah wrote:

there are now facial pictures of armed police at the scene, these officers are part of SO teams, and now compromised...thank you free press

yes you could argue that anyone could take a photo of them walking the line, as they are on duty, at any given point...BUT

these pics were taken of the officers stood over a shot body, the terrorists now have a direct angle to point blame on the shootings.
The Press I could happily throttle at times like that. :headbang: Only interested in selfish money making far too much of the time. I was also not impressed with a few of the MP's giving information of their location within Westminster during the lock down. That's down to thoughtlessness though. Far too many members of the press are just greedy parasites at times. :thumbsdown:

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

London...

Post by Ewazix » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:33 pm

buzyg wrote:
elevensies wrote:
buzyg wrote:

The Press I could happily throttle at times like that. :headbang: Only interested in selfish money making far too much of the time. I was also not impressed with a few of the MP's giving information of their location within Westminster during the lock down. That's down to thoughtlessness though. Far too many members of the press are just greedy parasites at times. :thumbsdown:
To be fair the press all played ball when asked by the Police/security service not to publish the name of the murderer whilst they were in the middle of their operations, I'm sure there were arguments behind the scenes but they stuck to it as far as we know. As to publishing faces at the scene it's bad, but I'm afraid the public blasting images on Instant-t**t-Face-Agram in real time let that particular cat out of the bag, which is the test the media apply when considering what to publish, i.e is it already out there?
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

elevensies

London...

Post by elevensies » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:26 pm

yet they cover up and dont show the footballer breaking his leg playing footy....go figure :headbang:
support our paras
"Utrinque Paratus"
https://www.justgiving.com/paracharity