Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

London...

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
gannet
Lifer
Lifer

London...

Post by gannet » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:37 pm

as others shocking and depressing feeling tonight. Parents in law were in London for a day out tonight and weren't far away. Worrying moments until we heard from them.

I took one look at FB, and I'm with Mike....
-- Gannet.
Current: MINI JCW... - Modification: Driver Upgraded :D
Previous: DS3 DSport, Z4 3.0SE, 206 GTi & XS, Alfa 147 Lusso

FD3S

London...

Post by FD3S » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:24 pm

Very sad times for our world. Our thoughts is with you guys..

SpiketheBike

London...

Post by SpiketheBike » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:44 pm

Spare a thought for the police officer who shot him too. That can't be an easy thing to do.
2011 Z4 SDrive 23i Highline pack. White with Coral Red leather, 18" 293s with RFTs & Pirellis. LED interior lights. Cree 80W Angel Eyes. Stubby

rscob

London...

Post by rscob » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:35 pm

Should have shot him in the balls if he has got any then let him squirm about for a bit before double tapping the piece of sh*t in the head :thumbsdown:

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

London...

Post by Ducklakeview » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:51 pm

rscob wrote:Should have shot him in the balls if he has got any then let him squirm about for a bit before double tapping the piece of sh*t in the head :thumbsdown:
I believe three shots were fired...

Mike

Angelus666

London...

Post by Angelus666 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:57 pm

I'm struggling with some of this....so, apparently he was 'known' to MI5...so we must presume he's on their watch list, but yet he drive from Birmingham into the city of London (the most CCTV'd place on the planet)...come towards Parliament (surely that should have triggered alarms)...mow down some people, then approach parliament on foot, stab a police officer before he's finally dealt with.

Shouldn't he be pulled over once he enters London and questioned over why he is there??!

What the f**k are our intelligence agencies actually doing....??!

elevensies

London...

Post by elevensies » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:13 pm

TitanTim wrote:A tragedy for those caught up in it but surprised it's taken this long before something kicked off, looks like the police were onto it quick thank god.

Tim.
Tim, it hasnt this was just one they hadnt caught before it occurred, there's many 'incidents' that dont get published in press for obvious reasons, and i cant tell you more but there's many.

ironically to bolster above statement, how many people up until yesterdays news release knew about the laptop bombing on the airplane last year, none is my bet, until it affected people wanting to take laptops etc aboard...
goes to show you.
sad as it all is, we will never win this...ever
support our paras
"Utrinque Paratus"
https://www.justgiving.com/paracharity

elevensies

London...

Post by elevensies » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:20 pm

Angelus666 wrote:I'm struggling with some of this....so, apparently he was 'known' to MI5...so we must presume he's on their watch list, but yet he drive from Birmingham into the city of London (the most CCTV'd place on the planet)...come towards Parliament (surely that should have triggered alarms)...mow down some people, then approach parliament on foot, stab a police officer before he's finally dealt with.

Shouldn't he be pulled over once he enters London and questioned over why he is there??!

he was in a rented car...the car wouldnt have been picked up by any monitoring device as suspect, as every hertz etc car would get stopped, secondly he would have been known as part of a group, now thats it, unfortunately until you do an act of terror your ant classified as a terrorist, and in our democratic land you cant be arrested for being a member of something, again ironic but true.

had the terrorist done something prior to this he would have been picked up long ago. mi5, mi6, and AIS are on the ball with the 100+ terrorist groups known.
support our paras
"Utrinque Paratus"
https://www.justgiving.com/paracharity

maxman

London...

Post by maxman » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:32 pm

Angelus666 wrote:I'm struggling with some of this....so, apparently he was 'known' to MI5...so we must presume he's on their watch list, but yet he drive from Birmingham into the city of London (the most CCTV'd place on the planet)...come towards Parliament (surely that should have triggered alarms)...mow down some people, then approach parliament on foot, stab a police officer before he's finally dealt with.

They can't just pull people the moment they leave their home turf even though they are on a watch list as you would have the do gooders and such like saying they are being victimised .If their is any blame to be attached,it should be the scumbag and associates..
For their personal safety ,I think all police who are on guard duty should be armed.

Angelus666

London...

Post by Angelus666 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:54 pm

Facial recognition has come a long way, so he would have been picked up by a number of cameras driving into town.....and surely you can literally stop anyone who is on a MI5 watch list, especially when they are in London, next to parliament, in a rented car!

Stopping the people we don't know is the challenge, but surely we must do a better job with those we actually know about!

Geezah

London...

Post by Geezah » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:24 pm

Bring back the death penalty for treason, we are at war with extremist nutjobs, get rid of them for good. Anything else and we are just compounding future problems.
2008 Z4 2.0i SE E85, Space Grey, 18" 241 staggered rims, 255/35/18, 225/40/18, 2 tone anthracite/silverstone leather Msport heated seats, M sport MFC Steering wheel, Bluetooth, Comfort pack, Tracker, Automatic climate control, Gaptech, Blah, blah.

jabber
Lifer
Lifer

London...

Post by jabber » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:55 pm

What annoys me is members of the armed forces being hounded and imprisioned for killing these bastards
Z less again
14 E89 Z4 2.0 msport grey gone now
10 E89 Z4 3.0 Black auto now. Very sadly gone
Gone 04 E85 z4 3.0 Maldives blue smg

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

London...

Post by Ducklakeview » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:36 pm

jabber wrote:What annoys me is members of the armed forces being hounded and imprisioned for killing these bastards
:thumbsup:

Mike

David-H

London...

Post by David-H » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:42 pm

WAS is the key here, in that the last time he committed an offence was more than ten years ago and there are >3000 people on the watch list and they can't all be kept under surveillance 24/7! Surely, you don't believe that CCTV will identify someone like this when he's inside a hire car within a matter of minutes? FFS!
BMW Z4 3.0i auto ¦ Titanium Silver
107's : Drexler LSD
BMW M6 Gran Coupe ¦ Black Sapphire Metallic
DCT box with competition pack
Audi R8 4.2 Quattro¦ Grey metallic
6-speed manual :driving:

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

London...

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:45 pm

jabber wrote:What annoys me is members of the armed forces being hounded and imprisioned for killing these bastards
Hopefully not any more - I'm sure I read recently that the main driver behind that process (a lawyer IIRC) has been seriously discredited.

Shame there were 3 shots - I would rather the perpetrator had suffered a bit more.

Perhaps all police officers on duty at Westminster should be armed - I'd be in favour of that.

My thoughts are with all the innocent victims and their friends and families.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black