Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

another new vehicle bought

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
elevensies

Post by elevensies » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:50 am

iv bought a vw t4 800 special van, i have the intention of doing some soul searching and driving about looking like one of those smug vw van owners with all that hippy flowery gubbins hanging off it, :cry:

well thats a plan i guess.......im acutally thinking of doing a rat van with it, or something, i really dont know..
but what i do know insurance companies are arse!!!!!!!

spent a hour doing online search, good prices also rang chris knott, who couldnt compare with the other market (see how i did that )
so tried to buy the online one, couldnt, had to ring them, where a spotty kid in a shiney grey suit n brown shoes (i suspect he was wearing this as they all do) proceded to go through ALL my details AGAIN then said i shall check price now, i said no need its here, right on the online quote, he said ahh it may have changed WHAT??? and yes it had there was another 40 quid on top :headbang: :headbang: i need this checking said i ..again on hold

whilst on hold i re did quote online, and found lloyds bank were 2nd on list, i pressed proceed, and had paid for it, checked my policy, set up direct debt and all before spotty kid had come back off hold, so told autonet to stick it.

hmm sounds like a rant :rofl:

but i did but a vw t4
support our paras
"Utrinque Paratus"
https://www.justgiving.com/paracharity

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:59 am

Im starting to think that these are cunning tactics that online places like insurance companies are using to get extra cash out of you.
They give you a quote and then change it before you get the chance to actually buy the policy. And if you are on the phone with them its sometimes easier to just take the policy at the enhanced rate.
It happened last week when I was buying tyres, got a price, shopped about a bit more, went back to the lowest price a few hours later and it had gone up by £7 per tyre so I went elsewhere.
I was talking to someone about this and they said that they reckon that places can monitor if a product is being looked at and give a warning to the seller who can change the price before you buy. Could be a bit of a conspiracy theorist but you never know.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

elevensies

Post by elevensies » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:25 am

i agree, insurance is now a minefield, designed to baffle and get money

today i swapped motorbike insurance over from a classic suzuki i just sold to a classic gpz thats kicking about in the back of garage, i dont have intentions of using it, just i the amount i would loose cancelling it, compared to swapping, so i swapped for the sum of 26 pound, anyway

the lad on the phone said" how many seats does the bike have?''
seats? one, thats all they have, said me
no some have 2!!
bollox, even the split seats on sports bikes are only classed as one, so heres the issue, you say one seat (one seat one bum, if you get me) and your out with a pillion, and well
so you try claim, your insurance is nul n void as your carrying a pillion, but only have one seat!!
i know its a long shot, but this is the first time in 30 years iv been asked that question!
insurance is a scammers market im afraid :thumbsdown:
support our paras
"Utrinque Paratus"
https://www.justgiving.com/paracharity

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:25 am

They used to just ask if you were going to carry a pillion.
Is this a sneaky way of asking the same thing but getting a different answer and then as you say use it to get out of paying out.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)