Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

I'm back - Well almost..

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

I'm back - Well almost..

Post by Ducklakeview » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:01 pm

I hope I've been missed lol!

Spent a few days drugged up to the eyeballs on a morphine and antibiotic drip after a massive flare up of my diverticulitis..

I've had a couple of bouts before, but this was a killer, felt like someone was twisting a knife in my guts..

Anyway, the drugs are wearing off now lol, so suppose I'd better try and get some kip, before going to see the state of the shops tomorrow :(

Apols if I've not replied to PM's, the wife "removed" my phone and connection to the outside world as she reckons it's stress related, I told her the only thing that stresses me is her!

Tempted to go down and try setting up the car lift that arrived the other day, but she'll kill me!

Night night all, I'm off to pop some more pills!

Mike

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

I'm back - Well almost..

Post by Smartbear » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:06 pm

Ducklakeview wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:01 pm I hope I've been missed lol!

Spent a few days drugged up to the eyeballs on a morphine and antibiotic drip after a massive flare up of my diverticulitis..

I've had a couple of bouts before, but this was a killer, felt like someone was twisting a knife in my guts..

Anyway, the drugs are wearing off now lol, so suppose I'd better try and get some kip, before going to see the state of the shops tomorrow :(

Apols if I've not replied to PM's, the wife "removed" my phone and connection to the outside world as she reckons it's stress related, I told her the only thing that stresses me is her!

Tempted to go down and try setting up the car lift that arrived the other day, but she'll kill me!

Mike
That doesn't sound pleasant :( can they cure it?
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

I'm back - Well almost..

Post by Ducklakeview » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:21 pm

Smartbear wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:06 pm
Ducklakeview wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:01 pm I hope I've been missed lol!

Mike
That doesn't sound pleasant :( can they cure it?
Rob
Yes, by cutting out a section of my lower intestine, which I'm not keen on.

TBH, I manage it very well, lots of water and a high fibre diet keep it virtually 99% under control with no symptoms, but TBH, I ended up hospitalised last year at the same time, and about 5 years ago, again at the same time. These few weeks around from end of May are always stressful for us all, as it's when our Son Michael Francis was born back in 2007, and we lost him at the beginning of April. So, the wife is probably right, about it being stress related.

Mike

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

I'm back - Well almost..

Post by Chris_D » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:22 pm

Welcome back mike u morphine tart! Lol

I became a morphine junkie after contracting pericarditis. I had it on tap with oxygen cos of respiratory pain and fevers. Couldnt get a diagnosis and was moved to a different hosi and taken off all medication to get symptom clarity. Bastids! Lol
I'm alright now tho... I think. :lol:

I reckon you picked summat up while you were down in that there south..
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

pvr
Legend
Legend

I'm back - Well almost..

Post by pvr » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:22 pm

Sometimes it is operated on by removing part of the bowel, but not a nice option. Diet seems to be the only thing that can delay attacks from what I have seen with a friend of mine.
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

buzyg
Legend
Legend

I'm back - Well almost..

Post by buzyg » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:22 pm

Ouch! Got to listen to your body and take it easy some times. Not sure about listening to the Mrs though. :wink:

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

I'm back - Well almost..

Post by Chris_D » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:24 pm

Oof sorry to hear that. Makes me last post look a bit frivolous. Sorry lar.
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

I'm back - Well almost..

Post by Ducklakeview » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:25 pm

Chris_D wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:24 pm Oof sorry to hear that. Makes me last post look a bit frivolous. Sorry lar.
:D

Mike

dr_john
Lifer
Lifer

I'm back - Well almost..

Post by dr_john » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:32 pm

I had the op you are talking about (right hemicoloctomy i believe) but in my case it was due to bowel cancer so I didn't have much choice!

Obviously major surgery, I had a keyhole procedure and was back home in 2 days. I took a few weeks to get fully mobile again. Not too painful, more of a mental thing. They stitch the tubes back together again so there's no nasty bags to contend with.

That was 5 years ago and everything seems fine now, no lasting side effects.
Sapphire Black G29 2.0 MSport with Technology pack

bz4kev

I'm back - Well almost..

Post by bz4kev » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:53 pm

Really sorry to hear you were sick mike hope you get back on your feet soon probably taking on too much On.maybe a little down time in order get well soon mate :thumbsup:
2004 z4 30i auto Toledo blue stubby Areo front back sideskirts and rear spoiler M/// MFSW DLV exhaust mod mma tips vanos overhaul 108s refurbed ram air scoop E46 M3 heated seats clear rear lights M/// sport black grills

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

I'm back - Well almost..

Post by Ducklakeview » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:54 pm

dr_john wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:32 pm I had the op you are talking about (right hemicoloctomy i believe) but in my case it was due to bowel cancer so I didn't have much choice!

Obviously major surgery, I had a keyhole procedure and was back home in 2 days. I took a few weeks to get fully mobile again. Not too painful, more of a mental thing. They stitch the tubes back together again so there's no nasty bags to contend with.

That was 5 years ago and everything seems fine now, no lasting side effects.
I was under the impression I'd have to have an op to remove the offending section, then wear a bag for a few weeks whilst it healed and then another op to join it all back up again?

Mike

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

I'm back - Well almost..

Post by Marlon » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:10 pm

Sounds like you've been through the mangle in more ways than one Mike. I hope your suffering eases and you can return to your passions soon.
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

pvr
Legend
Legend

I'm back - Well almost..

Post by pvr » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:21 pm

I think it was the DJI that triggered it. £50 and I will take it off your hand 8)
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

I'm back - Well almost..

Post by john-e89 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:29 pm

Hope you recover soon Mike. :thumbsup:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

I'm back - Well almost..

Post by MACK » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:38 pm

That doesn't sound good Mike, good job you got your "world tour!" :P done before it flaired up. But seriously I hope you feel better soon and sorry to hear about your son, can't imagine how that must feel.
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)