Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

What a Wankel

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
SeanConnor

What a Wankel

Post by SeanConnor » Sun May 14, 2017 6:34 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjYDo5Bj3AY

Mr Johnny Herbert, probably the most under-rated GP driver of his time. Having your feet almost wiped off would spoil the plans of most of us. Here he is re-united with the mighty Mazda 787b .Shivers down the spine. One of the best sounding cars ever .
2008 Sport Coupe Automatic with lots of extras.

Now with cruise control and Mediabridge :driving: Gold wheels HAVE BEEN SACKED.

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

What a Wankel

Post by markeg » Sun May 14, 2017 6:42 pm

Love that sound, proper racing engine noise, that :thumbsup:
previous: Alpina Roadster S, #108: gone
current: MB C-class
"veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around..."

DMC63

What a Wankel

Post by DMC63 » Sun May 14, 2017 7:17 pm

Seriously good telly that! What a sound. My back box delete isn't quite as loud :D
BMW Z4 2003 2.5i and lots of bits and pieces - 2016 - 2020 Sold

patriot66
Lifer
Lifer

What a Wankel

Post by patriot66 » Sun May 14, 2017 8:55 pm

I was at Le Mans 24hr in '91 when Herbert won. I remember going back to our tent in the campsite which used to be on the outside of the Ford Chicane with my mates for 'refreshments'. We sat and listened to the Mazda 787Bs which were clearly discernible over every other car...so loud ! You could hear every gear change around the whole 8.5 mile lap. After a while we could work out where the cars were on the circuit and were calling out each corner until they blasted past us and into the Ford Chicane again. I've never heard any car like that since. Incredible ! :o
Sterling Grey '03 2.5i SE / Infinitas Supercharger / S.M.G / Hardtop / Gloss Black 162s / Bilstein B4s / 3.0i Brakes / DLV De-Cat & Silencer / Rebuilt VANOS / Sonar 2Xcite Lights / Carbon & Alcantara Trim / M-Sport Seats / ...& Side Covers !