Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Anyone used Chrono24 ?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Anyone used Chrono24 ?

Post by TitanTim » Mon May 22, 2017 8:35 pm

Hi all,

Just wandered if anyone has bought a watch through Chrono24? I placed an order today from a Trusted Seller in France. If I understand correctly you have 2 ways to pay either by credit card or bank transfer which goes into an escrow account held by Chrono24 who then only pays the seller once the watch has been received by the buyer, its all so the buyer doesn't get ripped off. I paid by credit card as don't like Bank Transfers for obvious reasons when its another country, and received a payment confirmation e-mail from Chrono24 so thought that was it transaction completed. I then received 3 e-mails from the sellers shop all in French :? but using an online translator was effectively asking to make a bank transfer using the banking details they e-mailed. I contacted the seller via Chrono24 to say I had paid by credit card but received a rather uninspiring reply saying "Hello for now we received the order to send the watch. I guess it is ok ! Best regard" So I'm guessing from that they are happy and will post the watch out :? Feel slightly in the dark as the seller hasn't really confirmed they are happy payment has been made.

Thanks,

Tim.

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Anyone used Chrono24 ?

Post by mr.tourette » Mon May 22, 2017 9:12 pm

yes I have bought just the one watch on there...all was well tbh, very straight forward but although the seller was Spanish he spoke good enough English...pretty sure you are safe because as mentioned they dont get paid until you recieve the watch :thumbsup:
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Anyone used Chrono24 ?

Post by TitanTim » Mon May 22, 2017 9:22 pm

mr.tourette wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 9:12 pm yes I have bought just the one watch on there...all was well tbh, very straight forward but although the seller was Spanish he spoke good enough English...pretty sure you are safe because as mentioned they dont get paid until you recieve the watch :thumbsup:
Thanks for the reply, I've just re-read the payment confirmation received from Chrono24 which confirms they have informed the dealer to send the watch out, I didn't see it at first :oops: I think receiving 3 e-mails from the dealer giving me the banking details for payment was slightly confusing but I think all is good. As you said should be safe as the dealer is a trusted seller.

Tim.

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Anyone used Chrono24 ?

Post by enzed4 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:21 am

Was that the monoposto watch Tim?
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Anyone used Chrono24 ?

Post by TitanTim » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:28 am

enzed4 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:21 am Was that the monoposto watch Tim?
Hi, yes it was the Monoposta :) Was overall pleased buying through Chrono24. It took 6 days for the watch to arrive. There were a few minor issues like paying by credit card and then receiving 3 requests from the seller to make a bank transfer payment so a little confusion ensued especially as the e-mails from the seller were in French, a little annoying as the seller gave the option to pay by credit card. Chrono24 do keep you up to date themselves and confirmed I had paid for the watch etc. and had instructed the seller to send it out. The only other slight thing was the seller had given me a French postal tracking number but as soon as it left the country I lost track of the parcel for 4 days and had no idea where it was and when it would arrive which was slightly unnerving as the item wasn’t exactly cheap. It arrived by DPD in the end so all good. I may buy through Chrono24 in the future but I don’t think I would risk anywhere outside of Europe due to uncertain postal tracking.

Tim.

Anyone used Chrono24 ?

Post by sticky » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:38 am

Chrono24 is one of the best, even before they had the escrow service I had a "miss" from a french dealer who I made a bank transfer to. No watch but Chrono24 intervention made sure the payment came back to me. Then again they are German :D :D

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Anyone used Chrono24 ?

Post by TitanTim » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:18 pm

sticky wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:38 am Chrono24 is one of the best, even before they had the escrow service I had a "miss" from a french dealer who I made a bank transfer to. No watch but Chrono24 intervention made sure the payment came back to me. Then again they are German :D :D
That's good to know and why I purchased through the site, I thought it safer to pay by credit card as didn't feel comfortable doing a bank transfer and potentially not receiving the goods.

Tim.

Anyone used Chrono24 ?

Post by sticky » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:48 pm

TitanTim wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:18 pm
sticky wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:38 am Chrono24 is one of the best, even before they had the escrow service I had a "miss" from a french dealer who I made a bank transfer to. No watch but Chrono24 intervention made sure the payment came back to me. Then again they are German :D :D
That's good to know and why I purchased through the site, I thought it safer to pay by credit card as didn't feel comfortable doing a bank transfer and potentially not receiving the goods.

Tim.
exact problem I had, but all taken care off, no noise no fuss 3 days later pennies back in my account