Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Road rage incident has left me questioning zed ownership... :/

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Wed May 24, 2017 8:59 am

Not that this should have happened in the first place but do you have a UK plate on your car and maybe that is what upset the other driver?
Other thing is you should be embarrassed that the learner driver pulled away and gapped you from the lights :lol:

Mack, something you said about being a witness and your address not being read out in court, has this changed over the years as I was a witness in court years ago and the first questions I was asked was to confirm my name and address.

From that day I swore I would never be a witness for anything again, not worth the possible hassle.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

LordOxygen

Post by LordOxygen » Wed May 24, 2017 9:08 am

MACK wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 8:49 am Good on you Chris, dont let the b@stards beat you down!
I haven't experienced anyone on the road treating me differently since I got the zed, but I have noticed this in the past. When I look out the window at the zed I see a circa £5k nice car. But one of my neighbours, says nothing but hello when I've had a variety of £50-60k+ (on demo) through work outside the house, 2 seater vert and its "oh that's nice, can you leave that on my drive!" Does make me chuckle when its probably worth less than his Focus, folks perceptions of cars can be very strange!
Since owning my 14 yr old e85 I've experienced this myself.
My neighbour (who I chat with occasionally on a Sunday morning) saw my car and came over saying how great it was and how he'd like one but would never be able run to a sports car like that. Same reaction from my other half's best friend. I asked them both to guess what it cost, they both said £10K+ the bemused look when I said less than half that was priceless. :D

As for the problems in the first post, forget about it as best you can and move on, in a few days it will be history. Just some angry sod out to spoil your day, odds are you'll never see the car again. I doubt very much your specific car was the trigger, more a case of wrong time wrong place.

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Wed May 24, 2017 9:54 am

LordOxygen wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 9:08 am
MACK wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 8:49 am Good on you Chris, dont let the b@stards beat you down!
I haven't experienced anyone on the road treating me differently since I got the zed, but I have noticed this in the past. When I look out the window at the zed I see a circa £5k nice car. But one of my neighbours, says nothing but hello when I've had a variety of £50-60k+ (on demo) through work outside the house, 2 seater vert and its "oh that's nice, can you leave that on my drive!" Does make me chuckle when its probably worth less than his Focus, folks perceptions of cars can be very strange!
Since owning my 14 yr old e85 I've experienced this myself.
My neighbour (who I chat with occasionally on a Sunday morning) saw my car and came over saying how great it was and how he'd like one but would never be able run to a sports car like that. Same reaction from my other half's best friend. I asked them both to guess what it cost, they both said £10K+ the bemused look when I said less than half that was priceless. :D

As for the problems in the first post, forget about it as best you can and move on, in a few days it will be history. Just some angry sod out to spoil your day, odds are you'll never see the car again. I doubt very much your specific car was the trigger, more a case of wrong time wrong place.
Just to pick up on other peoples perception of our Zeds - I've lost count of the number of times people have stopped to chat about mine when I'm out washing/polishing it in front of the house, or when we are at a petrol station or parking up - not to mention the head turning when we are out and about.
We have a couple of friends we meet up with 2 or 3 times a year, he knows nowt about cars but noticed mine - he knows I bought it in summer of 2015 and asked how much I paid for it. So I asked him to guess. He said 35k :lol: I told him that's about what it cost brand new 9 years ago :D
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Wed May 24, 2017 4:06 pm

I wouldn't report it. Doubtful you will ever come across this DH again. Far less hassle to let it go. You have no hard evidence. You will just be extending the incident. It's the selfish, but sensible thing to do IMHO.

goldbcfc

Post by goldbcfc » Wed May 24, 2017 4:14 pm

get some tinted windows saves confrontation just ignore people. :driving:

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Wed May 24, 2017 4:19 pm

yeah. i'm over it already. had a sh*t nights sleep but took the day off to re-bond (see the 'what have you done to your car today?' thread for details :) )

Difficult to totally dismiss the 'what-could-have-been' scenario however. If it was a real gun and I'd decided to confront him etc. - something I probably would have done when I was a bit younger and stupider perhaps.

At the end of the day; life's too short, I still like my zed and neanderthal as a species, still exists! That's how I'm concluding the whole thing :lol: :wink:
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

STUBOY2UK

Post by STUBOY2UK » Thu May 25, 2017 10:23 am

Most importantly, did you beat him away from the last set of lights?
Z4R 3.0si Sport auto. So far: 19" CSLs, Eibachs, MM exhaust tips, de-badged rear, stubby, black grilles, spacers, aux cable, interior LEDs, LED boot strip......

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Thu May 25, 2017 3:06 pm

STUBOY2UK wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 10:23 am Most importantly, did you beat him away from the last set of lights?
Fortunately they turned green, he turned right from lane 1 still spitting abuse but drowned out by his stupid gangsta exhaust and probably late for his drug deal. i carried straight on in lane 2. When i say 'straight' on i mean a bit wobbly due to being scared sh!tless :cry:
Hey ho.

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MACK » Thu May 25, 2017 3:43 pm

Chris_D wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 3:06 pm
STUBOY2UK wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 10:23 am Most importantly, did you beat him away from the last set of lights?
Fortunately they turned green, he turned right from lane 1 still spitting abuse but drowned out by his stupid gangsta exhaust and probably late for his drug deal. i carried straight on in lane 2. When i say 'straight' on i mean a bit wobbly due to being scared sh!tless :cry:
Hey ho.
The truth is he's probably a local florist and the car was a rental! :rofl:
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

DPG
Lifer
Lifer

Post by DPG » Thu May 25, 2017 3:45 pm

MACK wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 3:43 pm
Hey ho.
And he was probably waving a cigarette lighter

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Thu May 25, 2017 8:31 pm

DPG wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 3:45 pm

Hey ho.
Alright, alright. Settle down children.
The sympathy phase has finished now has it? Now the mickey-takin phase begins?
I dunno. Tsk. :roll:

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Thu May 25, 2017 9:31 pm

Chris_D wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 8:31 pm
DPG wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 3:45 pm

Alright, alright. Settle down children.
The sympathy phase has finished now has it? Now the mickey-takin phase begins?
I dunno. Tsk. :roll:
:lol: immunity never lasts past 2 pages :wink:
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

Rob s

Post by Rob s » Fri May 26, 2017 1:55 pm

His actions are totally unacceptable but it sounds like you knew he was annoyed, had a chance to move over and didn't. While he is clearly a knob I've found its better in life not to wind people up if you aren't prepared to deal with the consequences.
If you're not overtaking the learner stay in lane 1, speeding driver overtakes you both and you are at no point in any danger.
Z4MR

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Fri May 26, 2017 6:24 pm

Rob s wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 1:55 pm His actions are totally unacceptable but it sounds like you knew he was annoyed, had a chance to move over and didn't. While he is clearly a knob I've found its better in life not to wind people up if you aren't prepared to deal with the consequences.
If you're not overtaking the learner stay in lane 1, speeding driver overtakes you both and you are at no point in any danger.
Sounds like you're the kind of driver who gets annoyed if people don't move over for you if you think sticking to the speed limit is for losers or who can get irritated by other road users who are well within their rights to dawdle towards the next set of red traffic lights holding you up even further?
Do you keep a shooter in the glovebox too?
Tell you what, if I ever meet you on the road and you decide to pull that sh!t on me and you happen to have forgotten to bring your peashhooter with you then please, by all means offer to pull over to the side of the road so we can have a niknak about it. I'll knock that gold tooth of yours right through the back of your head.... :wink:

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MACK » Fri May 26, 2017 6:43 pm

Nictrix wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 8:59 am Not that this should have happened in the first place but do you have a UK plate on your car and maybe that is what upset the other driver?
Other thing is you should be embarrassed that the learner driver pulled away and gapped you from the lights :lol:

Mack, something you said about being a witness and your address not being read out in court, has this changed over the years as I was a witness in court years ago and the first questions I was asked was to confirm my name and address.

From that day I swore I would never be a witness for anything again, not worth the possible hassle.
Sorry just seen this, I've probably got this wrong to be honest. I've not been to court for years either, last time as a prosecution witness in a work thing (fraud case) I don't recall them doing this but I've probably just forgotten they as I wasn't worried about reprisals etc. If the guy concerned did have it in for me and a load of others he knew where we all worked anyway!
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)