Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Road rage incident has left me questioning zed ownership... :/

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Fri May 26, 2017 6:53 pm

Chris_D wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 6:24 pm
Rob s wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 1:55 pm His actions are totally unacceptable but it sounds like you knew he was annoyed, had a chance to move over and didn't. While he is clearly a knob I've found its better in life not to wind people up if you aren't prepared to deal with the consequences.
If you're not overtaking the learner stay in lane 1, speeding driver overtakes you both and you are at no point in any danger.
Sounds like you're the kind of driver who gets annoyed if people don't move over for you if you think sticking to the speed limit is for losers or who can get irritated by other road users who are well within their rights to dawdle towards the next set of red traffic lights holding you up even further?
Do you keep a shooter in the glovebox too?
Tell you what, if I ever meet you on the road and you decide to pull that sh!t on me and you happen to have forgotten to bring your peashhooter with you then please, by all means offer to pull over to the side of the road so we can have a niknak about it. I'll knock that gold tooth of yours right through the back of your head.... :wink:
I'm off the forum for a few days (been to Holland...hunting, did you miss me) and your getting yourself into trouble. That will teach you to bad mouth me. I said I would visit you and while on my way to see you, I noticed you plodding along, being beaten by a learner. Did you like my weapon :rofl: :rofl:

Hope you have stopped shaking and settled down, it's not nice when things like this happen, bloke sounds like a right tool, forget it and carry on with your life, oh and wind your neck in :poke: :rofl:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Fri May 26, 2017 7:04 pm

firebobby wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 6:53 pm
Rob s wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 1:55 pm His actions are totally unacceptable but it sounds like you knew he was annoyed, had a chance to move over and didn't. While he is clearly a knob I've found its better in life not to wind people up if you aren't prepared to deal with the consequences.
If you're not overtaking the learner stay in lane 1, speeding driver overtakes you both and you are at no point in any danger.
Sounds like you're the kind of driver who gets annoyed if people don't move over for you if you think sticking to the speed limit is for losers or who can get irritated by other road users who are well within their rights to dawdle towards the next set of red traffic lights holding you up even further?
Tell you what, if I ever meet you on the road and you decide to pull that sh!t on me and you happen to have forgotten to bring your peashhooter with you then please, by all means offer to pull over to the side of the road so we can have a niknak about it. I'll knock that gold tooth of yours right through the back of your head.... :wink:
I'm off the forum for a few days (been to Holland...hunting, did you miss me) and your getting yourself into trouble. That will teach you to bad mouth me. I said I would visit you and while on my way to see you, I noticed you plodding along, being beaten by a learner. Did you like my weapon :rofl: :rofl:

Hope you have stopped shaking and settled down, it's not nice when things like this happen, bloke sounds like a right tool, forget it and carry on with your life, oh and wind your neck in :poke: :rofl:
:lol: when he started flashing the gold tooth, then the shooter, i thought to myself; 'i bet that's that there fekin fred from the forum, the bastid!' :rofl:

I'm passed it fred, but if the skinny ginger tw@t had've stepped out for a row without his little toy i'd have been only too willing to accommodate him. oh well, maybe next time....

anyway, tell us of your hunting shennanigans? whereve u been? and what poor defenceless little furry animals have you been blowing away with your peashooter?
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Fri May 26, 2017 7:35 pm

MACK wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 6:43 pm
Nictrix wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 8:59 am Not that this should have happened in the first place but do you have a UK plate on your car and maybe that is what upset the other driver?
Other thing is you should be embarrassed that the learner driver pulled away and gapped you from the lights :lol:

Mack, something you said about being a witness and your address not being read out in court, has this changed over the years as I was a witness in court years ago and the first questions I was asked was to confirm my name and address.

From that day I swore I would never be a witness for anything again, not worth the possible hassle.
Sorry just seen this, I've probably got this wrong to be honest. I've not been to court for years either, last time as a prosecution witness in a work thing (fraud case) I don't recall them doing this but I've probably just forgotten they as I wasn't worried about reprisals etc. If the guy concerned did have it in for me and a load of others he knew where we all worked anyway!
It was a long long time ago, Around 25 years approx. Maybe its changed since then. I was just a bit shocked at the time and thought thanks you have just told a scumbag where I live.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Fri May 26, 2017 9:31 pm

Chris_D wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 7:04 pm
firebobby wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 6:53 pm

anyway, tell us of your hunting shennanigans? whereve u been? and what poor defenceless little furry animals have you been blowing away with your peashooter?
Err. hunting you, you furry little dog :)
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

Rob s

Post by Rob s » Sat May 27, 2017 10:04 am

Well that response seems like a slight over reaction lol.
Im the sort of driver that gets undertaken because i've dared to leave a sensible gap between me and the car in front. So dont worry I wont pull that sh!t on you and hopefully my gold tooth will last a little longer.
My point was that sadly we live in a world full of idiots and ive had much first hand experience of extreme violence coming from the tiniest of starts. You may think you can handle yourself but that guy could have shot you, unlikely maybe but if he had a gun he could have. Knowing you shouldn't have to move over and he's an idiot doesn't help much then.
If any sort of confrontation can be easily avoided I chose to avoid it because I value my health/life above my pride/ego or belief im in the right.
I didn't mean to offend you in any way but wanted to suggest sometimes its better to 'give in' and stay safe.
Z4MR

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Sat May 27, 2017 11:41 am

Rob s wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 10:04 am
Well that response seems like a slight over reaction lol.
Im the sort of driver that gets undertaken because i've dared to leave a sensible gap between me and the car in front. So dont worry I wont pull that sh!t on you and hopefully my gold tooth will last a little longer.
My point was that sadly we live in a world full of idiots and ive had much first hand experience of extreme violence coming from the tiniest of starts. You may think you can handle yourself but that guy could have shot you, unlikely maybe but if he had a gun he could have. Knowing you shouldn't have to move over and he's an idiot doesn't help much then.
If any sort of confrontation can be easily avoided I chose to avoid it because I value my health/life above my pride/ego or belief im in the right.
I didn't mean to offend you in any way but wanted to suggest sometimes its better to 'give in' and stay safe.
I know you didnt mean to offend fella, but telling me what you think i should or shouldnt have done in a situation that you werent directly involved in is a bit judgemental imo.
Ofc avoiding tense situations is the preferred option but when there is barely time or opportunity to make sense of whats happening before you can make a considered reaction then those situations become a little difficult to avoid. My plan was to slow down gradually and fall in behind the learner so as not to spook the learner even more and so that the merc tw@t could overtake me. As it was he decided to go way to early for the widening gap between me and the learner for an undertake, just to pointlessly get ahead of us at the next red light. Totally senseless.

I admit that part of me was thinking 'why the fk should i move out of the way' but thats part of my upbringing i suppose and in line with a personal philosophy of not taking any sh!t from anyone for any reason.
When a gun enters the equation obv that changes things.
I'd like to say that i'm the calm, controlled, 'let's talk about this sensibly' kind of person but if i feel like i'm being attacked i'll always defend my corner and hit back twice as hard and bugger the consequences.
Maybe you'd do things differently in the same circumstances and maybe with the benefit of hindsight i could have too, especially if he'd started waving around his fekin hand-cannon earlier on. :x :roll:
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.