Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

any wordpress techies on here?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Sky-drive

Post by Sky-drive » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:25 pm

Just wondering if there are any wordpress experts on the forum? I could do with some advice on how to size up photos on one of my websites.
Xenons | LED S/lights | CF Trim | Royale SW | ZHP | CDV | AUX | DISA | Vanos Refurb | Cruise | MV2s | Roof motor > boot | K&N | Sound Gen | Interior LEDs | E/H seats | Remapped

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:29 pm

My lovely ladyfriend laura is a blogger extraordinaire! She uses something called xnview, which is free, for all her photo manipulation shennannigans....
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

85genius

Post by 85genius » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:54 pm

Built a lot of WordPress sites over the years, if you are struggling with images not scaling correctly could be one of the template files screwing it up. Find it quite a lot with the free templates (and even occasionally with premium ones)

Could also be that you didn't notice the dropdown image size options if you are using the built in media upload tool. I generally bulk upload via ftp so skip that step so I'm forget when actually doing it that way and let the software resize so it's easy done
Audi quattro driver :o
NOW SOLD - Ruby Black 3.0 SI Roadster :(
Previous - E85 2.5 Ti Silver - See avatar photo - R.I.P Destroyed by a Tranny

Sky-drive

Post by Sky-drive » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:48 pm

cheers for the advice guys, Im running a Vantage Premium theme template ... its nothing major but some of the images seem to be cropped off the bottom and its something I would like to resolve.
Xenons | LED S/lights | CF Trim | Royale SW | ZHP | CDV | AUX | DISA | Vanos Refurb | Cruise | MV2s | Roof motor > boot | K&N | Sound Gen | Interior LEDs | E/H seats | Remapped

Wrs

Post by Wrs » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:29 pm

You should be able to fix with css code.
Gone - Black Sapphire Z4 E89 35is
Gone - Midnight Blue Z4 E85 3.0si

85genius

Post by 85genius » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:35 pm

Sky-drive wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:48 pm cheers for the advice guys, Im running a Vantage Premium theme template ... its nothing major but some of the images seem to be cropped off the bottom and its something I would like to resolve.
It sounds like the theme is set up for a certain size of images or at least a certain scale. As mentioned above you can modify the style-sheet to fix this but... If you are not very technically minded then probably the easiest option is to check if there is a demo site with that theme look at the image format on there then use gimp or photoshop to resize your images.
Audi quattro driver :o
NOW SOLD - Ruby Black 3.0 SI Roadster :(
Previous - E85 2.5 Ti Silver - See avatar photo - R.I.P Destroyed by a Tranny

Sky-drive

Post by Sky-drive » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:34 pm

Wrs wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:29 pm You should be able to fix with css code.
yes true but Im a complete beginner when it comes to css code, that's why I built the site in Wordpress (see www.pinpointmapping.co.uk)