Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

How long before they attempt it?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
LordOxygen

Post by LordOxygen » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:18 pm

Ducklakeview wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:43 pm Can't believe the difference between the panels they used, and the non-combustible "next one's up" is apparently £2 each, or just £5k which on a project that cost over £8 million is literally nothing...

Mike
Where did those numbers come from ?

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ducklakeview » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:35 pm

LordOxygen wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:18 pm
Ducklakeview wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:43 pm Can't believe the difference between the panels they used, and the non-combustible "next one's up" is apparently £2 each, or just £5k which on a project that cost over £8 million is literally nothing...

Mike
Where did those numbers come from ?
Read it a couple of times in the news today.

Mike

Angelus666

Post by Angelus666 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:35 pm

Very sad for those involved, but I do really hate seeing the do-gooder middle-class white folk who feel the need to deliver their moral outrage at the authorities, whilst enhancing their social media profiles. Lily Allen, if you're soo bloody passionate about this then open up your £5m Kensington home to accommodate the Somalian family or give £3m from your bank account to set some of the others up (ooo, noo...couldn't possibly do that right now....little petal poppy seed has to go on her private school trip to Safari).

ranski
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ranski » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:37 pm

Manufacturers Omnis Exteriors confirmed to the Guardian it supplied Reynobond PE cladding to contractors Harley Facades for the project. They also confirmed that the cheaper, less fire resistant tile had been used

The Guardian did the math and produced the £5k saving.

Also worth noting the USA banded this tile on buildings higher than 40 feet
Last edited by ranski on Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Z4 3.0 / Mods done... too many to mention

ranski
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ranski » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:38 pm

Don't fool yourselves, austerity had a hand in this 'incident'

Z4 3.0 / Mods done... too many to mention

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:44 pm

mr wilks wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:40 pm The other point that is grating on me is the lynchmob mentality regarding the guy + his wife who were directors of the company who installed the product :( they would simply have quoted for the works as per the bill of quantities drawn up by the buildings owners in conjunction with their appointed architects . The same bill will have been offered to various other contractors , this guy just happened to be the cheapest total price ( with labour included ) i would suspect :?
Have to agree with you on this and been saying the same at work.

I can't see how one person or company can be found to be at fault if all rules and regulations were followed.

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Post by TitanTim » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:11 pm

ranski wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:38 pm Don't fool yourselves, austerity had a hand in this 'incident'
Nail on the head there, Councils have been bled dry, thats no excuse to cut corners but they have to cut costs simply as they have no money, and whats compounded the situation in providing and coordinating community help is there is no council staff to do it. For years now council staffing posts have not been replaced and the result is what your seeing now, no staff or staff with knowledge and experience required. Its not just council staff, same goes for the fire service and providing fire safety checks all of which has been scaled back to save money. All falls firmly onto the Government and years of Austerity.

Tim.

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:18 pm

I will be amazed if there aren't riots in that part of London soon, I was watching the rent a mob, storm the council offices and noticed how many "protesters" were covering their faces.
No need to do that unless your intent on trouble :|
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:27 pm

TitanTim wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:11 pm
ranski wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:38 pm Don't fool yourselves, austerity had a hand in this 'incident'
Nail on the head there, Councils have been bled dry, thats no excuse to cut corners but they have to cut costs simply as they have no money, and whats compounded the situation in providing and coordinating community help is there is no council staff to do it. For years now council staffing posts have not being replaced and the result is what your seeing now. Its not just council staff, same goes for the fire service and providing fire safety checks all of which has been scaled back to save money. All falls firmly onto the Government and years of Austerity.

Tim.
Right now i would guess the panels passed the basic requirements for fire retardant protection as in half hour or 1 hour ( possibly 90mins but doubt it ) as with internal / external doors , plasterboards etc ?
The majority of products are classed this way as generally deemed sufficient to protect life before help arrives or to allow enough time to escape .
I would doubt there were any requirements within the bill of quantities for the panels themselves to offer longer fire protection & they more than likely passed basic UK fire regs for external systems as they were not used inside the flats themselves :cry:
Lots of technicalities & loopholes ahead i suspect
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Post by TitanTim » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:37 pm

mr wilks wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:27 pm
TitanTim wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:11 pm
Nail on the head there, Councils have been bled dry, thats no excuse to cut corners but they have to cut costs simply as they have no money, and whats compounded the situation in providing and coordinating community help is there is no council staff to do it. For years now council staffing posts have not being replaced and the result is what your seeing now. Its not just council staff, same goes for the fire service and providing fire safety checks all of which has been scaled back to save money. All falls firmly onto the Government and years of Austerity.

Tim.
Right now i would guess the panels passed the basic requirements for fire retardant protection as in half hour or 1 hour ( possibly 90mins but doubt it ) as with internal / external doors , plasterboards etc ?
The majority of products are classed this way as generally deemed sufficient to protect life before help arrives or to allow enough time to escape .
I would doubt there were any requirements within the bill of quantities for the panels themselves to offer longer fire protection & they more than likely passed basic UK fire regs for external systems as they were not used inside the flats themselves :cry:
Lots of technicalities & loopholes ahead i suspect
I think any public inquiry will open a whole can of worms, from how the refurbishment was done and costed, gas pipes moved to exposed walls in public areas, fire alarms that appeared not to work correctly, lack of fire extinguishers, confusing fire safety signs that were not complete, ignoring residents concerns on the refurbishment, local councils lack of coordination and information following the tragedy, I can see like Hillsborough it will last for years.

Watching Theresa Mays interview this evening, I was seeing someone who was visibly scared to a point she almost couldn't take it. She doesn't inspire confidence what so ever.

Tim.

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:25 pm

Edit: Comment withdrawn. Risk breaching my NDA.
Last edited by Chris_D on Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

Nick_in_Suffolk

Post by Nick_in_Suffolk » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:59 am

If you are that concerned over the safety at NRG Petten I assume you have informed ENSREG.

The Wikipedia entry for NRG Petten is an interesting read.
G29 S30i in SFR - my wife's car and her third Z
BMW M2C - gone, replaced with an i4, but its only use is shopping, the Z is our main touring vehicle

Long gone, but not forgotten - 1988 E30 M3

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:09 am

Chris_D wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:25 pm Edit: Comment withdrawn. Risk breaching my NDA.
I screen shot that last night....expect a knock at the door :poke: :rofl:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:26 am

firebobby wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:09 am
Chris_D wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:25 pm Edit: Comment withdrawn. Risk breaching my NDA.
Prove it u tart. :poke:
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:52 pm

firebobby wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:09 am
:worthless: