Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Glasto

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
idej_z4

Glasto

Post by idej_z4 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:47 am

Mr Tidy wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:19 am
idej_jedi wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:40 amMe too! Seen them a few times over here and one in America. Worried that might be the last time they do a set like that - f***ing epic!!! Who else is there that rocks like that with sooo many awesome tracks. #fooforlife
Saw them at Reading in 2010 and nearly saw them a few years ago, but Dave broke his leg and it got cancelled. :(

Didn't fancy the MK bowl (too much standing up for an old geezer, and outdoors usually = rain)!

One of These Days! :laugh:
I had tickets to the Wembley gig when he broke his leg. Ended up seeing them in San Fran - Americans are a rubbish audience. No energy. Also saw them at MK Bowl - best gig I've ever been to...it never rained, apart for the occasional cup of p! Jimmy Eat World and Biffy Clyro. It was epic!

bluespit

Glasto

Post by bluespit » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:47 am

well I don't know about you oldies but I'm up again and watching it for a second time - everyone else still sleeping here!

mind you I'm only 28 (in my head!)
now I'm about to have more time I've suddenly got less toys to play with!

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Glasto

Post by firebobby » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:37 am

Yeah, I had my hot Horlicks and went to bed. I did have another listen to them but all I heard was a droning load of crap. I will them to all you youngsters :rofl:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Glasto

Post by Ewazix » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:34 am

Good fun if you are 20 and off your t1ts, otherwise the pretend hippies and middle class hipsters ticking the Glasto box for their timeline before Hen'lay and Wimbledon gets very grating.

.......... and the local traffic is bolx as well :thumbsdown:
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

Dav the wheel nut
Lifer
Lifer

Glasto

Post by Dav the wheel nut » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:59 am

Why would you want to go to Glastonbury to listen to Corbyn doing a political speech to a bunch of pot noodle eating vegans at what is supposed to be a music festival. :thumbsdown:
Why do actors like Depp go to these events and think it's cool to make political comments. These arrogant tossers really get on my nerves.
Yes they're entitled to their opinion but at the right time in the right place :headbang:

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Glasto

Post by Ewazix » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:18 am

A Saturday night Pyramid line-up with the Foo-foo Fluffers, Craig 'generic' David, Dribbling Jools and an OK pop bird who has clearly now lost her marbles (Katy P), it's not the sort of line-up for me I'm afraid. Liam and the Kaiser Chiefs on the 'other stage' was about the best of it.
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

Dav the wheel nut
Lifer
Lifer

Glasto

Post by Dav the wheel nut » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:21 am

Ewazix wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:18 am A Saturday night Pyramid line-up with the Foo-foo Fluffers, Craig 'generic' David, Dribbling Jools and an OK pop bird who has clearly now lost her marbles (Katy P), it's not the sort of line-up for me I'm afraid. Liam and the Kaiser Chiefs on the 'other stage' was about the best of it.
Yeh but you're just really old :rofl:
Coming to Thornfalcon this year?

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Glasto

Post by Ewazix » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:32 am

Dav the wheel nut wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:21 am
Ewazix wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:18 am A Saturday night Pyramid line-up with the Foo-foo Fluffers, Craig 'generic' David, Dribbling Jools and an OK pop bird who has clearly now lost her marbles (Katy P), it's not the sort of line-up for me I'm afraid. Liam and the Kaiser Chiefs on the 'other stage' was about the best of it.
Yeh but you're just really old :rofl:
Coming to Thornfalcon this year?
Ouch! That hurts! (the truth that is) :rofl:

.... and yes I probably will get to Thornfalcon, I was also looking at Sherborne Supercar and Classic on the Sat (I'm away Sun) https://classicsatthecastle.co.uk/
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Glasto

Post by Chris_D » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:55 am

Wow, a lot of old fart, anti-glasto, anti-political, anti-vegan, anti-fun sentiment here then! :o :? Wasn't expecting that.

At the ripe old age of 47 maybe I should start thinking about acting my age and conforming to social expectations/norms and getting off to bed early, get into easy-listening bands, buying the daily mail and a comfy pair of house slippers. :lol:

But then, maybe i'll just think to myself; F*CK ALL THAT!
I'll leave all you killjoys at home with your mugs of horlicks and slippers and head off down to the mosh pit at the next Foo's gig... :lol: :P :evil: 8)
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Glasto

Post by Ewazix » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:41 pm

Chris_D wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:55 am Wow, a lot of old fart, anti-glasto, anti-political, anti-vegan, anti-fun sentiment here then! :o :? Wasn't expecting that.

At the ripe old age of 47 maybe I should start thinking about acting my age and conforming to social expectations/norms and getting off to bed early ..........
That's my problem with it Chris, 'Glasto' IS a middle-class social norm and expectation now,

I've been there about 15 times since 1984 and if you think the current ticket restricted, fenced, corporate, micro-brand managed TV event is in any way alternative, edgy or authentic then you really have swallowed the marketing pill. It was, but isn't now.

......... and I've met St Michael several time, he's incredibly unpleasant, more ego than eco and ironically the only farmer I've met who shouts "get on my land" :wink:
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Glasto

Post by Chris_D » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:57 pm

Ewazix wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:41 pm
Chris_D wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:55 am Wow, a lot of old fart, anti-glasto, anti-political, anti-vegan, anti-fun sentiment here then! :o :? Wasn't expecting that.

At the ripe old age of 47 maybe I should start thinking about acting my age and conforming to social expectations/norms and getting off to bed early ..........
That's my problem with it Chris, 'Glasto' IS a middle-class social norm and expectation now,

I've been there about 15 times since 1984 and if you think the current ticket restricted, fenced, corporate, micro-brand managed TV event is in any way alternative, edgy or authentic then you really have swallowed the marketing pill. It was, but isn't now.

......... and I've met St Michael several time, he's incredibly unpleasant, more ego than eco and ironically the only farmer I've met who shouts "get on my land" :wink:
bit cynical mate.
Ofc it's changed over the years, both in terms of scale and scope but it still remains one of the best music festivals of the season. I've seen the big brands creeping in and I don't resent that one bit. Wherever there's a population of people with ready cash to spend you'll find opportunistic marketing. That's a given.
if you go without preconceptions or a biased opinion then you'll prob enjoy it more :P
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

Dav the wheel nut
Lifer
Lifer

Glasto

Post by Dav the wheel nut » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:07 pm

Ewazix wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:41 pmThat's my problem with it Chris, 'Glasto' IS a middle-class social norm and expectation now,

Spot on :happyclap:
Although I never knew you eat pot noodles Greg :cry:

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Glasto

Post by TitanTim » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:43 pm

I'm not an old fart :) but l will only reap praise when I see musical talent for which there was very little from what I could see last night, there is the usual boring mix of rappers and girlie music which all sounds the same to me. The emphasis seems to be more on dancers wearing multi coloured foam and prancing around to give any wow factor :thumbsdown:

Tim.

goldbcfc

Glasto

Post by goldbcfc » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:13 pm

If you think glasto is what u see on TV your wrong it's so much more. You don't even see half the places there unless your on a bike or being driven around by jeep. My mate is working voluntary there this year just to get a free ticket the nutter. We go most years I'm in my 30's now. First time I went was 16 I got lost in the first hour there and never found my mates until next afternoon I was lucky. Too many stories from any other times the proper days before camera phones. Went last year its so commercial now but still good...... :rofl:

greg81

Glasto

Post by greg81 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:03 pm