Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Justice for the '96?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Justice for the '96?

Post by Ducklakeview » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:02 pm

I don't "do" football, never have - But the day after this happened, I still remember to this day taking my then girlfriend to Anfield. She lost her cousin at Hillsborough.

It's taken too long for people to be brought to account for mistakes/errors that have been obvious since 1989, and indeed it appears the deliberate covering up/changing of evidence that happened subsequently.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... rs-charged

Mike

PeterZed

Justice for the '96?

Post by PeterZed » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:08 pm

I just hope that even at this late stage justice is done and seen to be done , the amount of whitewash , altered statements and notes are a scandal and my full respect goes to the campaigners who have worked so long and hard for this .
'05 Sterling Grey manual 3.0, boot spoiler , mud flaps , wind deflector,elec memory seats,bluetooth
,satnav, computer,multi function wheel,folding mirrors.matt black rad grills MV3 wheels , and yes cup holders :-))

dans6490

Justice for the '96?

Post by dans6490 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:29 pm

As a young Liverpool fan, I watched this unfold on tv and also listened to the initial 'hooligan' assumption broadcasted.

I remember reading the newspaper headlines, particularly 'The Sun', who printed that Liverpool fans had been stealing possessions from the dead. The whole situation was a disgrace.

What amazes me, is that they were able to cover it all up for so long. It just shows that if the powers that be want to, they can convince millions of people of a complete fabrication.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Justice for the '96?

Post by buzyg » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:48 pm

Finally the wheels of justice are turning in the right direction again. I never have bought or subscribed to the sun again, after what they printed either.

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Justice for the '96?

Post by Chris_D » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:47 pm

I lost my mate Ste Robinson at Hillsborough. We went to the same school 'saky' Sacred Heart in Crosby and him and his brothers used to play footy with me and our kid down near the serpentine at crosby beach.
Its still pretty raw remembering that whole time as it was as if everyone knew someone who was lost there.
The Sun is still not sold at most newsagents on Merseyside for obvious reasons and its criminal in itself that it's taken so long for the families to receive justice.
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Justice for the '96?

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:47 pm

I remember watching it happen live on the TV and couldn't believe that I was seeing.

It should never have taken so long to get to the truth, but at last there are going to be some prosecutions.

Liverpool don't invite Sun journalists to their press conferences (and Everton have kicked them out after a piece they printed about Ross Barkley). The Sun is really not popular in Merseyside!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black