Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Junction 17 cars!

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
zedwheels

Junction 17 cars!

Post by zedwheels » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:51 pm

Just wondered if anyone here has ever had any dealings with Junction 17 cars? You may know that I have put my car up for sale for age and health issues, being a bit too low to the ground to access actually.
Anyway I was browsing the ebay adds and Autotrader and spotted a car I liked with them. Rang them up to say I was interested only to be told that it had been sold! I then liked a different car and contacted them again. Cutting a long story short, they asked me for a holding fee to give me time to arrange a drive to Nottingham, which is a long way from me! Then I had other problems so couldn't now make the journey so cancelled my visit.
OK that done I now wanted my holding fee refunded, but this seems to be a long winded refund as after nearly two weeks now and a number of telephone calls I'm not getting anywhere. The fee by the way is on their web page as being fully refundable should the car not be the one I want.
Since then I have now found a website that has customer reviews on them and it seems this is a problem a lot of previous potential customers have had. I have today now tried ringing their customer services manager but she don't pick up! So today sent them an email to ask for a reply?? :evil:
Has anyone here had, or know anyone who has had dealings with this "Organisation" who also has a depot in Peterborough.
Another unusual thing is that the first car that I rang about is still advertised on ebay and their web as being for sale!!
Any advice welcomed.

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Junction 17 cars!

Post by PerryGunn » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:57 pm

Hopefully you paid by credit card? If so, contact your card company and take up the matter with them
Alpina Roadster S #320
* Quaife ATB LSD * StrongStrut Braces * Turner RTAB Limiters * Gap-Tech RCH+ *
* Intravee & KCA-420i * Mini 0806 * Cheetah C550 * Stubby *

zedwheels

Junction 17 cars!

Post by zedwheels » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:04 pm

PerryGunn wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:57 pm Hopefully you paid by credit card? If so, contact your card company and take up the matter with them
I done it with my debit card Perry! Not sure about that?

Raj_UK

Junction 17 cars!

Post by Raj_UK » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:32 pm

I wouldn't buy from there purely based on one experience viewing a car there. No money was exchanged - staff were rude and it's hard to explain but place (Peterborough branch) just exuded bad vibes.
Z4less :?

zedwheels

Junction 17 cars!

Post by zedwheels » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:50 pm

Raj_UK wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:32 pm I wouldn't buy from there purely based on one experience viewing a car there. No money was exchanged - staff were rude and it's hard to explain but place (Peterborough branch) just exuded bad vibes.
I found the customer review site a couple of days too late. The reviews they have for both branches is an eye opener, people are disgusted with their "customer service" and lots have to go to trading standards to get their fee returned and some are still waiting even with their involvement. :headbang:

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Junction 17 cars!

Post by Scooba_Steve » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:17 pm

So either go via your card issuer or small claims. Trading standards are pretty slow and mostly toothless.
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

philip27

Junction 17 cars!

Post by philip27 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:03 pm

I looked at a Z4m at the Nottingham branch before getting my e89 and was disgusted with them.

Sales staff were rude and as for the car it looked a complete wreck despite being described as mint. Each wheel had kerb damage, front bumper looked like it was hanging on for life loads of other marks on the car. Inside hadn't even been given quick hoover out even though they knew I was coming to look at the car. They seemed very offended when I said I didn't want to take it for a test drive.

Sorry does not help with your current situation but that was my experience with them.
Went to the dark side Porsche Cayman 987s
Crimson Red E89 23i - :(
Maldives Blue E85 2.5i - Sold :(

Bluecat

Junction 17 cars!

Post by Bluecat » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:09 pm

Try and speak to someone else there if you can't get hold of the customer service manager. If this does not help send them a letter before action recorded delivery, this is disgraceful behaviour Junction 17 have a lot of cars for sale and should not be behaving like this.

zedwheels

Junction 17 cars!

Post by zedwheels » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:32 pm

I went on their website again today and had the direct number for their customer services manager, Kate Barker, but when I did eventually get someone to pick up the phone I was told that she no longer works for them!! surprise that, she probably couldn't cope with all the complaints I expect!
So Phil answered, told him my problem, again, told him how many times I have rang, no apology just that he would pass it on and someone would ring me later. Nobody rang me! What a shower of s**t this company is! I am posting my problem as this may help others who consider going to Junction 17 cars. Don't bother avoid them! Their web site shows a great range and high spec. machines I wouldn't have believed a company with this image would treat potential customers this way. My GAST IS FLABBERED!!
I have now messaged Barclays for help as apparently although a debit card transaction does not have the same protection as a credit card there is what is called a "Charge back procedure" brought in by the government in 2010 so trying that first and if not, it's looking like a small claims court will be needed.
Logging on to Junction 17 cars reviews is worth a read if you get bored.

Bing
Legend
Legend

Junction 17 cars!

Post by Bing » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:35 pm

Charge back should work - unless they provide their acquirer (the people who process the transaction) evidence that your claim is fraudulent or you received the goods you paid for within a certain time period that I can't remember off- hand - which they won't be able to - then the card issuer will give you your money back and the acquirer will simply take it from them. The details are hazy as it's a few years since I worked in the payments industry, but you should be ok given they say publicly that the payment is fully refundable.
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Junction 17 cars!

Post by cj10jeeper » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:41 pm

It doesn't help your situation but any payment for anything whatsoever like this, goods ordered, holidays, services, etc. pay by credit card, not debit card. You have very strong rights on purchases and with a few exceptions, on transactions over £100 the bank will always refund you if they can't get the money back.
If the seller won't take a credit card for a small deposit walk away..
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

Rusky

Junction 17 cars!

Post by Rusky » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:07 pm

I visited their peterborough branch once and wasnt impressed. Hence only once :thumbsdown:
3.0l Silver SMG, whippy and ginge fringe/ Sound gen mod/ Media bridge fitted (bluetooth and audio streaming) / Clear third break light/ Hard Top/ Eibachs springs and DLV back box/ Roof motor in the boot/ plus lots more.

zedwheels

Junction 17 cars!

Post by zedwheels » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:03 pm

Bing wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:35 pm Charge back should work - unless they provide their acquirer (the people who process the transaction) evidence that your claim is fraudulent or you received the goods you paid for within a certain time period that I can't remember off- hand - which they won't be able to - then the card issuer will give you your money back and the acquirer will simply take it from them. The details are hazy as it's a few years since I worked in the payments industry, but you should be ok given they say publicly that the payment is fully refundable.
From what i'v read about it the bank should help. :thumbsup:
cj10jeeper wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:41 pm It doesn't help your situation but any payment for anything whatsoever like this, goods ordered, holidays, services, etc. pay by credit card, not debit card. You have very strong rights on purchases and with a few exceptions, on transactions over £100 the bank will always refund you if they can't get the money back.
If the seller won't take a credit card for a small deposit walk away..
As they say once bitten twice shy. :thumbsup:
Rusky wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:07 pm I visited their peterborough branch once and wasnt impressed. Hence only once :thumbsdown:
Not like me to do this with a dealer so far from home! :thumbsup:

Raj_UK

Junction 17 cars!

Post by Raj_UK » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:48 pm

I hope you get things sorted without any further hassle.
Z4less :?

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Junction 17 cars!

Post by RickRob » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:15 pm

You should be OK to chargeback on your debit card. I would suggest that, if you have not done so already, you email them and get a delivery receipt and read receipt for the email. It's always an easier chargeback process if you have something in writing.

If you have issues with your bank then please PM me. I work for Visa, although not in the disputes area, and can get some insider knowledge if you need it.

Rick
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)