Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

What is wrong with people nowadays?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Bluecat

Post by Bluecat » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:40 pm

Driving down the slip road today to join the A40, look in the mirror theres a white van in the first lane but a decent gap before him. Indicate to pull out and he's accelerated hard to stop me pulling out. Have to slam on the brakes and the 3 or 4 cars behind me nearly cause a pile up, He find this really amusing. Is it Z4 envy or is he that kin stupid. Thanks for that mate

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scooba_Steve » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:02 pm

He could be a knob/green eyed monster.

Or he may have misjudged your speed and tried to accelerate to get out of the way and failed. Unlikely.

Either way, when joining you have to yield, so it's incumbent on you to adjust your position and speed to enable a safe join, despite what the other idiots may do.
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

Crazy Harry

Post by Crazy Harry » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:17 pm

Scooba_Steve wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:02 pm
Either way, when joining you have to yield, so it's incumbent on you to adjust your position and speed to enable a safe join, despite what the other idiots may do.
Is that still in the highway code? - my world seems to be full of drivers who come down the slip road; indicate and expect the traffic on the carriageway to let them in - or in some cases brake like hell because they are only doing 40mph and the rest of the world is doing 70! Ba*tard* :headbang:

I know I'm getting old because they should have a 'public information' film about it on the TV - in the fashion of Reginald Molehusband and reverse parking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sHH-9Y ... adIZ_utW8B

bmwaddict

Post by bmwaddict » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:45 pm

Bring back public information films by Mr Cholmondeley-Warner and Grayson! Look, listen and take heed!

The rules are still that the traffic already on the motorway/road you are joining have right of way, so you must yield.
Being behind someone joining a motorway at 40 which I seem to have to do every bloody morning, is not fun. Don't these people know you are supposed to use the slip road to get up to the speed of the road you are joining?
Currently zedless :(

'07 Mugello Blue Audi B7 RS4 Saloon with added goodies
'94 Black/Silver/Green Honda CBR400RR
Previous:
'07 Ruby Black Z4MC
'07 Sapphire Black Z4C 3.0si Sport

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:47 pm

Takes two to tango. :wink:

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Post by TitanTim » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:51 pm

Polite ones on the motorway will move over to the centre lane to allow any traffic on the slip road to join. A rarity though.

Tim.

Crazy Harry

Post by Crazy Harry » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:56 pm

TitanTim wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:51 pm Polite ones on the motorway will move over to the centre lane to allow any traffic on the slip road to join. A rarity though.

Tim.
That's fine assuming you have time and space to move into - not always easy particularly in a speed limited HGV1

philbo909

Post by philbo909 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:34 pm

There's a lot of bmw hatred about, but also people expecting the slow lane to move for joining traffic. Comes down to no motorway driving for learners IMO
Sapphire black z4 coupe 135,000miles young

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:46 pm

I had similar experience but the other way just this afternoon :cry: over the Blubberhouses rd it was 60mph , one of those dickshit superuseless pick up truck suv not-really-a -work- thing blundering along at 50mph ( no doubt trying to eek out the mpg cause they sup it for fun :D ) i'm in my Astravan , indicate , pulled out , got alongside & the knobjockey floored it :? so we were side by side until the solid white lines loomed so i dropped back & pulled back in , he then continued at the speed limit so i was happy but hard not to wonder why the guy was such a dick
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Bluecat

Post by Bluecat » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:49 pm

All valid points I do know the highway code as well, the point is that the gap was large enough for me to safely get into, the speed limit is 50 on that stretch I was doing 45, he did not have to brake to let me in, but to accelerate is guntyness of the first order, so clearly I made his day by him nearly causing a pile up.

DPG
Lifer
Lifer

Post by DPG » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:52 pm

See it all the time on the M62. Nothing to do with driving a BMW.

Just too many dickheads out there.

Highlander

Post by Highlander » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:07 pm

DPG wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:52 pm See it all the time on the M62. Nothing to do with driving a BMW.

I cover about 35K for work + a few miles for pleasure and wholeheartedly agree with the low standard of driving seen regularly.....a lot of its down to lack of common sense and the rest is arrogance/pig-headedness.......I just let the feckers get on with it and try to keep out the way.

Darren Slone
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Darren Slone » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:27 pm

Highlander wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:07 pm
DPG wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:52 pm See it all the time on the M62. Nothing to do with driving a BMW.

I cover about 35K for work + a few miles for pleasure and wholeheartedly agree with the low standard of driving seen regularly.....a lot of its down to lack of common sense and the rest is arrogance/pig-headedness.......I just let the feckers get on with it and try to keep out the way.
My favourite thing is following someone in a 60mph zone who's doing 40mph then it goes into a 30mph zone and they're still doing 40 mph :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Current Porsche Cayman S 987.1

Now sold - Imola Z4MC

Now sold - Silver Grey Z4MC
OEM CSL’s, Supersprint, Gruppe M, Eibachs, Carbon Roof, carbon rear spoiler,,

Now sold - My other Z
‘71 Datsun 240Z imported from West Coast USA

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:06 pm

Crazy Harry wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:17 pm
Scooba_Steve wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:02 pm
Is that still in the highway code? - my world seems to be full of drivers who come down the slip road; indicate and expect the traffic on the carriageway to let them in - or in some cases brake like hell because they are only doing 40mph and the rest of the world is doing 70! Ba*tard* :headbang:
A guy did exactly that on the slip road I use to join the A13 here. Ended up being squashed between 2 lorries. Nothing left of him or the car. He paid the ultimate price for being an idiot.
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

1000rr

Post by 1000rr » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:44 pm

Darren Slone wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:27 pm

My favourite thing is following someone in a 60mph zone who's doing 40mph then it goes into a 30mph zone and they're still doing 40 mph :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
This. Coming home tonight after work, following someone doing 25mph in a 50 limit, country road with very few blind corners for 2 miles, turns left into a 30 limit and is doing around 50. :headbang: :headbang:
Sterling 3.0, Bentley burgundy leather, Aeros..
Ducati Supersport S