Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Sea Foam - Snake oil or not?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ducklakeview » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:18 pm

Ok, before you all start!

Normally I am the pessimist when it comes to stuff like this. I don't for instance believe that Slick 50, Molyslip and even Redex are worth paying for..

Probably the ONLY "additive/cleaner" I have ever been imprssed with, is Liqui-Moly's "Diesel Purge" which you actually run the engine on by disconnecting the diesel supply and inserting the pump flow and return into the 1L can and running it until it's gone - Brilliant results.. Anyway, I digress..

My van, a 2010 Scudo has done a few miles now, 215,000 to be exact. Noticed it a little bit "rattlier" than usual, so was looking at this stuff; https://seafoamsales.com/sea-foam-motor-treatment/

Now, try as I might, I just cannot seem to find a bad review on it, so was wondering if anyone had used it?

Thoughts?

Mike

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:24 pm

Hi Mike, I've used it-my si used to burn through a bit of engine oil when I first got it so I used to regularly treat the ccv system to a small amount via mrs smartbears turkey baster :oops:
It definitely improved matters with my car over a period of time & I would use it again :thumbsup:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold