Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Eurotunnel compensation

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
pvr
Legend
Legend

Eurotunnel compensation

Post by pvr » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:47 pm

Last week, my 10 pm crossing was delayed until 4 am, which was caused by a coach hitting a train when entering and 1 train out of action meant a 6 hour delay.

Whilst sitting in the car doing nothing, I wrote the complained email to the tunnel as they are not covered by the same rules for delays as airlines (basically - tough luck).

Got the "compensation" gesture today, a refund of that trip in the shape of a voucher. However, the voucher can not be used in conjunction with a frequent traveller account (which is the one I use as I cross over at least once a month), and can also not be used for pet transport fees. Not sure about the reason for that, as now I don't know how to use it. I am taking the dog next week but can't use the voucher for those costs. Wonder why they make the compensation so restricted though.

Travel through the tunnel has certainly become more challenging over the last year, with so many delays (and such long ones as well).
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Lance

Eurotunnel compensation

Post by Lance » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:18 am

That's a hell of a delay :o

Agree with your comment about the service becoming challenging, I too have had issues and now take my business to DFDS, who so far have been fine and considerably cheaper, albeit I prefer the speed of the crossing by train. What I really struggle with, with problems on the tunnel is their absolute arrogance when things go wrong. The attitude of tough, you'll just have to wait is shocking!

Am over to France in two weeks via DFDS, but will try the train again next year and see if improved.

I have written to and politely tweeted the tunnel CS dept, but nothing back :thumbsdown:

85genius

Eurotunnel compensation

Post by 85genius » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:27 am

If it really aint worth anything to you because of the way you book your travel stick it on the sales section here. If you list @ a 20% discount off face value, theres a decent chance there's someone who can actually use it may be planning a trip to Europe and then you get a bit of compo and help out another member
Audi quattro driver :o
NOW SOLD - Ruby Black 3.0 SI Roadster :(
Previous - E85 2.5 Ti Silver - See avatar photo - R.I.P Destroyed by a Tranny

DibbleCorse

Eurotunnel compensation

Post by DibbleCorse » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:14 pm

Why can't you just use it outside the frequent traveller account ? Its basically a free trip or am I missing something ?
Cars: E89 Z4 3.0i M Sport, VW Scirocco 2.0 GT TFSI
Bikes: Ducati 996, Ducati 999R Fila, Ducati Multistrada, Ducati Panigale 1199S
Pets: Charlie and Luigi the cats.
Wife: Just the one.
Instagram: Dibblecorse

pvr
Legend
Legend

Eurotunnel compensation

Post by pvr » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:32 pm

Update on this one - I got a refund for my tickets as long as I bought Flexiplus, which I did. I have now travelled 3 times with that and it is a world of difference. Should have done it years ago.

Got back today, when there were delays, and got straight in front of the passport queue, got some lunch in the lounge and drove on the next train whichever I wanted. Much, much better.
Current:
Abarth 595 Comp.
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4 3.0 Toledo

pvr
Legend
Legend

Eurotunnel compensation

Post by pvr » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:33 pm

DibbleCorse wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:14 pm Why can't you just use it outside the frequent traveller account ? Its basically a free trip or am I missing something ?
I can use it outside against a normal ticket, yes. But a normal ticket is much more expensive so it would just get lost.
Current:
Abarth 595 Comp.
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4 3.0 Toledo