Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Free Sky Q for long time customers

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
andysat
Lifer
Lifer

Post by andysat » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:06 pm

Hi all-reading in todays paper its states Sky is offering different rewards for staying with them-apparently if you have been with them for 15 years or more you are a 'black' tiered customer and can get free Sky Q -looking on the site though it begs to differ?-anyone else read this?-thanks
Gone but not forgotten.
New ride silver e93.

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ducklakeview » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:16 pm

We are on the "platinum" level - Will have a gander now, like the idea of Q, but have held off due to cost, as we have 4 x HD boxes..

Mike
Last edited by Ducklakeview on Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ekimj10

Post by ekimj10 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:19 pm

Yes I've read that Sky are rewarding long standing customers 5 stages of reward, the top one being free SkyQ after 15 years.
The rest aren't of too much interest, for me anyway.
Will have a look see how long I've been screwed for :x
2.2R Toledo Blue

obewan

Post by obewan » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:10 pm

Interested in Sky Q and I'm a black VIP :D
The only thing that has put me off previously was the single planner, does anyone know if this is still the case?
Currently I have multi-room (My son has an HD box in his room) - as I've read it with Sky Q there is only a program planner on the main box
I just see issues with who's watched what and deleted before the other has watched it
Not to mention all the golf he'll fill it up with :)
E89 2.0 SDrive MSport
Honda CB500F.
Gone but not forgotten E85 2.0 MSport

Mighty1

Post by Mighty1 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:46 pm

Checked on my sky account been member of sky for over 20yrs what they are offering is free installation still need to pay £199 for the box
Geoff :cry:
Previous
Z4 2.0 M sport
Porsche Boxster
SLk 3.5
MK1 Mx5
Currently z2.5 Auto exclusive Maldives blue

andysat
Lifer
Lifer

Post by andysat » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:52 pm

Aww ffs it did not say that in the paper!!
Gone but not forgotten.
New ride silver e93.

Mekon

Post by Mekon » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:48 am

I am a black member yesterday on my sky went to upgrades and ordered 2tb box and multi room box with fitting for free installed on the 17th :D I already have multi room so no extra a month either :thumbsup:
53 plate 3L sterling grey/black leather

TopDMC

Post by TopDMC » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:24 am

I've been with Sky pretty much since outset, however did leave them for a period of 2 months when they wouldn't give me a "deal" - obviously the deal followed when someone noticed that I left.

December last year they offered me Sky Q for no extra monthly cost, I did have to pay £199 for a 2tb box and an additional box for my bedroom. That also included installation which although pretty quick, did mean a Sky engineer coming out and a new multi LNB and a new dish. So pretty cheap really!

My monthly bill actually came down as I no longer pay extra for multi room. Best yet, I don't own the boxes so if anything goes wrong, they have to repair or replace. Some crazy people pay extra to have their boxes on a maintenance contract, so they would benefit more.

The only catch IMO is that I had to sign a new 18m contract; but as I love my sport, I would almost certainly be staying anyway.

Love the entire new system, especially the new touch remote which also has a voice button to find programs to watch.
:) Life's for living :)

obewan

Post by obewan » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:55 pm

Just phoned up to claim my free upgrade and was informed there was a 30 min queue :(
Followed the automated instructions, entered my details and as I was a 'VIP Black' the phone was then answered immediately :thumbsup:
Operator quickly sorted out the order and offered to see if they could save me more money.
'Here we go' I thought, they'll try to sell me something else at a reduced rate, but No.
Juggled the packages I had about a bit and saved me £11.50 a month - no loss of programs
Fair play :D
E89 2.0 SDrive MSport
Honda CB500F.
Gone but not forgotten E85 2.0 MSport