Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

GoPro Videos

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Jaw

GoPro Videos

Post by Jaw » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:02 pm

Finally got myself a gopro to play around with so am having fun editing a few vids (and because there are some seriously dodgy drivers on the road). Found out that behind the car the sound is ok :D

But anywhere else and it sucks due to wind noise :rofl: meaning the 20 mins shot from the side are scrapped.

Anyone out there caught any good vids that you wanna share for inspiration?
What gear do you use eg microphones, mounts etc?
Picked up a suction mount that grips like a grippy thing, Any issues with using the suction mount on paint etc?
Got a tripod which is solid enough.

Any other must haves? suprisingly theraputic to play about with! :)
Z4M Roadster - Gone but not forgotten
E92 M3 | 981 Boxster S | Corvette C4 | 996 911 Gemballa |XR8 | Whatever else is lurking in the garage

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

GoPro Videos

Post by mmm-five » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:41 pm

I had my GoPro suction mount on the rear wing during a whole day of National Meet driving.

Didn't fall off, nor did it cause any damage...although the area was cleaned with Meg's QD before I mounted it.

Which version GP did you get? My Hero 3+ Black is useless with an external mic if I need to control it wirelessly, as the microphone leads acts as a wireless aerial and creates audio interference (a regular clicking sound).

I originally bought one of these (Sony ECMDS30P.CE7 condensor stereo mic) to stick into the side of the GoPro, and then found out that it had been changed from a 3.5mm jack to a USB socket, and so needed an adapter lead.

Then I bought another (Sony ECM-CS3) as it was easier to clip/position in the car.

You'll probably do what I did, and end up with a box of random mounts, joints, extensions, housings, batteries (need at least 2 spare) & memory cards (again, at least one spare as they sometimes just stop working for a while).

Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options