Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Perfect Parking Space

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Lynchy
Lifer
Lifer

Perfect Parking Space

Post by Lynchy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:59 pm

[quote=cj10jeeper post_id=1455504 time=1502967063 user_id=78]
Thanks for the comments on the car :)

Parrot for a sit in is fair. If we can get out I'll run you up and down the road

Really :trampoline:

IRD

Perfect Parking Space

Post by IRD » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:55 pm

I'm just like you. We live near Lincoln and pick our car parking carefully when we go into the city. There are about half a dozen 'safe' places between two car parks. We even choose the time we arrive carefully because we know the quiet times. Luckily being retired we can be flexible I won't park unless I'm happy with the space. My daughter thinks I am sad old g.. She's right really. It's nice to know I'm not the only one.

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Perfect Parking Space

Post by RickRob » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:58 pm

Re home delvery for groceries, Ocado have one hour delivery slots and because they source from a warehouse that is linked to the website,mthey always deliver what you order.

I hate shops. It still amazes women how busy shopping malls are. Why go shopping when you could be washing/polishing/driving/admiring your Zed??
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Perfect Parking Space

Post by buzyg » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:11 pm

Perfect spot for the Jaaaaag. :D :thumbsup:

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Perfect Parking Space

Post by TitanTim » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:56 pm

ben g wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:12 pm
TitanTim wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:16 am Just do your supermarket shopping online and get it delivered, you can guarantee no matter how careful you are someone will go out of their way to crash into you. I avoid them like the plague now.

Tim.
Buy your shopping online and when the delivery driver turns up, he'll tell you they've substituted half your order with more expensive/inferior stuff/items with crap expiry dates.

Yeah...no thanks.
I always thought that but its a myth and anything you're not happy with they will take it back away and refund you. I think I've had 3 substitutes in the past 12 months I've been having the weekly shop delivered. I always tried to find the perfect parking spot at supermarkets but now its a thing of the past, don't know why I didn't do it sooner.

I know you can't always avoid damage etc but supermarkets tend to attract the dross in society who couldn't give a flying fcuk about your motor.

Tim.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Perfect Parking Space

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:23 am

I use my E46 for parking at supermarkets - in a 1 person household I don't buy enough to qualify for free delivery. :roll:

And having spent over 18 months delivering for a supermarket chain (thankfully on a part-time basis some years ago) it is a f:censored:g miserable job, especially when you worked evenings and the clocks had gone back!

The customers were usually great, but the store offered no support! You wonder why you get stupid substitutions, but the pickers got 36 minutes for each order and if they took longer than that the scanner on their cart would start beeping to tell them they had taken too long - hence you end up at someone's door offering Spam as a substitute for chorizo! (It must have been on the next shelf)! :lol:

Vans were hardly ever loaded when you arrived (but were supposed to be), passenger seats were removed to allow more load weight, deliveries were in one-hour slots and times were based on previous actual times so you basically had to drive quicker than the last few guys! (Not always easy with a 56 mph limiter, but you had to make it up in the corners). :lol:

You generally got 2 minutes "door time" which was postcode based - bad news when you had a 2nd floor flat with no lift, no accessible parking, plus a delivery of cat litter, bottled water and cans located in an area generally full of houses because that wouldn't justify a longer drop time.

The company sat-nav only found the street, not the house number so in the winter you'd be driving up the road using a torch (if the batteries worked, which they usually didn't - or the torch hadn't gone missing! I always took my own) looking for you destination! The team taking orders had up to date GPS locations but those trying to deliver only got those updates months later! New estates were a nightmare!

Then there would be people complaining about how you drove when they were getting in your way and management that you never met because they had gone home around the time you started working!

And you had the added joy of people who booked a delivery in a 1 hour slot but then chose to be out at that time, then chewed the ear off a call-centre operative who then shared their misery with a delivery driver who was by then miles from the "missing person". Or the tw*ts whose cards got declined because they were living beyond their means, but suddenly found a card that wasn't maxxed-out so you would have to go back to them, usually from miles away.

I did it short-term because it worked for me at the time, but please spare a thought for the poor b*gger who does your delivery for little more than minimum wage!

That was 5 years ago, but I doubt it has got any better! Rant over now! :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Perfect Parking Space

Post by enzed4 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:12 am

cj10jeeper wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:40 pm I hate supermarket car parks but my perfect slot is nearly always empty.
Why - because the same idiots that bang doors and bump when parking bare not park in it :)

Perfectly marked it limited with 3 solid posts and nothing near

IMG_4082.JPG

IMG_4083.JPG
LOL - tempted by the 'Tesco hand car wash £5' sign behind you, were you? I'm sure they give their dirty rags a shake before scouring your car with them... :rofl:
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Perfect Parking Space

Post by Ducklakeview » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:44 am

cj10jeeper wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:41 pm You haven't met mrs CJ and our family them... £150 is a quick shop
Sounds like Mrs DLV's twin! Thankfully, she HATES shopping with a passion, so pretty much all of ours is delivered.

Mike

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Perfect Parking Space

Post by MACK » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:16 am

I never understand those muppets you see that park an expensive vehicle like a knob blocking the carpark roads or more than one bay etc. It's their pride and joy but surely your asking to have it damaged by the folks you've pissed off.
No matter what I'm in I always park out of the way near nothing else. That way I'm easy to spot by the tw@t driving a battered 20 year old Nissan micra so he can always park right next to me and over the line into my bay! :rofl: :rofl: I can laugh about it now but this genuinely used to happen to me at our local tesco. Strangely never happened again once the micra driver came back to find his car surrounded by three trolleys. Can't think who would have done that! :oops:
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Perfect Parking Space

Post by Ducklakeview » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:20 am

MACK wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:16 am I never understand those muppets you see that park an expensive vehicle like a knob blocking the carpark roads or more than one bay etc. It's their pride and joy but surely your asking to have it damaged by the folks you've pissed off.
No matter what I'm in I always park out of the way near nothing else. That way I'm easy to spot by the tw@t driving a battered 20 year old Nissan micra so he can always park right next to me and over the line into my bay! :rofl: :rofl: I can laugh about it now but this genuinely used to happen to me at our local tesco. Strangely never happened again once the micra driver came back to find his car surrounded by three trolleys. Can't think who would have done that! :oops:
Naughty, but my best m8, the one with the C63 once came back to his car @ Costco to find it hemmed in so tight he had to climb through the window (A7 at the time) as revenge, he took great delight in cable tie-ing a trolley to the passenger doors of each of the cars that had hemmed him in, as they had parked with the NS close to him so they could get out. Unfortunately, he didn't hang around to see what happened. I would have parked away in the corner and had my phone filming :)

Mike

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Perfect Parking Space

Post by MACK » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:07 am

Ducklakeview wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:20 am
MACK wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:16 am I never understand those muppets you see that park an expensive vehicle like a knob blocking the carpark roads or more than one bay etc. It's their pride and joy but surely your asking to have it damaged by the folks you've pissed off.
Naughty, but my best m8, the one with the C63 once came back to his car @ Costco to find it hemmed in so tight he had to climb through the window (A7 at the time) as revenge, he took great delight in cable tie-ing a trolley to the passenger doors of each of the cars that had hemmed him in, as they had parked with the NS close to him so they could get out. Unfortunately, he didn't hang around to see what happened. I would have parked away in the corner and had my phone filming :)

Mike
To be fair to your mate Costco bays are like huge disabled bays, at least at the manchester one. If there like that elsewhere then they were seriously taking the piss hemming him in.
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

Steve84N

Perfect Parking Space

Post by Steve84N » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:22 am

I don't know which supermarkets people are referring to from both a customer and delivery driver POV but Waitrose seem to not have these issues. If you shop at a cheap store they will be running a cheap service, if you shop where they pride themselves on service it tends to be better. I don't mind if it's a little more expensive, Waitrose is the only store I have found to be staffed by humans rather than apes.
C63 AMG Estate 6208cc

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Perfect Parking Space

Post by cj10jeeper » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:50 am

On line with Sainsbury's and they are excellent. Stopped with Tesco ages ago, although there superstore has other things of use like free parking for the city :)
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Perfect Parking Space

Post by TitanTim » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:51 am

I'm with Tesco and not had any problems apart from their van breaking down a few times :lol: and then the other month when their online shopping system fell apart but redemened themselves with a 10 quid voucher. I wished M&S did home deliveries though.

Is this thread going slightly off topic :)

Tim.

Steve84N

Perfect Parking Space

Post by Steve84N » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:23 am

It's in the lounge, anything goes plus it started in a supermarket car park...
C63 AMG Estate 6208cc