Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Alpina v Z4MR v TVR Tuscan

Alpina Specific discussion
PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PerryGunn » Sun May 29, 2016 5:08 pm

Evo's comparison review from May 2006

http://www.evo.co.uk/tvr/tuscan/14195/b ... rikes-back
Alpina Roadster S #320
* Quaife ATB LSD * StrongStrut Braces * Turner RTAB Limiters * Gap-Tech RCH+ *
* Intravee & KCA-420i * Mini 0806 * Cheetah C550 * Stubby *

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sun May 29, 2016 5:17 pm

THey you go, the ///M is the best, might as well close this section down. :lol:

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Sun May 29, 2016 6:03 pm

:topicclosed:
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PerryGunn » Sun May 29, 2016 6:18 pm

srhutch wrote:THey you go, the ///M is the best, might as well close this section down. :lol:
Bing wrote: :topicclosed:
If you two can't behave, I'll have to ask Lynchy to have a word with you... and we all know what that word will be... don't we children?
Alpina Roadster S #320
* Quaife ATB LSD * StrongStrut Braces * Turner RTAB Limiters * Gap-Tech RCH+ *
* Intravee & KCA-420i * Mini 0806 * Cheetah C550 * Stubby *

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sun May 29, 2016 7:22 pm

PerryGunn wrote:
srhutch wrote:THey you go, the ///M is the best, might as well close this section down. :lol:
Bing wrote: :topicclosed:
If you two can't behave, I'll have to ask Lynchy to have a word with you... and we all know what that word will be... don't we children?
He can f@uk right off.

Lynchy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Lynchy » Sun May 29, 2016 7:24 pm

:o :rofl:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Sun May 29, 2016 9:34 pm

I've missed something. :?

Mean while back at the thread. I thought long and hard about both Tuscan & Mazer Spyder, when I bought the ///M. Confident the Zed was the right choice. Chances are the other two would had large bills before now and that tends to effect the ownership experience. :D

Darren Slone
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Darren Slone » Sun May 29, 2016 10:48 pm

When I was looking for a car to replace my 911 I wanted a soft top, I had my Alpina D3BT at the time and was considering either a Boxster S or Alpina Roadster, leaning towards the Alpina, i googled and came across this article, until then I didn't know there was a Z4MR, basesd on this review I bought my car :driving: :thumbsup:

Current Porsche Cayman S 987.1

Now sold - Imola Z4MC

Now sold - Silver Grey Z4MC
OEM CSL’s, Supersprint, Gruppe M, Eibachs, Carbon Roof, carbon rear spoiler,,

Now sold - My other Z
‘71 Datsun 240Z imported from West Coast USA

LeeZ4MR
Lifer
Lifer

Post by LeeZ4MR » Mon May 30, 2016 1:14 am

All cracking motors :thumbsup: but a TVR always sucks me in because of its performance/noise :driving:

I think if I hadn't have had a TVR before my Z4M I would have fell completely in love with it...but I just kept comparing mine to the TVR and apart from reliability the TVR wins hands down for me.
Current...BMW F82 M4 Coupe 2018
370Z Roadster 2011
Merc GLE400d 2022
Caterham 7 2002

Previous...
640d 2012
330i 2006
Z4MR 2006
E92 M3 2009
X5 4.8iS 2004
TVR Cerbera 4.5

griffnut

Post by griffnut » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:40 pm

Hi LeeZ4MR,

I totally agree with you, TVR's win hands down. I have previously owned a Z3M roadster (bought the car for the ease of an electric roof), the car looked the part and the right-up about the the car read well - way back in 2002! But the car felt gutless and boring, compared to a TVR.

JAD

Post by JAD » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:24 pm

griffnut wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:40 pm Hi LeeZ4MR,

I totally agree with you, TVR's win hands down. I have previously owned a Z3M roadster (bought the car for the ease of an electric roof), the car looked the part and the right-up about the the car read well - way back in 2002! But the car felt gutless and boring, compared to a TVR.
Having had a friend pick up a Cerbera a few weekends ago, I am now looking into them too. Chimaera's seem to be the best port of call!

Joycey

Post by Joycey » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:42 pm

I sold my Cerbera last year to buy my current coupe, you cant beat that V8 burble and looks, It was the reliability that got to me. The shear power of that 4.5 scared me to death I don't think I would ever own a car that fast again.

stevespg

Post by stevespg » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:53 pm

having had 3 tvr and now 2 z....as an all round weekend away car, the ease of use of the zM is compelling, and out handle the TVR easily.

The v8 engine in the cerb is quick, but not really torquey. that engine didnt get into other cars unless a special -
straight 6 - fast, screams and loves to rev,, explosive unless its a later or reworked one. tuscans etc look great still. some early T cars (Tamora/tuscan/sagaris/t350) handled less well than later ones. I had a tamora, which was pretty good. fitted a v8 Ls engine, which was a blast.
earlier v8 rover based cars, (griff/chim) very easy to use, but handling was notably less than one would wish for. i had a griff which was a timeless look.

as a car to go screaming round twists for 1/2 day, white knuckled. the TVR always made me smile.
Z4 3.0si - gone
Z4MR - gone
E89 35i - gone

Wildfire

Post by Wildfire » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:14 pm

I've had 2 TVR's an S3 when I was 21 and then my Griff whish I've had since I was 23. It doesn't get out much these days (mainly because there is a Z4C and 2 bikes in the way). But the sense of drama I that a TVR brings can never be beaten. I love my Z4C and the effortless way it does everything, but to me it is a bit like another big engine BMW. Which in some ways is a good thing. In others it isn't.

I can get into it and drive come what may, the TVR needs a bit more thought. That said my Z4 cost me more in the first year than the TVR has in the 13 years I've had it and that's just in repairs.

I've toyed with the idea of another TVR instead of the Z4, but the Z4 is a daily drive and lives outside. It gets taken care of, but is still the work horse and I couldn't bring myself to do that to another TVR.

A bit like my MV Agusta and Ducati Monster 821. I could afford another MV to use as my commuter bike, but the Ducati does it so much better and is 85% there.

A bit like my MV
2007 3.0si Coupe, LED interior lights, Stubby, ZHP, AC Schnitzers, 15mm spacers on the rear. 1993 Modified Pre-Cat TVR Griffith, Ducati Monster 821, MV Agusta F3 675

dan yeates

Post by dan yeates » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:41 pm

Wildfire wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:14 pm I've had 2 TVR's an S3 when I was 21 and then my Griff whish I've had since I was 23. It doesn't get out much these days (mainly because there is a Z4C and 2 bikes in the way). But the sense of drama I that a TVR brings can never be beaten. I love my Z4C and the effortless way it does everything, but to me it is a bit like another big engine BMW. Which in some ways is a good thing. In others it isn't.

I can get into it and drive come what may, the TVR needs a bit more thought. That said my Z4 cost me more in the first year than the TVR has in the 13 years I've had it and that's just in repairs.

I've toyed with the idea of another TVR instead of the Z4, but the Z4 is a daily drive and lives outside. It gets taken care of, but is still the work horse and I couldn't bring myself to do that to another TVR.

A bit like my MV Agusta and Ducati Monster 821. I could afford another MV to use as my commuter bike, but the Ducati does it so much better and is 85% there.

A bit like my MV
I agree with the above. Best to have one of each! :) :evil:
ex-BMW Z4 M Roadster in Monaco Blue ** BMW M135i ** Mercedes AMG GT S