Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Anyone know this Alpina

Alpina Specific discussion
PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Anyone know this Alpina

Post by PerryGunn » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:43 am

AlienZed wrote:Yeh its a sytner warranty, on the service 3 were bmw, and another 2 or 3, by some garage , thats the only thing that is making me ultra cautious, hence i started this thread in the hope something may turn up , I have a copy of their warranty which I have been scrutinising,
On the + side theres 6 mnths to find any faults, as opposed to buying private,
Having said all this ive yet to drive it,
M
This may be why they initially advertised the car at £17k and then, once they realised that they couldn't AUC it, quickly dropped it to £15k5. This doesn't mean it's a bad car, just that it doesn't meet the AUC requirements.

At this age a lot of cars will have moved from main-dealer servicing to indys so it might be worth checking out the garages that performed the non-BMW services as they might be decent independents - the quality of the garage used for servicing should be a good indication of how 'cherished' the car was by its previous owner(s)

There are a number of nice looking cars on the Alpina Market Watch thread - I've sent you a PM about one of them :thumbsup:
Alpina Roadster S #320
* Quaife ATB LSD * StrongStrut Braces * Turner RTAB Limiters * Gap-Tech RCH+ *
* Intravee & KCA-420i * Mini 0806 * Cheetah C550 * Stubby *