Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Alpina Roadster Parts needed!

Alpina Specific discussion
SkiNNeR

Post by SkiNNeR » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:02 pm

Needing a load of parts for my car now... needing, front undertray plastics, the entire nearside wheel plastics, Brake pressure sensors i think are on the blink, Dam airbag light is always on, my electric roof motor slowly died, both cup holders broken. Front splitter is ruined... might just replace the front bumper with a standard one without the splitter. I plan to keep the car but its a nightmare in Edinburgh as the roads are shocking. New handbrake lever needed as the ratchet is gone and has been like that since i got the car. Drop links, the rear handbrake shoe i think has disintigrated and making a lot of noise. New pads front and rear.

Not a happy bunny tbh :(

Can anyone recommend where to find used car parts.. i've tried a few bmw ones and having no luck. Obv some of these need to replaced with new bits. brakes etc

Cheers
2004 Z4 3.0i SE, Titanium Silver, -15mm Eibachs, EBC discs & Pads

85genius

Post by 85genius » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:50 am

There's a bloke in eBay who breaks Zeds, suspension part just upgrade and roofmotor have a word with Dave in Durham
Audi quattro driver :o
NOW SOLD - Ruby Black 3.0 SI Roadster :(
Previous - E85 2.5 Ti Silver - See avatar photo - R.I.P Destroyed by a Tranny

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PerryGunn » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:28 am

Apart from the front splitter, I think that everything else that you mention is a standard E85 part so should be easy to source new or from eBay/breakers etc.

Roof motor - there's a couple of threads on here about relocation/reviving a dead motor

Decent Indy should be able to turn off the airbag light - unless there's an actual airbag fault, the chances are that the airbag has been unplugged at some point without disconnecting the battery first

One thing I don't understand is that, if you've got a permanent airbag light and the handbrake ratchet has never worked, how have you been able to get it through MOTs?
Alpina Roadster S #320
* Quaife ATB LSD * StrongStrut Braces * Turner RTAB Limiters * Gap-Tech RCH+ *
* Intravee & KCA-420i * Mini 0806 * Cheetah C550 * Stubby *

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by GuidoK » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:43 am

If you're willing to go with the stock z4 bumper (with less overhang) that should be easy to source in your car's colour and reasonable nick as a lot of people change their front bumpers to aerobumpers or /m bumpers. Just keep an eye on ebay etc.
But I wouldnt do that tbh.

Broken handbrake lever is a dodgy problem I think? (never heard from that on a z4)
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | fully polybushed | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs Race Engineering clutch

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markeg » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:29 pm

I'm with Perry - apart from the splitter everything is standard E85, so should be a number of breakers that can supply (or eBay, .co.uk and .de). The handbrake ratchet issue sounds a bit strange - lots of handbrake turns and no release button pressed, perhaps?

btw - your signature needs changing :)
previous: Alpina Roadster S, #108: gone
current: MB C-class
"veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around..."