Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Air filter and spark plugs?

Alpina Specific discussion
toledo

Post by toledo » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:02 pm

Hi Alpinaheads

I want to change the spark plugs and air filter on my Roadster but I'm not finding it easy to work out exactly which spark plugs and air filter I need to buy. Can anyone help?

When I search online for an air filter a "Pipercross" one comes up but I'm presuming this is not the same as OEM would be. Also would be interested to know if anyone has tried something like a GruppeM setup or got any opinions on them? Always up for anything that gives me a bit more noise but don't want to damage the engine.

Many thanks for any help you can give.

Sean

sw4nny

Post by sw4nny » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:24 am

Try going on the ecp site and put your reg number in it should give you some options.
Also try realoem for info :thumbsup:
E85 3.oi titan silver,Maldives blue E85 3.0i gone but not forgotten

toledo

Post by toledo » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:40 am

sw4nny wrote:Try going on the ecp site and put your reg number in it should give you some options.
Also try realoem for info :thumbsup:
Thanks mate, will give it a go. Hopefully the Alpina VIN will work because a lot of sites just seem to come up with "2005 BMW" when I use the reg or don't recognise the Alpina VIN. If I use the original BMW VIN they just think the cars a standard 3.0 Zed.

Cheers :thumbsup:

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markeg » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:57 pm

Your local BMW dealer can tell you the part number - else give Sopers a ring (01522 690000) and tell them you're looking for a quote and part number for both. They also offer the forum discount if you decide to go with them.

For extra noise, its pretty limited. I've tried the piper cross, gave a little more raspiness but not much, so I soon discarded it. If you're after a GruppeM or Eventuri type roar, I haven't heard of either having a fitment for the Alpina engine (S52B32) intake, let alone the remap.
previous: Alpina Roadster S, #108: gone
current: MB C-class
"veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around..."

toledo

Post by toledo » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:05 pm

markeg wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:57 pm Your local BMW dealer can tell you the part number - else give Sopers a ring (01522 690000) and tell them you're looking for a quote and part number for both. They also offer the forum discount if you decide to go with them.

For extra noise, its pretty limited. I've tried the piper cross, gave a little more raspiness but not much, so I soon discarded it. If you're after a GruppeM or Eventuri type roar, I haven't heard of either having a fitment for the Alpina engine (S52B32) intake, let alone the remap.
Thanks markeg! Went for OEM in the end - Mahle LX343 air filter, NGK BKR6EQUP plugs, cleaned out the airbox and a quick clean of the MAF sensor with this stuff: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Liqui-Moly-Sen ... af+cleaner

Idle definitely smoother and less lumpy now :)