Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Competition Rules

Post your Z4 pictures! See sticky post at the top for details of the photo competition.
Z4WAM

Re: Competition Rules

Post by Z4WAM » Wed May 20, 2009 6:54 am

Under NO circumstances will we tolerate vote manipulation.[/quote]

Well then, I guess my relatives and coworkers had no reason to join the forum after all.

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Wed May 20, 2009 8:04 am

Z4WAM wrote:Under NO circumstances will we tolerate vote manipulation.
Well then, I guess my relatives and coworkers had no reason to join the forum after all.[/quote]

If they were going to join just to vote for you, then that is correct :thumbsup:
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

mrklaw

Post by mrklaw » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:21 am

IK. wrote:I think it would actually be quite a good idea if the photos had to be taken in the previous month. Would get some interesting photos then, I think.
yeah, agreed. Is there no rule about when the photo was taken at all? Maybe we could have an 'archive' month for all your best 'old' photos and then move onto to recent shots.
Z4 3.0si Sport Coupe, Auto, Montego Blue, Aluminium Dash, 108's, Heated M-sport Seats, Comfort Pack, Hi-fi upgrade

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by WLH » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:09 pm

mrklaw wrote:
IK. wrote:I think it would actually be quite a good idea if the photos had to be taken in the previous month. Would get some interesting photos then, I think.
yeah, agreed. Is there no rule about when the photo was taken at all? Maybe we could have an 'archive' month for all your best 'old' photos and then move onto to recent shots.
Correct, there is no rule about when the photo is taken as that would be very difficult if not impossible to verify.
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos

AlanJ
Lifer
Lifer

Post by AlanJ » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:10 pm

sp3ctre wrote:In order to keep a level paying field I am going to define some rules for the photo competitions.

One entry per person
The car in the picture must belong to you (or wife/gf etc)
Please make images < 1024 width
Photos must be unique (i.e. no re-submissions)
Photoshop alterations ARE allowed in general. There may be months where we have a non-photoshop comp though, so watch out.

Now for the important bit...

Under NO circumstances will we tolerate vote manipulation. If entrants are found to have posted on forums (here or elsewhere) asking for people to "help them", then they will be disqualified. It is not fair and we will not allow it on the forum.
Such rules are normally introduced because somebody has been found..... cheating! SP3CTRE whats been going on?
///M tri colour steering wheel, mud flaps and loads of other extras! ZHP illuminated gear lever..... Pre Purchase Checks,Getting the Best out of Dealers http://www.bmwz4roadster.net

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:20 pm

AlanJ wrote:
Such rules are normally introduced because somebody has been found..... cheating! SP3CTRE whats been going on?
LOL, that was written a long time ago... water under the bridge ;)
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

GuigaKnop

Post by GuigaKnop » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:40 pm

How can I upload my Z4 photo?
Sorry, bu I didnt understand the system

Bad_Pritt

Post by Bad_Pritt » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:20 pm

Beats,

Your pic is pretty good, must be the first one I've seen from that angle :thumbsup:

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by WLH » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:34 am

Rule Addition:
Z4-Forum Calendar Competition

The Z4-Forum annual calendar will consist of 1st place monthly contest winners from November to October. Please keep the following in mind when choosing your photos for the monthly competitions.

All photos submitted must be LANDSCAPE format (HORIZONTAL orientation) and have an original available without a border that is a minimum of 5 (five) megapixels (about 1900 by 2700 pixels). This will ensure a decent size and quality picture for the calendar that can be cropped and resized as required to fit the calendar format.

Remember the picture must be taken by you and the picture must contain your Z4. No pictures of scale models Z-4's.

If your entry wins the monthly contest you will receive a PM asking for you to e-mail or otherwise provide the original image within a few days after the voting closes. Once your high res image is received it will be stored on the Z4-Forum server until needed for the following years calendar. If for any reason you are unable to provide the required image in the time allowed or do not respond to our request your picture will be disqualified for the calendar. At the sole discretion of the forum administrator a picture my be disqualified for the calendar for any reason.

Franzino

Post by Franzino » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:35 pm

sp3ctre wrote: Remember the picture must be taken by you and the picture must contain your Z4. No pictures of scale models Z-4's.
So this rule will exclude every driving picture and so there are no pictures of moving Z4's for this competition? You can not drive your own Z4 and take a picture of the outside of your car at the same time.. That's a pity :(

This will exclude some great "driving" pictures!

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by WLH » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:39 pm

Franzino wrote:So this rule will exclude every driving picture and so there are no pictures of moving Z4's for this competition? You can not drive your own Z4 and take a picture of the outside of your car at the same time.. That's a pity :(

It's a photo contest about the pictures that the board member takes and not a contest of how great a picture someone else can take of you driving your car.

Those great driving pictures that someone else takes of you can be posted in the Gallery for all to enjoy but you can't win a contest when someone else takes the picture for you...

Franzino

Post by Franzino » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:51 pm

WLH wrote:
Franzino wrote:So this rule will exclude every driving picture and so there are no pictures of moving Z4's for this competition? You can not drive your own Z4 and take a picture of the outside of your car at the same time.. That's a pity :(

It's a photo contest about the pictures that the board member takes and not a contest of how great a picture someone else can take of you driving your car.

Those great driving pictures that someone else takes of you can be posted in the Gallery for all to enjoy but you can't win a contest when someone else takes the picture for you...
No problem… I was just pointing out that this means there will be only pictures of Z4's that are not moving.

So how do you explain the winner of may 2013. Is someone else driving his car or did he train a bird to take the picture :wink:

http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52099

34. tomscott

jaRED

Post by jaRED » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:15 pm

Tom's dad is driving the car
The rule has always been in place - I took a great photo of Guiseley's car but didn't submit it due to the rules (shame cos me taking a good photo is a very rare event)
Redzed coupe gone but not forgotten :? , Lotus Evora providing the smiles now :driving:

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by WLH » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:31 pm

You can have someone else drive your car as was mentioned above. Also, a remote control release can be used as well and I believe that has been done as well. I tried using a remote release myself last summer and was never happy enough with the results to enter the picture.

Franzino

Post by Franzino » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:32 pm

jaRED wrote:Tom's dad is driving the car
Mystery solved :)