Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

nfbr's 2007 Ruby Black Z4 Coupé! Blog/Build-Thread

Post your Z4 pictures! See sticky post at the top for details of the photo competition.
nfbr

Re: My 2007 Ruby Black Z4 Coupé! Diary/Blog/Build Thread

Post by nfbr » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:50 pm

ben g wrote:Love those brakes! Bet they were a few bob. Cars coming along nicely. Front splitter is cool and doesn't look aftermarket, which is good. Wheels also look great.
Thanks Ben :) Not sure what more I can do to it now really. I'd love to do Aero Skirts and an 'M' bonnet but I'm a little scared of having bodywork done due to some horrific results I've seen in the past :( Stage 1 software will be done at some point I think. I'll probably speak to the guys over at Ecotune as they really are at the top of the game when it comes to BMW mapping.

Every time I see the splitter now, I love it even more! It just looks as if it's meant to be there which is exactly what I'd intended!
ChrisN53 wrote:Huge garage envy! Would love to have somewhere like that to work! New discs look great, and front splitter really suits it!
Thanks Chris, It really is such a bonus working in that place and having an Owner and Director who are happy for us to do our own stuff there out of hours! A real perk of the job!

nfbr

Post by nfbr » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:08 pm

Since I didn't really put any decent pics up of the car with the new wheels on, here's a couple more until I get a chance to get out in some good weather with the DSLR :)

Sorry for the car being so mucky and the wheels being so covered in brake dust at this point...

DPG
Lifer
Lifer

Post by DPG » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:19 pm

Looking good

nfbr

Post by nfbr » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:54 pm

Your signature is making me wish I didn't have a paint phobia... Really really want aero skirts, really really don't want paint problems :(

StigJ

Post by StigJ » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:48 am

Very nice wheels :thumbsup:
Hellrot '06 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si
Instagram: @StigJ77 & @bmwe86driver

bmwZ

Post by bmwZ » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:54 am

Very nice thread and car mr :)
Why do you have pre-facelift headlamp on a facelift car? Have you changed them?

nfbr

Post by nfbr » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:38 pm

StigJ wrote:Very nice wheels :thumbsup:
Thanks StigJ!
bmwZ wrote:Very nice thread and car mr :)
Why do you have pre-facelift headlamp on a facelift car? Have you changed them?
Thanks man!
Um, I'm not too sure. To be fair, I thought all 3.0si models came with these headlamps unless they were spec'd up with the Bi-Xenons?
I could be wrong though.

I like em' anyway :)

Edit:
Aren't these the pre-facelift lamps?

bmwZ

Post by bmwZ » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:53 pm

That is also a pre face with amber indicators. It was possible to get white indicators from 2004 on pre face.

This is the facelift headlamp, you can see the difference! And the facelift has the inner halo ring :)

nfbr

Post by nfbr » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:14 pm

That's the Bi-Xenon though. My car was never spec'd with Xenons from the factory. Just the Halogens.
I checked the "replacement" part number for the left headlamp by chassis number with the BMW dealer this afternoon and it's the same as the number stamped on the headlamp itself so I'm fairly confident they are the original lamps.

nfbr

Post by nfbr » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:50 pm

Went out for a bit of a drive late on this afternoon before heading over to see my parents :

Must say I do love the Saddleworth area where I was brought up.

Taz will probably recognise where I was from this image...

Ed Doe

Post by Ed Doe » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:41 am

Lovely photos - the car looks great!

How do you find the ride with the 19s and eibachs? I'm umming and aahing about 19s - I'm more interested in how the car drives though and don't want to lose compliance over bumper roads....
Carbon Black '07 M Coupe: Intrax 1k2 Coilovers, AP-Racing, Raybestos ST45s, Tillets, Schroth, Vibratechnic, Apex EC7, Strongstrut, Eventuri, H&S, RTD, 4.1FD :evil:
Silver Grey '06 3.0si Coupe - SOLD :(

Wyldie85

Post by Wyldie85 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:04 pm

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Love it - the wheels look fantastic and really suit the car.
I really like the front splitter as well. Like others have said, it doesnt look aftermarket and finishes it off a treat. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
2006 Silver grey 2.5si Convertible - Sold
2006 ///M Convertible - Sold
2019 Mercedes C300 AMG Line Premium Plus Estate
2019 San Francisco red M40i inc Tech & Comfort packs

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:13 pm

I'm enjoying this thread, wheels look the business - nice exhaust and brake disc mods too. Car looks superb :thumbsup:
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

nfbr

Post by nfbr » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:42 pm

RausDan wrote:That is a great colour
Thank you :)
Ed Doe wrote:Lovely photos - the car looks great!

How do you find the ride with the 19s and eibachs? I'm umming and aahing about 19s - I'm more interested in how the car drives though and don't want to lose compliance over bumper roads....
Thanks Ed,
It's good to be fair! The Eibach's improved the ride quality on their own, but going onto the 19"s and opting for a non-RFT (Goodyear Eagle F1) has improved it again! The car is quieter, slightly nicer steering feel and doesn't have the bad habit of pulling you all over the road at lower speeds like it used to!
Wyldie85 wrote::thumbsup: :thumbsup: Love it - the wheels look fantastic and really suit the car.
I really like the front splitter as well. Like others have said, it doesnt look aftermarket and finishes it off a treat. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Cheers! I thought long and hard about the wheels and I'm so glad I braved it in the end!
The only downside is it turns a lot of heads which isn't really my thing, but it's just fantastic to drive :)
Marlon wrote:I'm enjoying this thread, wheels look the business - nice exhaust and brake disc mods too. Car looks superb :thumbsup:
Ta man! I'm probably gonna go for a custom made exhaust within a year or so once I'm happy with the house I reckon, but for the time being, it makes all the right sounds to put a smile on my face :)

Private plate went on today too which I'm happy about. Finally got the DVLA to sort out the colour mix up.
Wonder how many other Ruby Black cars were registered as "Red" on their V5c's.

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jamie_z4 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:22 pm

Such a beautiful car & colour, just exactly the mods/maintainance i like to see :)
18 Z4s owned to date.

Current: 2.5i Titan silver

Daily driver: 480bhp M140i Shadow edition.