Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

My Winter Project - That got out of Hand!

Post your Z4 pictures! See sticky post at the top for details of the photo competition.
Bing
Legend
Legend

Re: My Winter Project - That got out of Hand!

Post by Bing » Sun May 03, 2015 10:26 pm

Yep, I've been zooming in on Mr Wilks' sig pic to try and see how it looks as my car is the same colour as his... Not too handy at this sort of stuff though. I guess there's a first time for everything :D
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

john-z4

Post by john-z4 » Sun May 03, 2015 10:34 pm

Hi Bing. Yeah, know what Mr Wilks means, it does look nice on silver or grey cars. Did it on mine when it was previously silver. Wrapping is fiddly but can be done.
2.5i Roadster, Pearl Sunburst Orange, Angel Eyes, M Bumper, M steering wheel, 19" AVA Memphis alloys, Eibachs , 3.0i Brakes, Orange Calipers, Quad exhaust, Custom rear bumper, Rx8 seats, Facelift rear lights, + More. All mods homemade.

aquazi
Lifer
Lifer

Post by aquazi » Sun May 03, 2015 10:34 pm

Wow thats in some amazing work... The fact you are not a pro sprayer too... Well done op.

john-z4

Post by john-z4 » Sun May 03, 2015 10:36 pm

aquazi wrote:Wow thats in some amazing work... The fact you are not a pro sprayer too... Well done op.
Thanks for your comments. No, not a pro-sprayer. Garage hasn't even got heating. But I have been playing around with cars & bikes for a long time, being and old-fogey now!
2.5i Roadster, Pearl Sunburst Orange, Angel Eyes, M Bumper, M steering wheel, 19" AVA Memphis alloys, Eibachs , 3.0i Brakes, Orange Calipers, Quad exhaust, Custom rear bumper, Rx8 seats, Facelift rear lights, + More. All mods homemade.

john-z4

Post by john-z4 » Sun May 03, 2015 10:38 pm

Have now managed to add a couple of interior pics, which shows I can sew as well.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Sun May 03, 2015 10:39 pm

Bing wrote:Yep, I've been zooming in on Mr Wilks' sig pic to try and see how it looks as my car is the same colour as his... Not too handy at this sort of stuff though. I guess there's a first time for everything :D
Here you go Allan , , save you squinting :D

3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

jimbo1958
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jimbo1958 » Sun May 03, 2015 10:43 pm

john-z4 wrote:
jimbo1958 wrote:Seen this in the flesh today and it's a beaut.
Superb attention to detail including the custom cutouts in the rear bumper with all the work carried out by John.
If you Zoom in on the interior pic you'll see that all the stitching to the interior components have all been redone in Orange, again all done by John.
Also the back of the RX8 seats have been sprayed to match the body.
This truly is a one off Zed that has been built, not bought and the workmanship is a credit to you John.
It was great meeting up with you and the wife again today John and look forward to seeing you both at the National. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the comments Jimbo.
I did try putting pics of the interior, but they didn't come out for some reason. I'll trying putting some more pics on. I'm better with cars than computers!
If we don't see you anywhere before, see you at the National.
Cheers John......glad you decided to post some pics. Deserves to be seen and appreciated. :thumbsup:
Z4 e85 3.0 - GONE
Z4 e89 35i - GONE
Jaguar F Type V6s Roadster :driving:
Abarth 695 Rivale :driving:

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Sun May 03, 2015 10:55 pm

mr wilks wrote:
Bing wrote:Yep, I've been zooming in on Mr Wilks' sig pic to try and see how it looks as my car is the same colour as his... Not too handy at this sort of stuff though. I guess there's a first time for everything :D
Here you go Allan , , save you squinting :D
Cheers Andy :thumbsup:

I like that. Might be asking advice sometime :D
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

alane29

Post by alane29 » Sun May 03, 2015 11:00 pm

Seen this car today too ,really good work and the paint job is excellent couldn't believe it was done at home ,Also the stitching on the seats ,gear lever gator etc are excellent .Well done :thumbsup:
2007 E86 M Coupe
2005 E85 2.5SE

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markplant » Mon May 04, 2015 5:56 am

Lovin your work,
Did the battery box need relocating to get the m3 back box in.
:thumbsup:
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

Stu Boy

Post by Stu Boy » Mon May 04, 2015 6:23 am

I saw this zed yesterday too and the quality of the work inside and out is excellent :thumbsup:

Is there anything that you are actually not very good at? :idunno:
2007 Z4 ///M Roadster, Black Sapphire, Nav, Deflector, Eibach's, Bilstein B6's, OEM CSL's 6 Pot BMW Performance Calipers

si-forks
Lifer
Lifer

Post by si-forks » Mon May 04, 2015 6:57 am

Wow that's some winter project :thumbsup: the Z looks amazing top job
Where have you been hiding!! don't think there is anything I don't like about your Z has to be one of my top 5 Zs on the forum superb work and a real credit to you :thumbsup:
E85 Z4R 3.0si 2006 current:
Audi A3 saloon TFSI DD
Harley Davidson FLH 1969

john-z4

Post by john-z4 » Mon May 04, 2015 7:32 am

To answer a couple of questions, the battery box is still in situ. Did look at fitting an M3 back box but its physically too big to fit under, so used a smaller Magnaflow silencer & then a cross pipe behind the bumper to the right-hand exhaust tips.

Yeah, there are plenty of things I can't do......ask the wife, she'll give you a long list!!

Thanks guys, really appreciate everyone's comments. I've been lurking in the background, & gathering ideas to do my own Z.

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Mon May 04, 2015 10:09 am

Saw this at Duxford and told John to get done pictures up.

This is a unique Z4, and it gets driven.

Simple things like re stitching the door cards and gaiters with contrasting thread is so simple but so brilliant.

Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Z4M-2006 » Mon May 04, 2015 10:16 am

Really is a great looking car...

Lovely mods, well executed.... My hat goes off to you