Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Project Z - update pics page 3 road trip Spa and Ring

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Bumpy

Re: Project Z

Post by Bumpy » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:30 pm

A man and his rims ...
Looks good !
It's all about personal choice and
I expect those from the "Gotta Be All Black or Naught" camp would be reeling back in horror. :evil:
I say - It's only paint people!

Cheers and welcome.
Looking forward to your next mod adventure.

Bumpy

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flybobbie » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:53 pm

Funny how people have different tastes.
I suppose it explains why fat girls get shag***!

hiltonfa

Post by hiltonfa » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:32 am

Theivz wrote:
hiltonfa wrote:Went ahead and got myself a set of Calibre GT-R rims, as you say they loose there definition in the gun metal colour, thinking of having them done in AW to match the car, still undecided. Love the aggressive look of the rims :D
wow they actually looks really good in contrast to the white car and goes well with mirrors.... but yes i think white will look much better :D

love that rear dish too :evil:

have you spaced them? is yours lowered? rims with your ride height looks much better than my current 4x4 height lol
Had the lips done in a diamond finish with a clear coat sprayed on as protection, wasn't brave enough to go with the AW :D

Close up of the wheel when I got home in the pouring rain, this is supposed to be sunny South Africa

A couple in the sun a few days later, please excuse the crappy phone pics

Theivz

Post by Theivz » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:45 am

wow looks fantastic. look at that dish :drool:

lighter colours make such a difference :thumbsup:

Theivz

Post by Theivz » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:45 am

you should do a build thread hiltonfa - car deserves its own thread for sure!

hiltonfa

Post by hiltonfa » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:06 am

Theivz wrote:you should do a build thread hiltonfa - car deserves its own thread for sure!
Thanks Theivz, sorry about the thread jack, it was not my intention :thumbsup: I've been looking for this design rim for a long time, could not get them here in SA :headbang: so ended up importing a set from BM Auto Sport in the UK.

Nismo

Post by Nismo » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:15 am

Another fan of dished alloys here - those look lush hiltonfa, big thumbs up :thumbsup:

envy

Post by envy » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:01 pm

hiltonfa wrote:Image
looks stunning. the offset and drop is perfect. good job :thumbsup:

Theivz

Post by Theivz » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:01 pm

hiltonfa wrote:
Theivz wrote:you should do a build thread hiltonfa - car deserves its own thread for sure!
Thanks Theivz, sorry about the thread jack, it was not my intention :thumbsup: I've been looking for this design rim for a long time, could not get them here in SA :headbang: so ended up importing a set from BM Auto Sport in the UK.
dont be silly lol. ur car deserves its own build thread for sure! Mark at BM autosport is a great guy - very knowledgeable too. i've had mine for a few years - no cracks etc and these were on my touring when i went round the ring too

hiltonfa

Post by hiltonfa » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:29 am

Theivz wrote:
hiltonfa wrote:
dont be silly lol. ur car deserves its own build thread for sure! Mark at BM autosport is a great guy - very knowledgeable too. i've had mine for a few years - no cracks etc and these were on my touring when i went round the ring too
I dealt with Carrie at BM autosport, as they would not ship to SA, I had to arrange everything from my side, Carrie was very helpful throughout the process. I'm just happy I've finally managed to get a set :D

Theivz

Project Z

Post by Theivz » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:40 am

Sorry for the long gap in posting or updating this thread. Life has been a bit manic. So after doing a few mods a group of car enthusiasts called URBAN RACERS headed to Spa and the Ring last summer (see pics below). Amazing trip and thoroughly recommended - especially Spa! We had the pleasure of meeting Chris Harris at Pistenklause pub by the ring - genuinely nice bloke. He was racing the following day but was nice enough to have a quick chat and take a pic. There are a couple of pics of my car on the ring (just trying to survive and get some nice pics :D ). Hope you like :driving: