Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Project Z - update pics page 3 road trip Spa and Ring

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
NeilP

Re: Project Z

Post by NeilP » Wed May 20, 2015 3:41 pm

Excited to see where this goes!

:D

Theivz

Post by Theivz » Thu May 21, 2015 7:33 pm

hiltonfa wrote:Cars looking good, like the calibre rims thinking of getting a set, you mention using 15mm spacers in the rear and 12mm in the front, assuming the standard offset of the rims are 35mm this would mean you are now at 20mm rear and 23mm front offset. I think once you lower the car you going have to adjust the rear spacer to avoid rubbing. Looking forward to your progress.
cheers! i think you're right. they're pretty far out on the rear. allowing for factory max camber and arch rolling i still think im going to have to go down to 12mm or more. i luckily have a spare pair of 12mm and no faffing with grinding bolts due to stud conversion. thought i would chuck on 15s for now as no immediate plans to lower car... i love the calibre gtrs due to the volk racing/varrstoen style but deeper dish esp on rear 8) but i think the original dark grey loses the definition ... so i thought id go cream - as my tourer had cream leather ... still not sold ont he colour on this car but lets see...

Theivz

Post by Theivz » Thu May 21, 2015 7:41 pm

Maniac wrote:IMHO the e89 styling doesn't take to this kind of modification. Its not for me, I think it makes the car look like a toy and is something I'd expect to see on someone's Civic.
fair enough mate thanks for your honesty. my taste is definitely "marmite" :evil: ... i think it will look better "done" :D

speaking of civics have you seen the new type r :drool:

my wifes old car was a bit more civicky
quad exhaust - not subtle :wink:

Theivz

Post by Theivz » Thu May 21, 2015 7:43 pm

Bradders75 wrote:
Theivz wrote:highlight was getting it into Fast and Furious 6 when they're were filming in London :driving:

Very cool! Hope the hottie on the right wasn't wearing rings though?! :D
lol. she probably was :headbang: but worse still they all got in the car between takes as it was sooo cold that November night sub zero! bloody heel marks on the leather everywhere :telloff:

Theivz

Post by Theivz » Thu May 21, 2015 7:46 pm

lux wrote:
Theivz wrote: Image
I'd have liked to see these on the zed!

I do like the calibre wheels just not keen on the cream colour. I think they would look loads better with the zed dropped like the tourer (which I'm guessing is on your list of to do's?)

Keep posting the pics up :thumbsup:
cheers. yes exactly. this baby is my new project :D . she's 90% there tbh from bmw which is unusual but i think the handling needs to be better and the sound :evil:

i wish i hadnt sold the bbs lmr style rims but hey ho .. got good money for em ... maybe something different for next summer? we'll see

Theivz

Post by Theivz » Thu May 21, 2015 7:47 pm

NeilP wrote:Excited to see where this goes!

:D
cheers mate. will post up ... gonna be a slow build tho. loved reading through your build thread ... those tiger claws and that stance :drool: :drool: :drool:

andysat
Lifer
Lifer

Post by andysat » Thu May 21, 2015 7:49 pm

Did they pay you for using your car?
Gone but not forgotten.
New ride silver e93.

Theivz

Post by Theivz » Thu May 21, 2015 7:53 pm

andysat wrote:Did they pay you for using your car?
yup but i would have loaned them the car for free 8) . spoke to director and VD and Han too. Universe apart from my daily grind ...

hiltonfa

Post by hiltonfa » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:50 am

Went ahead and got myself a set of Calibre GT-R rims, as you say they loose there definition in the gun metal colour, thinking of having them done in AW to match the car, still undecided. Love the aggressive look of the rims :D

Theivz

Post by Theivz » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:19 pm

hiltonfa wrote:Went ahead and got myself a set of Calibre GT-R rims, as you say they loose there definition in the gun metal colour, thinking of having them done in AW to match the car, still undecided. Love the aggressive look of the rims :D
wow they actually looks really good in contrast to the white car and goes well with mirrors.... but yes i think white will look much better :D

love that rear dish too :evil:

have you spaced them? is yours lowered? rims with your ride height looks much better than my current 4x4 height lol

hiltonfa

Post by hiltonfa » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:55 pm

Thanks Theivz, cars lowered on h&r springs I'm running 10mm spacers on the front, going to try 10mm on the rear as I have a spare set just worried about rubbing, might have to modify the liner :D

Theivz

Post by Theivz » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:41 pm

do it! :evil: lol

can always roll arch or cut liner plus max camber on oem should help :driving:

cant wait to see how it all looks esp with white rims :drool:

jimbo1958
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jimbo1958 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:47 pm

hiltonfa wrote:Went ahead and got myself a set of Calibre GT-R rims, as you say they loose there definition in the gun metal colour, thinking of having them done in AW to match the car, still undecided. Love the aggressive look of the rims :D
Be interested to see them in AW :thumbsup: Perhaps get someone to Photoshop your pic first.
Z4 e85 3.0 - GONE
Z4 e89 35i - GONE
Jaguar F Type V6s Roadster :driving:
Abarth 695 Rivale :driving:

zmaster007

Post by zmaster007 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:43 pm

Good to see you over here D! I'm looking at some Quantum44 TS1's for mine - similar style but wider http://www.bmautosport.co.uk/showroom/p ... 135_47_301

Theivz

Post by Theivz » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:43 pm

zmaster007 wrote:Good to see you over here D! I'm looking at some Quantum44 TS1's for mine - similar style but wider http://www.bmautosport.co.uk/showroom/p ... 135_47_301
hey buddy how are you? and the beast? ;)

rims looks stunning - look a bit like the calibre gtrs - looking forward to seeing em on the car :)