Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BD's E86

Post your Z4 pictures! See sticky post at the top for details of the photo competition.
BDswarveP

BD's E86

Post by BDswarveP » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:05 pm

Just thought I'd post a few progress pics, apologies I'm no photographer...

When I first picked the car up after getting it detailed.

Got the roof wrapped

And front bumper, got some gloss black grills aswell, can just about make them out, slightly different shape to the oem grills

Got some graphics done for sills at same time
Have removed these as I thought they looked a bit OTT, and we're totally the wrong shape and genrally just a bit shat and chavy.

Got some new rims from a forum member, had them refurbed locally at york powder coating, absolute top job if anyones in the area. Winter tyres on. And de-badged
Put a stubby on a while back you can see in this pic.

Another little mod I finally got round to this weekend just lurking in the darkness...

Also fitted a ZHP and No. Plate surround that I haven't snapped yet, just been cold foggy and dark up this way, so photo opportunities have been at a premium, not to mention getting chance to actually wash it.

Just need chance to get back bumper on so I can get the exhaust done now. Then new front in the new year.

Spikey

BD's E86

Post by Spikey » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:25 pm

Looking very nice - live the roof wrap :thumbsup:

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

BD's E86

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:40 am

Nice looking E86 OP. :thumbsup:

I do like an E86 on 108s - but I am probably biased!

That roof wrap looks great on your car, but I don't think it would suit my colour.

You're right about the sill trim as well - I didn't like that!

Any other plans on the horizon?
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

BD's E86

Post by enzed4 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:44 am

Nice work, but those 224's are definitely pants - you should box them up and sell them to me right now :rofl:
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

stevo///m3

BD's E86

Post by stevo///m3 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:37 pm

BDswarveP wrote:Got some new rims from a forum member, had them refurbed locally at york powder coating, absolute top job if anyones in the area.
I have a set of 224s I'd like to re-furb - how much is this place in York if you don't mind me asking?
Cheers,
Stevo
SOLD - '07 MCoupe-Sapphire Metallic-Imola leather-piano black
Previous: E36 Evo Vert
Current: ocean-going G31 estate
Insta: stevothecrab

BDswarveP

BD's E86

Post by BDswarveP » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:31 pm

stevo///m3 wrote: I have a set of 224s I'd like to re-furb - how much is this place in York if you don't mind me asking?
Cheers,
Stevo
I know the lad who does them, so im not sure what he normally charges, i know hes cheapest around, ive had three different sets of alloys done by him now, the last two sets were both in a sorry state, curbed all the way round every rim, and i got them back looking like new.

I would recommend him to even the most anal of people.

Depends on what you want doing as well price wise - you can drop your car off on the morning and pick it back up at the end of the day with refurbed alloys. or drop off the wheels and tyres, cheapest to drop off the rims with no tyres, but he also fits tyres and balances the wheels cheaper than any tyre place.

Just hit him up on Facebook, normally gets back very quickly. York Powder Coating - just moved to Elvington

BDswarveP

BD's E86

Post by BDswarveP » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:33 pm

Cheers for the response guys, im well chuffed with the car top to bottom, puts a smile on my face every time i drive it.

Im happy with the roof, just need to get the windows tinted to match now.

And ive got a long list of mods im planning as well.

BDswarveP

BD's E86

Post by BDswarveP » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:06 pm

Another little Saturday morning mod. New bumper put on.

Exhausts going on in the next week or two

kammy1975

BD's E86

Post by kammy1975 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:06 am

BDswarveP wrote:Another little Saturday morning mod. New bumper put on.

Exhausts going on in the next week or two
Looking good ! But have to say with that rear bumper and those wheels it looks like a .... Z4M !

I fancied the front/ rear bumper swap, but didn't want to end up with a fake Z4M essentially... BMW did get the looks spot on though with the M , so tough not to go down that route.

What are you planning for the exhaust? Taking a feed from the left side over to the right ?

BDswarveP

BD's E86

Post by BDswarveP » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:51 pm

kammy1975 wrote: Looking good ! But have to say with that rear bumper and those wheels it looks like a .... Z4M !

I fancied the front/ rear bumper swap, but didn't want to end up with a fake Z4M essentially... BMW did get the looks spot on though with the M , so tough not to go down that route.

What are you planning for the exhaust? Taking a feed from the left side over to the right ?
Im getting a custom system done on the 17th. I was going to get the eisenmann quad setup but it would need adjusting to fit the M bumper by an exhaust place anyway, and they only offer the one style of tail pipes which im not a huge fan of.

I had been speaking to a BMW performance company about exhausts who had warned me off having a custom system and pointed me towards eisenmann, later found out he was a supplier for eisenmann. Been talking to a local motorsports tuning company about exhausts who have put my mind at rest about having a custom system fabricated.

I wont be adding any ///M badges to the rear or sides, got the 224s as winter wheels, will be getting some 19s come dry weather, starting to go off the CSL style slightly, want something OEM and concaved at the rear, not sure what yet, got a winter of hunting to do.