Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Surprisingly quiet roads on New Years Day . . .

Post your Z4 pictures! See sticky post at the top for details of the photo competition.
paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:33 am

Checked the forecast and New Years Day looked promising - we'd decided how we were going to see the New Year in. . . . :D

Uncovered the M half expecting there might be more cyclist and perhaps even more traffic on the roads as folk made use of the brief sunshine . . . :(

But no, we couldn't believe it :o - we only came across two cyclists and bar a wheelbarrow race at one of our nearby villages, the roads were amazingly quiet and clear! Result! :D :thumbsup:

The usual filthy road surface this time of year immediately made a mess of the M :( To be honest there'd been lots of rain overnight and a bit of me hoped this might have washed away some of the salt. . . :?

The empty roads continued and bar the need to take it easy on some surfaces and around standing water, we had a cracking uninterrupted run - it just flowed - magic . . . :D

Our usual coffee stops were all closed :( so we headed to a lovely hotel for a coffee, parking up just as the rain started (early).
The M was showing signs of the run and I faced the usual thorough pressure wash and clean up task once we got back. . . :cry:

But it was all worth it :D :thumbsup: As I said - what a brilliant way to start the new Year! :D :thumbsup:

[url=http://s826.photobucket.com/user/dayt0n ... 3.jpg.html]Image[/url

All the best for the new season! :driving: :thumbsup:
Now Porsche flat 6 experience, 986S & 981S.
2006 Z4MR Imola Red/Imola Red, 2008 3.0si Sport Stratus Grey/Piano black, 2006 2.0I Sport Silver Grey Facelift. MX5, TVR Chimaera, many motorbikes.

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:37 am

Doing things in style, as always Paul (and Steph :wink: ) - thanks for posting :thumbsup:
Last edited by Marlon on Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

AlienZed

Post by AlienZed » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:41 am

Great to see you out an about .that was me n Andrea last year .nice drive out an brekki.
All the very best to you and Steph.and a great zedding year .
Btw wer in Oz at the mo and driving round in mi sons hyundai trajet auto.
Not quite the same as a zed .ha ha.
Moz n Andrea

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:47 am

Enjoyed the pics. Some great twisties there :thumbsup: Much better weather than here, that is for sure.

Hoping to get the Zed and my walking boots dirty tomorrow, as we have not been out since before Christmas and that is too long. :D

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:52 am

Sounds great Paul, my pet hate is the salt as well-the roads never seem to dry out properly once salted & they're permanently slimey :cry:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:19 am

Marlon wrote:Doing things in style, as always Paul (and Steph :wink: ) - thanks for posting :thumbsup:
Cheers Marlon; I'm glad we started the year with a run :thumbsup:
AlienZed wrote:Great to see you out an about .that was me n Andrea last year .nice drive out an brekki.
All the very best to you and Steph.and a great zedding year .
Btw wer in Oz at the mo and driving round in mi sons hyundai trajet auto.
Not quite the same as a zed .ha ha.
Moz n Andrea
Hiya Moz - Happy New Year to you and Andrea! - bet it's difficult dealing with the heat :lol: Amazing, you certainly get around - have a great time! :thumbsup:
buzyg wrote:Enjoyed the pics. Some great twisties there :thumbsup: Much better weather than here, that is for sure.

Hoping to get the Zed and my walking boots dirty tomorrow, as we have not been out since before Christmas and that is too long. :D
There were quite a few walkers out today - but thankfully off the roads! Have a great day :thumbsup:
Smartbear wrote:Sounds great Paul, my pet hate is the salt as well-the roads never seem to dry out properly once salted & they're permanently slimey :cry:
Rob
I've never been so reluctant to take a car out in the winter :( - just have to hope the thorough pressure wash and constant cleaning helps - so far so good :) . Don't believe it's good to leave the M sat doing nothing though so it's a question of judgement. We shall see. . .
2006 Z4MR Imola Red/Imola Red, 2008 3.0si Sport Stratus Grey/Piano black, 2006 2.0I Sport Silver Grey Facelift. MX5, TVR Chimaera, many motorbikes.

Swiftly
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Swiftly » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:48 am

A nice start to the New Year Paul! It's good to see you blowing the cobwebs off the zed and taking advantage of the weather and lovely quiet roads. Thanks for sharing and all the very best to you and Steph for 2017
Replacement, G29 Z4 M40i Lci in Alpine White :wub:
Gone G29 Z4 M40i in San Francisco Red
Gone F22 M240i auto coupe in Estoril Blue
Gone 2007 E85 3.0si Sport in Silver Grey,

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:54 pm

Swiftly wrote:A nice start to the New Year Paul! It's good to see you blowing the cobwebs off the zed and taking advantage of the weather and lovely quiet roads. Thanks for sharing and all the very best to you and Steph for 2017
Cheers Nick - it was great to be out on roads so quiet. :thumbsup: All the best for the New Year to you too :thumbsup:

patriot66
Lifer
Lifer

Post by patriot66 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:10 pm

I always enjoy your photos and reports Paul. Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year ! :thumbsup:
Sterling Grey '03 2.5i SE / Infinitas Supercharger / S.M.G / Hardtop / Gloss Black 162s / Bilstein B4s / 3.0i Brakes / DLV De-Cat & Silencer / Rebuilt VANOS / Sonar 2Xcite Lights / Carbon & Alcantara Trim / M-Sport Seats / ...& Side Covers !

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:09 pm

patriot66 wrote:I always enjoy your photos and reports Paul. Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year ! :thumbsup:
Thanks patriot :thumbsup: All the very best to you for 2017 :thumbsup:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:55 pm

paulgs1000 wrote:
I've never been so reluctant to take a car out in the winter :( - just have to hope the thorough pressure wash and constant cleaning helps - so far so good :) . Don't believe it's good to leave the M sat doing nothing though so it's a question of judgement. We shall see. . .
A man after my own heart had to take the Zed for a drive today. Bit interesting heading back across the high moor after dark. Very frozen up there. Took it very gently but the back still twitched a few times to keep me awake.

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:08 am

buzyg wrote:
paulgs1000 wrote:
A man after my own heart had to take the Zed for a drive today. Bit interesting heading back across the high moor after dark. Very frozen up there. Took it very gently but the back still twitched a few times to keep me awake.
There were times I thought I'd hit an indicator stalk as I noted a blinking orange light fighting for my attention :lol: . . . . easy does it :)