Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Forecast wrong? Beautiful day . . .

Post your Z4 pictures! See sticky post at the top for details of the photo competition.
paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:28 am

I'd carefully used extra lengths of soft rope to tie down my cover expecting high winds due to the weather forecast - woke up yesterday to lovely sunshine and a still day :? What's happening with the weather? (Just walked the dogs and it's now perishing out there! :cry: ) Such a nice day we had to take advantage and the cover came off - always good to get out in the M. :thumbsup:
Headed up to Druridge Bay and Woodhorn and had a fabulous run back home on back lanes (though they were nowhere near as clean and dry as the main roads used on the way north). Wonderful though to let the M 'breathe' . . . :D

Woodhorn Museum and Northumberland Archive.

Druridge Bay

Now Porsche flat 6 experience, 986S & 981S.
2006 Z4MR Imola Red/Imola Red, 2008 3.0si Sport Stratus Grey/Piano black, 2006 2.0I Sport Silver Grey Facelift. MX5, TVR Chimaera, many motorbikes.

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:31 am

Its great when you get a bonus day isn't it :driving: :thumbsup:
Forecast here is quite good for tomorrow and the rest of the week looks mainly dry so it might be worth my while giving mine a proper 'Sunday wash and polish' :)
Last edited by Marlon on Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:34 am

You bet :thumbsup: Really thought we were in for two days of high winds (according to BBC app) and then a glorious couple of days :D
2006 Z4MR Imola Red/Imola Red, 2008 3.0si Sport Stratus Grey/Piano black, 2006 2.0I Sport Silver Grey Facelift. MX5, TVR Chimaera, many motorbikes.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:26 am

paulgs1000 wrote:You bet :thumbsup: Really thought we were in for two days of high winds (according to BBC app) and then a glorious couple of days :D
Go to the Met office site. :thumbsup: Far better than the BBC IMHO. The BBC site is all show and no go. The Met office site looks crap has accurate data and is far easier to read once you learn where every thing hides and accept the 1990s graphics. :D

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enzed4 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:25 am

33 degrees today and sunny. Worked on the Zed during the morning then went for a blat to buy a couple of fans for the house.
Hope this makes you feel as bad as I do when you're all posting stories of lovely drives on warm sunny days, while I'm stuck indoors watching the frost on the lawn... :lol:
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:40 am

enzed4 wrote:33 degrees today and sunny. Worked on the Zed during the morning then went for a blat to buy a couple of fans for the house.
Hope this makes you feel as bad as I do when you're all posting stories of lovely drives on warm sunny days, while I'm stuck indoors watching the frost on the lawn... :lol:
I hope the orcs come down from the mountains and steal your garden gnomes. :P

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enzed4 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:53 am

buzyg wrote:
enzed4 wrote:33 degrees today and sunny. Worked on the Zed during the morning then went for a blat to buy a couple of fans for the house.
I hope the orcs come down from the mountains and steal your garden gnomes. :P
Bah.... they'll never prise me out of my Hobbit hole.... :rofl:

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:10 pm

buzyg wrote:
paulgs1000 wrote:You bet :thumbsup: Really thought we were in for two days of high winds (according to BBC app) and then a glorious couple of days :D
Go to the Met office site. :thumbsup: Far better than the BBC IMHO. The BBC site is all show and no go. The Met office site looks crap has accurate data and is far easier to read once you learn where every thing hides and accept the 1990s graphics. :D
I'll take a close look busyg, thanks :thumbsup:
Any speed limits in New Zealand enzed?

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enzed4 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:14 pm

paulgs1000 wrote:Any speed limits in New Zealand enzed?
Yes, and enforced. 50 or 60km/h in urban areas, 100km/h open road. 4-5km/h tolerance for speeding (depending of the officer on that day).
Every year that the road toll goes down, the Police go on national TV saying how their speeding policies are clearly working, pat on the back etc, every year the toll goes up, it's always bad motorists driving poorly :roll: .
Fortunately there is still plenty of countryside nearby where you can enjoy driving within the speed limits without crowds of other road users - something I don't know you can do in the UK without travelling some distance away from the main centres?

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:28 pm

enzed4 wrote:
paulgs1000 wrote:Any speed limits in New Zealand enzed?
Yes, and enforced. 50 or 60km/h in urban areas, 100km/h open road. 4-5km/h tolerance for speeding (depending of the officer on that day).
Every year that the road toll goes down, the Police go on national TV saying how their speeding policies are clearly working, pat on the back etc, every year the toll goes up, it's always bad motorists driving poorly :roll: .
Fortunately there is still plenty of countryside nearby where you can enjoy driving within the speed limits without crowds of other road users - something I don't know you can do in the UK without travelling some distance away from the main centres?
Interesting - yes we live in the NE of England and have the county of Northumberland to explore and Scotland further North. We seek out roads that can be enjoyed within the speed limit and thankfully, they can be found. Everywhere gets busier though, year on year so it's a continuous search.