Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Show me your aftermarket wheel/lowering setup....

Post your Z4 pictures! See sticky post at the top for details of the photo competition.
jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jamie_z4 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:45 am

Beedub wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:06 pm
jamie_z4 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:30 am E46 Jom coil overs
Style 128 reps 8.5j front et25 10j rear et30

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dgVLe8F.jpg[/IMG]

looks fantastic!
Thanks mate! I expected everyone to hate it on here because i've 'ruined it' must just be Wilksy :oops:
18 Z4s owned to date.

Current: 2.5i Titan silver

Daily driver: 480bhp M140i Shadow edition.

Joycey

Post by Joycey » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:06 am

Would of looked better with centre caps Jamie :rofl:

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jamie_z4 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:07 am

Joycey wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:06 am Would of looked better with centre caps Jamie :rofl:
theyre on now mate, that was when i first got em :oops:
18 Z4s owned to date.

Joycey

Post by Joycey » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:18 pm

jamie_z4 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:07 am
Joycey wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:06 am Would of looked better with centre caps Jamie :rofl:
theyre on now mate, that was when i first got em :oops:
:D :poke:

Dietcokeman

Post by Dietcokeman » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:25 am

jamie_z4 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:45 am
jamie_z4 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:30 am E46 Jom coil overs
Style 128 reps 8.5j front et25 10j rear et30

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dgVLe8F.jpg[/IMG]

looks fantastic!
Thanks mate! I expected everyone to hate it on here because i've 'ruined it' must just be Wilksy :oops:
Nah , it's not just him. Just my opinion, of course but I really don't like it at all, looks all wrong to my eyes,I mean no offence to you with this, it's your car and your welcome to do with it as you wish but this is just the image I see when I look at it ......instead of looking like a nice ( becoming classic ) German sports car, it looks like a Halfords discount card owning ,drug dealers pimped up ride ., you might of course be looking for that look, in which case you have a winner , but it certainly doesn't do anything for me . But then I am a grumpy old grandad !
No offence to drugs dealers :rofl:

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jamie_z4 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:34 am

Dietcokeman wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:25 am

looks fantastic!
Nah , it's not just him. Just my opinion, of course but I really don't like it at all, looks all wrong to my eyes,I mean no offence to you with this, it's your car and your welcome to do with it as you wish but this is just the image I see when I look at it ......instead of looking like a nice ( becoming classic ) German sports car, it looks like a Halfords discount card owning ,drug dealers pimped up ride ., you might of course be looking for that look, in which case you have a winner , but it certainly doesn't do anything for me . But then I am a grumpy old grandad !
well i'd have prefered if you'd have just said it wasnt to your taste but whatever :oops:

its not a classic its a 150k 12 year old mass produced Z4 -they arent gonna be classics for a good few years IMO.
18 Z4s owned to date.

Carmad84

Post by Carmad84 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:38 am

jamie_z4 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:34 am

well i'd have prefered if you'd have just said it wasnt to your taste but whatever :oops:

its not a classic its a 150k 12 year old mass produced Z4 -they arent gonna be classics for a good few years IMO.
No matter what I love it, if love to have mine look similar! In fact the only thing I would change would be the colour to be Sterling Grey..

God job

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jamie_z4 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:39 am

Carmad84 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:38 am

No matter what I love it, if love to have mine look similar! In fact the only thing I would change would be the colour to be Sterling Grey..

God job
thankyou, im gettting it painted Nardo grey in the winter :)
18 Z4s owned to date.

Carmad84

Post by Carmad84 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:44 am

jamie_z4 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:39 am
Carmad84 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:38 am

God job
thankyou, im gettting it painted Nardo grey in the winter :)
I look forward to seeing pictures of it done.

Buckz

Post by Buckz » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:03 am

looks fantastic!
Seriously? It looks like a lowered Z4 with bigger wheels. Which is essentially what it is. What part of it looks halfords or drug dealer to you? What a weird thing to say.

I like it, I'd love mine like that but it just won't do well as a daily.. stock height already scrapes the front :o

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jamie_z4 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:11 am

Buckz wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:03 am

Seriously? It looks like a lowered Z4 with bigger wheels. Which is essentially what it is. What part of it looks halfords or drug dealer to you? What a weird thing to say.

I like it, I'd love mine like that but it just won't do well as a daily.. stock height already scrapes the front :o
Thanks Buckz - i was questioning the halfords comment, it hasnt got a big spoiler or stickers... yet :D
18 Z4s owned to date.

Dietcokeman

Post by Dietcokeman » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:59 am

We are all entitled to our own opinion gents , I did say I was a grumpy old grandad ! :D but to me oversized wheels when coupled with lowering just doesn't look right. In fact Jamie's car reminds me of the forum avatar with those wheels, it just to me ,looks like a cartoon car . I'm sure the car is lovely to the OP of this picture and more power to him for doing what he likes with it ,but it's just doesn't look right to me . I was just saying it wasn't just Mr Wilks that didn't think it looked right. Being a grumpy old grandad ,lowering will compromise the ride as will putting on oversized wheels. Bigger wheels equals bigger cost for rims and tyres and lowering is another cost,, let's not even go into the cost of spacers and clearances and potential damage to arches etc . Why anyone would want this sort of ride quality or potential issues is beyond me , I'd rather spend the money on a decent road trip enjoying the car as it was designed . As I said , just my opinion . :oops:

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jamie_z4 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:12 pm

yeah i respect that! However saying it looks drug dealer/halfords store card is a bit mean.

the wheels are actually 18" So same size as standard, clear all arches and are on 205/225 tyres so cheaper than OEM :lol:
18 Z4s owned to date.

Buckz

Post by Buckz » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:16 pm

jamie_z4 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:12 pm yeah i respect that! However saying it looks drug dealer/halfords store card is a bit mean.

the wheels are actually 18" So same size as standard, clear all arches and are on 205/225 tyres so cheaper than OEM :lol:
*Mic drop*

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jamie_z4 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:16 pm

Buckz wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:16 pm
jamie_z4 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:12 pm yeah i respect that! However saying it looks drug dealer/halfords store card is a bit mean.

*Mic drop*

:lol:
18 Z4s owned to date.